Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199246 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 143 (Mirrors and Demons; Headless Statues)
« Reply #3810 on: November 27, 2011, 12:36:10 pm »

Manipulate the shield if it is on a hinge or on rails or otherwise pull it off the wall
Raggle Fraggle

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: November 30, 2011, 06:26:22 pm »

OK, I think that's everyone. If it isn't, well, now's a good time to get on it. :P Sorry for neglecting my RTDs but it's (basically) finals week and I've had a bit too much on my mind to worry about running turns.

Also IronyOwl linked to Kongregate and it was super effective on my free time. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: November 30, 2011, 06:42:51 pm »

I did notice you've been a little bit edgy lately, SC.

Don't stress yourself out too much-you're supposed to relax on the forums. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: November 30, 2011, 08:18:59 pm »

Are you talking about S.A.R.U.? He's supposed to be a douchebag, I just very rarely play that kind of character. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
CvRTD: Turn 144 (Pistol & Blade; Blood & Carnage)
« Reply #3814 on: December 02, 2011, 08:27:09 pm »

MAGIC
GROUP 1
Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion
Follow Pierre
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath
Go right, I say!

GROUP 2
Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra: 48 (7)
2x Ice attack GO!
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl: 11 (8)
Kraken shot and then slash Thunder Demon 1.
Quote from: Alora Moonsilver / wolfchild: 18 (6)
Alora readies for a fight, knowing demons from her training, she prepares to strike while it is still materialising

Quote from: Thunder Demon 1 / SeriousConcentrate: 33
Thundershot Malleus.
Quote from: Thunder Demon 2 / SeriousConcentrate: 15
Swoop down on Claire.

SCIENCE
GROUP 1
Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin: 17 (2)
Friar Greenmoore drops into a defensive position to guard Biernat while he moves the shield OR does it himself if Biernat is busy...
Quote from: Biernat Hara / Riccto: 44 (3)
Manipulate the shield if it is on a hinge or on rails or otherwise pull it off the wall
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th: 80 (3)
Take no damage while deep in thought....

Quote from: Swarm 1 / SeriousConcentrate: 10
Attack Greenmoore, Frenz

GROUP 2
Quote from: Tariq al-Sayyid / Taricus: 69 (4)
"Alex, keep the damned hands occupied, I'll look for something to get these gate open!" (Search roll.)
Quote from: Alexander Sylias / adwarf: 13 (7)
Turn into my wolf form (3 MP), and try to draw all of the Hands attention to me by destroying as many as possible in a short time.

Quote from: Swarm 2 / SeriousConcentrate: 16
Attack Tariq x2

Pierre and Zathyran looked at the divergent corridor for a moment, then at each other and shrugged. Pierre headed to the right and the mage followed him. On either side the mirror showed their reflections as they reached the end of the corridor, where a ball floated above a pedestal. Pierre touched it and the way they had came from was suddenly blocked by a wall, but another path opened... onto a dead end. Pierre touched the orb again and things were back the way they were. Either this way was incorrect, or they would have to split up.

In the basement, Malleus was already preparing a spell. As the first demon appeared, he launched a pair of icicles at it... (-4 MP. 6+2 vs 6+2 [5+2 vs 7+2]. 8+2 vs 3+2; Massive Success, 2d6x2; 22 damage) The demon dodged the first one, but the second impaled him in the stomach. Growling, he fired back at Malleus, launching a ball of lightning! (8+3 vs 7+7) Malleus held his shield up, and the electricity crackled along it with passing through. The second demon was still emerging, and Alora moved to smack it with her weapon... (7+2 vs 2+2; 8+2 Critical Success, 2d6x2+50%; 24 damage) ...and struck it solidly in the head! It ignored the bleeding wound as it flew from the gate to attack Claire! (1+4 vs 1+2; 6+2 Massive Success, 2d4x2 +3; 13 damage)

It struck her solidly in the chest with its shoulder and drove her back, smashing many bottles of wine and the rack containing them with her body before backing away a few steps to get enough distance to charge again... giving her a chance to escape! (-2 MP; I'm assuming you're using one shot? 5 vs 2+2; Major Success, 2d6; 9 damage. 4, so entangled, 3, loses three defense for two rounds. 5 vs 6+2-3 [8 vs 2+2-3]; 7+4 Critical Success, 2d6x2+75%; 25 damage, 34 total) She rolled away, shooting the first Thunder Demon in the arm in mid-dive, then came out of the roll with a slash from her cutlass as she passed the demon, opening up a large wound along its side!

