Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199440 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 28 [In which the path diverges]
« Reply #390 on: March 17, 2011, 10:36:42 am »

Just go with the group
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 17, 2011, 11:01:41 am »

You've been fairly unlucky, Ahra. :( Still, according to my notes one more 8 and you get a skill-up.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 17, 2011, 01:49:54 pm »

So exp vs survivability? 'kay, go into the woods, but look out for big bad wolves and other threats

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 17, 2011, 03:29:51 pm »

Let's...stay away from the water...

Woods, because it's been decided!

OOC: I would of voted for the boat personally. If only because I *think* the castle will be more dangerous the longer we take to get there. Then again, I can agree sparing letting people die due to drowning rolls...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 17, 2011, 04:23:08 pm »

GENERAL

After quietly discussing it, the group decides to take the forest path. The ferryman probably can't be trusted and who knows what lurks in the waters of the lake? (Del Lago) They take the fork and head into the shadows. (MAR: 7.) The monsters that had been trying to get into the inn last night had been tracking them the whole way, however, and once they were in the woods they were easy to surround...

(Should've been doing this earlier rather than just assigning random targets at the beginning of battle, but your opponents are two ectoplasm, two fleamen, and three ghosts.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 29 [In which the undead attack]
« Reply #395 on: March 17, 2011, 04:28:55 pm »

Zappa ghost. And stay in the middle, where I won't e harmed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 17, 2011, 04:30:51 pm »

Spirits, begone from this place!

I throw holy water on Ghost 1

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 17, 2011, 04:34:39 pm »

"Remind me again why we thought the woods were a good plan?" Mordekai groans as the assembled creatures advance. How had he gotten into this anyway? What did the friar know of fate...

Freeze something dangerous!

PS. And hostile, hostile is a must.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 17, 2011, 04:38:08 pm »

"Well apparently they wanted to kill stuff. Now they have it their way."

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 17, 2011, 09:54:34 pm »

hit the closest monster with the claymore

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 17, 2011, 11:39:43 pm »

Stab a fleaman. Somehow, I don't think a rapier will work on something made of ectoplasm.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 17, 2011, 11:57:27 pm »

Throw Holy Water on one of the Ectoplasms.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 18, 2011, 05:01:51 am »

punch them with my cross.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 18, 2011, 06:38:30 am »

@Draignean: Wanna change your character's name to Mordekai? Just wondering. ^^

Spoiler: INITIATIVE (click to show/hide)

GHOST 3

The ghost suddenly appears by Pierre and swoops at him! (4 vs 5) The Frenchman ducks the ghost's dive.

FRIAR GREENMOORE

Reaching into your robes, you remove a vial of holy water and sprinkle it at Ghost 1. (3+1 vs 1. -1 MP; Massive Success, 2d6x2+1d6x2 Priest bonus damage. 26 damage and kill) The ghost shrieks as the holy water purifies it, and it fades away into mist.

MALAKAI RITT

(Random Target: Fleaman 1. 5 vs 1. -2 MP; Minor Success, no special effect. 1d4; 2 damage) Caught off-guard, you barely have time to conjure a sphere of ice and toss it into the face of the first small, leaping hunchback. It's enough to ward it off for the moment.

ECTOPLASM 2

The purple ball of protoplasm expands and contracts violently, screaming faces appearing and disappearing along its surface. Quivering, it swoops towards Wymar. (5 vs 2-1. Massive Fail, Wymar counters. Minor Success (8-2 ineffective weapon), 1d4 damage. 3 damage) The fortune teller steps to the side and swings his bastard sword into its path, lightly wounding the Ectoplasm.

MALLEUS RAULAT

You brandish your cross. (Random Target: Ghost 3. 8 vs 4. Major Success, 2d6. 8 damage) A ghost that had been about to attack you suddenly shrinks back, away from the holy implement.

GHOST 2

The ghost floats at Nazara. (7 vs 4. Minor Success, 1d4.  2 damage) It claws her on the shoulder before floating away.

WYMAR SANE

You unleash a holy spell on the nearest undead. (Random Target: Ghost 2. 3 vs 3, 7 vs 7, 1 vs 8. -2 MP) But the ghost fades away, and reappears a few feet away from your spell.

MARCUS RAUST

(Random Target: Ectoplasm 1. 5+1 vs 3. -1 MP; Minor Success, 1d6. 3 damage) You throw holy water at Ectoplasm 1. The vial smashes against its surface, and the water briefly burns with a pale blue flame.

NAZARA

You retaliate against Ghost 2. (3+1 vs 2. Minor Success (7-2 ineffective weapon), 1d4. 4 damage) Your claymore slices into it, temporarily splitting it in half before it reforms... albeit a little dimmer in outline than before your strike.

ECTOPLASM 1

The ectoplasm goes right for Malleus! (8 vs 2+1. Major Success, 7 damage - absorbed by Wax Doll!) It hits him and passes right through, but no wounds appear on his body - the strange artifact he picked up has again protected him from harm.

FLEAMAN 1

Leaping about and cackling like a hyena, the fleaman attempts to land on Marcus. (7 vs 8) But the hunter predicted his movements and dodged aside!

FLEAMAN 2

The fleaman scampers back and forth before leaping at Greenmoore from behind. (6 vs 7-1, 8 vs 5-1. Major Success, 2d4 damage. 6 damage) It lands squarely between his shoulders, grabs his ears, and repeatedly slams its small, thick head into the back of the friar's before leaping away.

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

You attack the fleaman that just attacked the friar. (2 vs 1. Minor Success, 1d4. 4 damage) You successfully stab him in the back before he's fully recovered from landing!

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)

--------------

Malleus, Wymar, and Greenmoore have earned a skill-up. ^^
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:48:15 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 30 [In which holy implements are useful]
« Reply #404 on: March 18, 2011, 07:01:31 am »

"I need your aid Malleus!"

I take cover behind Malleus and throw another holy water at Ghost 3

OOC: Hmm, I can kill a ghost/ectoplasm in one hit, but 10 health sucks. A single attack and your in one shotting range...but I have plenty of mana...lol

Seriousconcentrate, is there any way for higher health chars to try and intercept attacks done to the glass cannons? None of us squishy wizards will survive long without it.

So, I'll take +5 health for my skill up..to be applied now? :B

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 288