Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199057 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 136 (Contemplation; High-Power Attacks)
« Reply #3555 on: November 03, 2011, 10:44:39 am »

@Irony: Yeah, my beard, such as it is, annoys the hell out of me. I shave it, one day later it looks like that again; I ignore it and four months later, it hasn't changed at all. :\ Either go the hell away or be magnificent like ZZ Top, that's my take on it.

@Tal: Right now you're waiting on my coffee to finish so I can have breakfast and get a little awake before I try writing the turn. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
CvRTD: Turn 137 (Information; Overkill)
« Reply #3556 on: November 03, 2011, 01:09:08 pm »

So after the rampant stupidity of getting the coffee machine ready I forgot to actually start it. -__________- Anyway, turn nao.

MAGIC

Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion
The thought 'I wish Marcus were here...' resonated through Zathyran's mind as it wandered his memories. Suddenly, he smacked himself in the face. "STUPID!" Reaching into his cloak, he pulled out a small, but thick book, with the words 'Grimoire of the Wanderer by Marcus Raust' scrawled onto it's face. He flipped it open and began glancing through it, looking for information on the castle, any of the herbs, and even information about the types of enemies he would find in the castle, making sure to keep an eye out for mentions of materialization.
Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra
yeah, im gonna try magicing the ones not being subdued.
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath
In this case, grab the SECOND best imp and threaten persuade it into serving me. Because witches need familiars.
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl
Grab the best imp and threaten it into serving me now.

Quote from:  Imp Horde/ SeriousConcentrate
Appear, at a slight disadvantage.

SCIENCE

Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin: 79 (5)
Double Holy water on robozombie 1 again, or if it's re-dead, hit roboninjazombie 2.
Quote from: Biernat Hara / Riccto: 44 (8)
Its Zombie Smashing Day.
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th: 80 (3)
Focus solely on the zombie in front of me...wait for it to charge...open hand palm strike to the front of the head with a sweeping motion of the feet behind it, taking it down.

Quote from:  Mechanical Zombie 1/ SeriousConcentrate: 27
Continue to assault the holy man.
Quote from:  Mechanical Zombie 2/ SeriousConcentrate: 11
Catch that ball like a boss, drag Biernat in with unholy, undead, mechanical strength, and LARIATOOOOO
Quote from:  Mechanical Zombie 3/ SeriousConcentrate: 53
Flying roundhouse kick that nobleman!

Zathyran smacked himself in the face, inflicting all of 0 damage but leaving a rather red handprint anyway, and reached into his robes. Marcus had given him this book before they had parted ways, telling him that anything he hadn't had time to teach him could be found in its pages. But did it hold any information on this mysterious castle? (7, Major Success) It turned out that it did! Marcus had compiled a few legends and myths about the castle. Named Castlevania (as an aside, that's canon according to Order of Ecclesia...), it was the home of an extremely powerful vampire - one might even say the first vampire - known as Dracula, a man who could manipulate the souls of demons and commanded such might that even Death itself served as his right hand. That explained a lot, to the young man. If Death himself had claimed Marcus and Malakai, then Dracula could have easily intercepted them and twisted them to his own ends... and such a fate lay in store for any who opposed him and died in the struggle. He couldn't quite suppress a shiver of fear and anger that his master had met such an end.

He flipped through a few more pages and determined that there were four main towers: Magic, Science, Art, and Time. The castle was extensive and had an underground catacombs, a massive library, an art gallery separate to the corresponding tower, a chapel of all things, several barracks, a few ballrooms... it seemed like the place had never been mapped completely, and Marcus made a note that it was theorized the castle itself was some demon of chaos, bent into shape by Dracula's will and that if he were killed, it would be destroyed too. Leaving the castle for now, he flipped to the herbs. (4, Minor Failure) Marcus had made note of some herbs but had neglected to show pictures or describe them. Apparently he had felt knowing the names would be enough. (6, Minor Success) No one, not even Marcus, knew everything about the castle, but he had made a note about materializing imps that Zathyran found rather quickly. They were small flying beasts, about a foot tall, with dark purple skin, bat wings, and horns. They attacked using blades made of wind and small pitchforks. Apparently they could also jab said pitchforks into people and take control of them for a short time, though they weren't strong enough to completely overcome the will of warriors such as himself and his team. He closed the book for now.

