Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199172 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 140 (Imps on Ice; Lucky Arrows)
« Reply #3735 on: November 18, 2011, 06:38:26 pm »

I am still at heart a curious cat and you must now elaborate. That's the price you pay for saying you have an idea. :P

I'm dead serious about that, by the way. If you have an idea, go ahead and tell me what it is because even mentioning you have one means I'm going to ask you what it is anyway. Regardless, I agree with Powder; pretty much everyone has +1 or more to their Damage rolls by now, so you already have less chance of missing, but this way there will always be a 1 in 8 / 12.5% chance you can be countered. I mean, before the change Alexander, Claire, and Frenz could not fail at hurting the target on a hit (at the very worst they would end up with a 5, or a Minor Success) but this way is a little more fair to those who don't have such good damage boosts, like Tariq, Alora, and Pierre. The former three will still have a 87.5% chance of damaging the target which is pretty nice all things considered, and Pierre (who has the highest damage bonus of the latter three) has a 75% chance of dealing a little damage. It balances out. ^^^

EDIT: Turns out not everyone in RtASL has posted yet, so working on turn now.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 06:44:13 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
CvRTD: Turn 141 (Cheeky Imps; Random Organs)
« Reply #3736 on: November 18, 2011, 08:48:51 pm »

MAGIC

Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion
Zathyran nodded, before standing up and bowing slightly. "Zathyran, Mage and Hunter of the Night. It's truly a pleasure to meet you..." He said grandiosely to Alora, before he started following the Pirate. Nothing better to do, aye?
Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra
"well il be in the next room, can i just read that book you found first?"
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath
Summon my Imp. See if I can teach it to do tricks.
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl
Claire moves onward, looting as she goes.
Quote from: Alora Moonsilver / wolfchild
"So the imps are dead, I think we should get to know each-other, provided we are sticking together why are you here?" While asking that, Alora examines the exits of the room. & to Zathyran: "Nice to meet you good hunter, I too am a hunter of fiends"

SCIENCE

Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin
Friar Greenmoore takes right door, motioning for Frenz or Biernat to follow
Quote from: Biernat Hara / Riccto
Head rightward with pistol in hand
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th
Stay with Greenmoore and Biernat, keeping an eye out for anything....out of the ordinary....well, as out of the ordinary as you can get in this land.
Quote from: Tariq al-Sayyid / Taricus
Tariq took a breath, then opened the door to his left.
Quote from: Alexander Sylias / adwarf
Follow Tariq.

Somehow, Pierre is able to sense that the giant the party took in yesterday taught a rock how to do tricks, and (s)he'll be damned if (s)he's going to let some newcomer upstage (her) him! If Biernat can teach a rock tricks, then surely (s)he can teach the Imp a few! Pierre summoned it and pointed at a table. "Sit!" (6+1) "Yes, Mistress," the Imp said, obediently flying over and sitting on the edge. "Shake!" (3+1) The Imp reached over and shook a relevant part of Pierre's anatomy as commanded, causing (her) him to blush profusely. "That's enough..." (s)he said, banishing the Imp back to where it came from. (Claire: 5; 2.) Somehow Claire was able to completely ignore everything going on in that part of the room and left, picking up a bag of gold from an Imp's corpse as she passed it.

Meanwhile, Zathyran and Alora were introducing themselves to each other. Once introductions were complete, they followed Claire out of the storage room. Malleus moved to investigate the Belnades book first, going back into the library. (5, minor success so the book is still there. 8 and no malus since he can use magic = 1d4x1d4; 4x2= +8 permanent MP.) Although Malleus disliked the idea of learning from a man not of the church, he found the writings easy to understand, building upon his previous knowledge of magic. Feeling enlightened, he rejoined the group in the main hallway. They now had two choices: up to the second floor, or try to check the basement?

In the Tower of Science, the party on the second floor decided to split up into more familiar groups. Tariq and Alexander moved left, while Desmond, Biernat, and Frenz went right. Both teams were greeted with the same sight: a room where the walls and floor were covered in brown tile, some of which were missing along the walls and ceiling. Alexander sniffed the air and knelt to look at the tiles more closely while Greenmoore touched one along the walls. "It's dried blood," the friar said to his allies. Across the way, Alexander was expressing the same thought to Tariq, adding, "fresh, too. Two, three days maybe. Two women and a man." He sniffed again, then noted he had smelled the male scent before but couldn't place it. He followed his nose to a hole in the wall and looked into it...

...to see a single human eye staring back out at him. The iris was light blue; the optic nerve trailed back into the darkness. Feeling somewhat squicked out, Alexander reached in to touch it when it suddenly was yanked back and away, vanishing into the shadow. Unknown to the other three, the eye's mate had been watching them from a hole in the wall and had left just as suddenly. "It's a trap," Tariq realized, right before heavy barred gates crashed down over the exits. "There has to be a way out," Frenz said, studying the room. Both rooms were identical, and from what he saw only six objects stood out: a bookcase filled with books, a marble bust of a woman on a pedestal, a brown chair set a little way away from the bookcase, a table near it, a fireplace, and a wooden shield hanging on the wall.