In the other tower, Frenz was thinking about the situation. (3) Nothing came to mind. He was used to the life of a nobleman: hunting with his peers, meeting beautiful noblewomen at court, drinking the night away, occasionally fighting... not trapped rooms devised by lunatics in a demonic castle ruled by the most powerful vampire to ever exist. (6; 6+2) Biernat moved the shield. Nothing was behind it. In frustration he ripped it completely off the wall! (Biernat gets: Tepes Insignia Shield! It's made of red metal and seems fairly sturdy. +1 to defense with no movement penalty.) Greenmoore, meanwhile, got ready to fend off the hands as they came for him and Frenz... (Greenmoore defense: 6, so +1 to defense this round. G: 1+3 vs 3+1 [2+3 vs 2+1]; Major Success, 2d4; 5-2=3 damage. Bleed effect; Greenmoore loses 2 HP for 2 rounds. Frenz loses 1 HP, recovers from bleeding.) The hands tore at them! Greenmoore tried unsuccessfully to fend them off and received a few ragged cuts along his forearm; Frenz got his whip out and clearing the area around himself very efficiently indeed.

Meanwhile, Tariq was desperately searching for the answer. (7) He saw it: under the chair was something. Rails, maybe? It would bear investigating... but right now he couldn't do so because the mechanical hands formed a solid wave between he and his target! (Alex interception: 2+1 vs 8, 1+1 vs 7. Both attacks target Tariq. 5+3-2 vs 6 [4+3-2 vs 6]. 2+3-2 vs 8. 2 HP, bleed effect ends) The watchman was well prepared from his experience with dealing with unruly mobs, however, and with great agility dodged their every grab and punch! Alexander, meanwhile, had dropped to all fours and began his transformation as Tariq was doing so... (-3 MP. 7 vs 2+4; 6+7 Critical Damage, 2d6x2+125%; 50 damage. Hands lose both attacks next turn.) With a bestial roar, the giant wolf jumped into the midst of the hands. His massive claws were a blur as they tore into the vile machines and threw them aside; his fangs clamped down on one going for his throat and crushed it before he tossed his head and flung it against the far wall.

If Tariq was going to try anything, now was a VERY opportune time.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Grimmjow: Originally my idea for that ability's (take no damage on a turn you choose) second evolution was to be able to do that and attack the same turn, but... would you prefer it if instead the second evo instead added a 'distraction' element where enemies would have to roll to hit their target if it wasn't you? (Like Malakai had.)
Taricus: You have three 8s and a skill-up. ^^^

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 144 (Pistol & Blade; Blood & Carnage)
« Reply #3815 on: December 02, 2011, 08:44:53 pm »

Upgrade sentry of the dunes please :D

Manipulate the chair somehow!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: December 02, 2011, 08:48:51 pm »

That's an evo; you won't be able to upgrade it until you kill the mad scientist at the end of the tower. :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: December 02, 2011, 08:49:28 pm »

Ah. Skill up though?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: December 02, 2011, 08:49:37 pm »

The wolf let out a deep growl, and began pacing back, and forth in front of Tariq making sure that nothing could get near him.

Continue protecting Tariq

OOC: Wow that was some massive damage o.O

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: December 02, 2011, 08:54:33 pm »

Mwahahaha, vampiric pirate FTW! How do the rest of you even deal with being damaged? :P

Slash Demon 1!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: December 02, 2011, 08:58:45 pm »

You mean, what to use a skill-up on? I dunno, look at everyone else for ideas. :P Most characters have +1 damage with their favored weapon, for example.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: December 02, 2011, 09:02:46 pm »

May I take a HP-UP?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: December 02, 2011, 09:06:27 pm »

+5 HP if you want it. :3

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: December 02, 2011, 09:07:45 pm »

DONE! No longer shall I be squishy!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: December 02, 2011, 09:08:44 pm »

OK, making the edit then. ^^^ +5 MP is also always available on a skill-up, just for future reference.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 288