Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199104 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 151 (More Presents; Fun with Poison Gas)
« Reply #4260 on: August 13, 2012, 01:51:19 pm »

What? Where you going, Dwarmin? D:
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: August 13, 2012, 02:00:46 pm »

If this is coming back i would like to waitlist, I've been waiting for this for a long time, it was this and Deviation 22 made me join.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: August 13, 2012, 02:03:28 pm »

No problem, anailater, but I'll have to ask you (and anyone else who wants to join) to wait until I get better organized templates to submit a character. ^^^; No worries, though, just gives you more time to think of what you'd like, right?

@Irony: I don't want to say a lot about it since it's not my place and I don't want to gossip, but there's a very real chance he won't be around due to things out of his control. >.<
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: August 13, 2012, 02:28:39 pm »

Actually, I might want to join at some point too...
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: August 13, 2012, 02:33:01 pm »

:(
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: August 13, 2012, 02:53:28 pm »

Well, it appears I'm seriously late for Serious' comeback party, but allow me to add my own particular- HELL YEAH! to this resurrection. CvRTD is simply too interesting to let die.

I'll help in any way I can, but I'm more than confident that you can get this humming without our help.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: August 13, 2012, 04:18:26 pm »

:(

You and me both. Anyway, @ GSF: I don't mind any number of people joining. :P Today's not looking like a good day for me to work on it (air conditioner self-destructed, I haven't got much sleep, I want to watch yesterday's TNA PPV with my brother at some point, and I'll be helping V-Norrec get the new Zealots and Demons up and running) but once I'm rested up and ready to go I'll be sure to get cracking.

@Draignean and others with words of encouragement: Thank you kindly. :))
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: August 13, 2012, 07:38:53 pm »

Hmm, a bit depressive since I might not be around long enough to enjoin this games righteous resurrection, but if going to do so Serc, I couldn't imagine a better way to spend the time. :)

RL D:

He'll be busy near the end of this month...then the fear of everyone kicking him out occurred.  :'(

I'm still in the waitlist, right?  :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: August 17, 2012, 11:44:33 pm »

Quick update: As I said earlier, my AC was out, but it should be getting fixed tomorrow and when it does I can finally start work. I've been too hot and miserable to think about it much during the week, and I had my computer off most of the time to keep it from overheating so when I did have it on I posted elsewhere so as not to hold people up. Just thought I'd let you guys know what the deal was.

@Tiruin: Yep, you're still in the waitlist. ^^^

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: August 18, 2012, 02:45:37 am »

Thanks for the update. Hope you feel less like you live in an oven soon. :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: August 20, 2012, 05:12:33 am »

So after thinking it over a bit after an off-hand comment from V-Norrec, I've deduced part of what slowed this down initially is that I was handing out WAY too many bonuses to keep track of. Additionally it seems a lot of people who aren't old hands to it get easily confused by the skill and class system. Before I put in any more work on the character template, should I look into simplifying everything? (I'm mainly looking at you for this one, IO, since iirc you've GM'd a few long-running games in your time but I'd appreciate any comments/contributions/opinions anyone wants to post. ^^^)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: August 20, 2012, 06:01:45 am »

I honestly have no clue But i think the ones i have failed with (all of them) were too ambitious I may re kick world in renewal soon, but it'd be a fresh start and i would try to simplify things and definitely reduce player count
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: August 20, 2012, 06:07:36 am »

Voting for partial simplification. Taking track of all bonuses and modifiers to which character and what exact situation tends to lengthen the turns by somewhat (personally, this happened hard to me XD), but it's all to you SC!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: August 22, 2012, 04:17:18 am »

No other opinions? :-\ Meh, well, I guess I'll throw out some of the ideas I've been kicking around and get opinions on that instead. I'm thinking of reassigning things so you only get a class bonus, and that gets more powerful with the character's progress. For example, I'd rework Malleus's class bonus so that instead of a straight bonus to defense, it's instead high damage reduction. Malleus has five class upgrades (counting his initial one) so he might always take 25% less damage from every attack, or always takes 5 less damage than the attack causes, so forth, although he'd always take a minimum of one damage. I'm also open to suggestions on how you think your character's class skill would translate if you want to discuss it, in thread or PM doesn't matter.

The other thing I was thinking of was improving subweapons in general by changing how weapons work. Weapons would deal different damage dice based on how powerful they are and can be upgraded to an infinite amount (so you don't have to get rid of a weapon you like), although only once after each level. Subweapons could also be upgraded in this manner, but their upgrades would be more powerful since they take MP to use. For example, after a boss you have the option to make your sword do 2d4 damage, or your throwing daggers to do 3d4 per use, or gain another use per round, that sort of thing. I'm thinking converting weapons in the manner of each additional +1 to damage becomes +1 die rank. If the average weapon deals 1d6, then a +1 inflicts 1d8, a +2 inflicts 2d4, +3 1d10, +4 1d12, etc.

In keeping with how weapons work, I'd probably also change how armor works. I'd drop the under-utilized Movement stat entirely and make Defense just be a straight damage reduction on a point to point basis. All current Movement scores on armor would just change to be defense, so Claire's Leviathan Scale Armor (for example) would just become +4 Leviathan Scale Armor.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 07:31:41 am by SeriousConcentrate »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: August 22, 2012, 09:45:44 am »

Yeah that could work, I would miss the differentiation between the two werewolves but I could live with it if it made the game easier for you
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 288