Meanwhile, Claire and f!Pierre were trying their wiles on the imps. (Claire: 6. Pierre: 7+1.) Two of the imps were charmed! One approached Claire and made a slight bowing motion - as well as it could in the air, anyway - and held out a stone. "King's stone for pretty lady," it said. Claire was like :\ because something that spoke with ten different high-pitched demonic voices at once wasn't to be trusted, but she took the king's stone anyway. (Claire gets: King's Stone! This one-use item guarantees damage on a successful hit by adding +4 to all damage rolls the round it is used.) The imp bowed again and vanished. Meanwhile, the other one fluttered over to Pierre and settled down on his shoulder. It put a hand on his hat and seemed to disappear into it... (In Witch form, Pierre now has an Imp familiar! It costs three MP to summon, lasts 1d4+1 rounds, and attacks with +3Acc/+1Dam. On a Massive Success on damage, it has a 10% chance to control the enemy.)

Malleus rolled his eyes. The magician was reading and basically ignoring the threat, and the pirate and whatever the hell Pierre even was anymore were trying to seduce them! There was only one thing to do with demons, and that was send them right back to where they came from! (Random Target: 4, Imp 4. -4 MP; 3+2 vs 6. 6+2 vs 2; Minor Success, 1d6; 2 damage) But he wasn't used to casting spells yet, and the imp he aimed an icicle at managed to mostly dodge aside...

And over in the Tower of Science, the fight continued! Frenz took a step back and raised his hands, getting ready to intercept the zombie running at him. It leaped into the air... (6+2 vs 7+1 [3+2 vs 3+1]; 7+4 Critical Success, 2d6x2+75%; 39 damage and 2x overkill) ...and as it twisted around to swing a leg out at his head, Frenz grabbed it by the face, used his other hand to sweep it around into an awkward positions, and slammed it against the ground with as much force as he could bring to bear! The results were messy and quite frankly a bit disgusting. Frenz wiped his hand off on the zombie's shirt and stood. (-2 MP. 3 vs 1+1; Minor Success, 1d6+1d6; 5 damage. 6 vs 1+1; Massive Success, 2d6x2+1d6x2; 30 damage. 35 damage total and 5x overkill) Greenmoore walked up to the downed zombie and took out another pair of holy vials. Saying a prayer for the man's soul, he emptied one on it, then the other to make sure he had ended its unlife. (Greenmoore gets 1x Heart)

Biernat continued to whirl the ball around for momentum, twisting and moving his body as well to keep it moving in patterns the zombie wouldn't be able to predict. (4+2 vs 4+1; 4+3 Major Success, 2d6; 10 damage) The zombie tried to duck in past his defenses but ate a sphere to the chest for its troubles! (1+2 vs 2; Minor Success, 1d6; 4 damage) Surprisingly, as it flew back it grabbed the chain and pulled Biernat with it, then hit him with a clubbing blow to the chest. Apparently this zombie wasn't going down without a fight...

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Riccto got another 8 this turn, which combined with the ones from his last turn, make three in a row, so now Biernat has 3 skill-ups. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 137 (Information; Overkill)
« Reply #3557 on: November 03, 2011, 01:31:41 pm »

Smack the last zombie with my mace!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: November 03, 2011, 01:36:04 pm »

So. A Skill up is like...HP up? Or..What?
Raggle Fraggle

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: November 03, 2011, 01:37:59 pm »

Just shoot the damned thing.
Raggle Fraggle

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: November 03, 2011, 01:40:38 pm »

You can get +5 HP or MP on a skill up, or something else entirely. For example, Frenz has a Lv2 skill that adds +2 damage to each attack, and a Lv2 skill that gives him +2 accuracy on each attack. Malleus has a Lv1 skill that adds +1 to search rolls. Zathyran has a Lv2 skill that adds +25% damage to each Critical Success he gets on damage. That sort of thing. ^^^

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: November 03, 2011, 01:43:50 pm »

And I have 3 right?
Raggle Fraggle

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: November 03, 2011, 01:46:37 pm »

"Right, this annoys me, go to... er go back to? hell."
Its clobbering time, maybe golf.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: November 03, 2011, 01:50:54 pm »

*nods* Basically you can get a Lv2 Skill and a Lv1 Skill, 3 Lv1 Skills, 1 Lv2 Skill and +5HP or MP, etc.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: November 03, 2011, 03:48:42 pm »

Turn attention to last zombie, unravel whip from around hand, rush at zombie, grab it with a one handed choke and wrap whip around it, then kick it to the ground and let allies attack it.
Activate Enhanced damage as well :P
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: November 03, 2011, 09:17:08 pm »

I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL YOUR DARK SOUL WITH LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

Use that Magic Book: Light on Imp #4.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: November 03, 2011, 09:19:34 pm »

I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL YOUR DARK SOUL WITHLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

All the wins. All of them.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: November 03, 2011, 09:59:30 pm »

Slash imp #3!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: November 04, 2011, 03:27:06 am »

Nice avatar serious, what game is it for?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: November 04, 2011, 03:34:29 am »

This should tell you everything. :3
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 288