Before anyone could decide what to do, from a hole in the ceiling in each room a human hand fell. Alexander sniffed at it from a distance. "...Smells like the man I mentioned I moment ago," he growled, hackles raised. To both group's surprise, the hand suddenly came to life and skittered into one of the other holes in the wall before anyone could stop it. A moment later there was a click and the sound of skittering again, only metallic... and a lot more of it...

What were they going to do?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

And also Ahra gets two more skill-ups. 5 8s across consecutive turns and 35 8s, respectively.

EDIT: Also 250 page yay. ^^^
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 08:51:45 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 141 (Cheeky Imps; Random Organs)
« Reply #3737 on: November 18, 2011, 08:59:43 pm »

Alexander took the musket from his back, and swirled around taking a low defensive crouch, and then moving slowly in a circle. His finger was held just infront of the trigger, and he said "A large group of something is coming this way. My friend I would suggest you preapre yourself for there are far more of them than us." As he finished his eyes flickered, the pupil's narrowing, and becoming more beast like, but it lasted only a second as he forced his true form back.

Prepare my rifle, and shoot the first foe that comes into the room.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: November 18, 2011, 09:18:17 pm »

"In most situations like this...."
Cleave the bookcase in half, then tilt the marble bust.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: November 18, 2011, 10:18:09 pm »

"I open doors. I very good at that. Most time. Hopeful this time."
Hulk Strength that Door open.
Raggle Fraggle

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: November 18, 2011, 10:49:02 pm »

"Not an encouraging sound..."

Do some more subtle investigation while my teammates try brute force.

1. Can the shield be moved? Is there anything behind it?
2. Can any parts of the statue be manipulated?
3. Any books in the bookcase fake ones, or hollowed out?
4. Anything under or on the table or chair?
5. Any mechanisms in the fireplace? Does it look to have been used recently? What was burned it, if it can be identified?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: November 18, 2011, 10:58:44 pm »

Track the source of the clicking, make sure whatever it is can't get a jump on me.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: November 19, 2011, 04:22:01 am »

Down to the basement! There's probably more loot down there.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: November 19, 2011, 06:52:38 am »

skills, prof. armor user lv2
         Shield bash: if an enemy hurts malleus for 5 or less ddamage in close combat malleus swings his shield up and tries to hit his opponents head.

"The cellar? ... why the hell not, me first"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: November 19, 2011, 10:38:25 am »

Here's the waitlisting application!
Name: April Eploc.
Appearance: Standing 5'9'' tall, with average weight, April Eploc has bright orange hair, which is braided and hangs down around her shoulders. She is actually quite good-looking. She prefers to wear loose-fitting, comfortable garments, preferably in pastel yellows. Her eyes are a deep brown. She possesses a scar on her neck from an accident with testing and messing with rifles.

Background: April Eploc was always curious and creative as a child, and always interested with the new things they invented. And in her late teens, she managed to get her hands on a old musket, which she took apart and put back together repeatedly, memorizing how it worked. Eventually she started to think of ways it could be put together that would make it more efficient, just a few pieces there and ooh that would do better rearranged here... and with the peaceful life she enjoyed in her village, she had plenty of time and testing to get things right... and occasionally wrong, one particularly bad accident at 19 years old giving her a scar in the neck. However, when the werewolves and undead started popping up, when she was 21 years old (her current age) her peaceful village was shattered, and she and another few people capable of fighting in her village went out to find the source of it. They had been doing well until they were all slaughtered, with her as the only survivor.
Weapon: Modified Musket+Knife Bayonet (Piercing; +1 to damage)
Armor: Clothing (-1 Defense, +1 Movement)
Sub-Weapon: Dual Flintlock Pistols (The pistol can fire twice per round)
Profession: Gunslinger (+1 damage with firearm-type subweapons) (10 HP / 35 MP)
Skills: Good Eye (+1 to accuracy)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: November 19, 2011, 08:01:05 pm »

Alora Starts to cautiously head towards the basement "Do not leave possible enemies behind you, the basement is likely only one or two floors, we should make sure there are no fends there, before heading towards the top, where there is a very evil presence"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: November 19, 2011, 09:08:59 pm »

" Yeah yeah, i just dont like being enclosed in small places... armour dont count, as proof i swear to god you will not see me without my crusading helmet unless i die or is dying"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: November 19, 2011, 10:30:45 pm »

"Oh yeah, hey new girl," Claire said over her shoulder. She got the feeling more proper introductions were expected, but didn't particularly care. This newcomer was obviously interested in the same things they were and both they and her could use the help, which was about all the explanation Claire needed. Might as well get on with the looting and avoiding death.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: November 20, 2011, 06:06:02 am »

Equip my FANTABULOUS trademarked feather hat and vote to go down into the cellar. Ohohohohoho.

I must increase my stores of fine wine, and clearly a cellar would be the best place to find some.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: November 20, 2011, 06:14:35 am »

Check the basement.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 288