Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199233 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 151 (More Presents; Fun with Poison Gas)
« Reply #4140 on: February 13, 2012, 01:31:31 am »

wait. they roll d4s? HUEHUEHUEHUE i shall try to exploit this, in some way.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: February 13, 2012, 01:33:12 am »

When they damage you, yeah. Minor Success = d4, Major = 2d4, Massive = 2d4x2.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: February 13, 2012, 03:39:03 pm »

Go help Frenz
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: February 16, 2012, 01:28:41 am »

The year in review:

February 21st is the one-year anniversary of starting this RTD. Over the course of the last year I've managed a turn roughly every two and a half days (365/151= 2.4 average), which I'm fairly proud of. Some necessary changes were made to the system, there's been a minor turn-over of characters (151/5=About 1 every 30 turns average), I like my players, and I've had fun handling all of your actions even when I've felt run down and worn out. Indeed, the only two times I've ever been unhappy about writing a turn were the two times I lost it due to browser bullshit. ^^^; I've had some failures in the meantime, whether due to poor planning or lack of player interest, but this is still going strong, and I want to thank everyone who's participated, lurked, or signed up without being in yet for sticking by me. It's appreciated. :D

Anyway, for the occasion, I want to do something special, but I don't know what. There's only five days left to decide. o.o So... players, lurkers, waitlisters, and people who accidentally clicked on this RTD and read the post anyway: do you have any suggestions?

On a more current note, while I'll be busy for most of the day tomorrow, I might auto Krath in the evening since, really, his input's not THAT necessary for this turn, and I won't hold it towards his three strikes (I would if I had put him in a situation where he was actually needed, like a fight or a puzzle ^^^).
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: February 16, 2012, 01:56:55 am »

An tournament?
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: February 16, 2012, 02:32:34 am »

That long? And that fast?

Nifty, but I'm not sure what a good commemorative event would be.

A tournament could work, provided it takes place near several cliffs (:P). Or you could have us all, canonically or not, battle dopplegangers of all former and current (maybe even future, if their sheets are in) players in boss/evil team form. Like some sort of extra boss stage arena or something.

Of course, all of this is a lot of work. Dunno what we could do that's lazy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: February 16, 2012, 04:59:26 am »

Yes. I want to fight my Plate-Gloved Hyper Paladin-Merchant of Doom. Want. To. :D?!?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: February 16, 2012, 05:40:08 am »

Fighting Dopplegangers sound really good here, especially at twelve o' midnight near a church.

Happy Anniversary CvRTD!  :D

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: February 16, 2012, 06:43:24 am »

I like how half the people I know have patented(?) SerCon Avatars. I know I have for a looong time, nearly the start of CvRTD I believe...

Sorry for the off-topic, but it was just a thought I had. :3

By the way, congrats on being 3rd biggest RtD postwise and 4th biggest viewwise. A worthy achievement, by my mark.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:45:30 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: February 16, 2012, 08:31:59 am »

Thanks, everyone. ^^^ Let's see. Tournament could work, possibly with a prize for the winner. If I did I'd probably give everyone a standardized loadout to ensure a fair competition. Doppelgangers is a maybe; the only thing I don't like about that idea is when/if PCs get killed it won't feel as special fighting their boss forms later on. But it's a good suggestion, though. :D

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: February 16, 2012, 08:42:51 am »

Given the circumstances and the possibility of waitlist characters getting in, hows about the setting to a commonplace that does not disrupt anything, currently.

Like the Dreamworld...  ;D

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: February 16, 2012, 08:46:23 am »

where do you get serious avatars anyway?
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: February 16, 2012, 08:53:23 am »

I think I'll put something like that in its own thread (tournament or doppelganger fight, I mean) and link to it. That way it can take as long as it needs to without disrupting the flow of the RTD here. ^^^ Also, perhaps a bit arrogantly, I'd like to note that February is apparently a good month for starting RTDs. Draignean started Deviation 22 on February 8th last year and it, too, is still going, and it's good. :D I also suggested a non-canon celebration party for his RTD; perhaps we could have one here?

@Ninja Ahra: You just ask me for one and I make it. :D

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: February 16, 2012, 09:16:05 am »

wow really? id love to have one  :)

also this started shortly after i joined so i have played this like my entire time here
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: February 16, 2012, 09:28:30 am »

*Checks Ahra's profile* Wow, that's true. You joined up not long after I did. ^^^

Anyway, I can't make one right now (I have to get ready to leave for yet another dentist's appointment fairly soon) but give me a few details and I'll make you one after I get home. ^^^

Hair Length: Long/Short
Hair Color: (Anything)
Eye Color: (Anything)
Clothing: Commoner Clothing/Noble Clothing/Light Armor/Heavy Armor
Any Other Details?: (For example, young, old, bearded, etc.)
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 288