Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199160 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 135 (Pierre Becomes A Witch, And Then A Zombie Pops Out)
« Reply #3465 on: October 30, 2011, 10:53:22 pm »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Keep up the Pierre torment/Good work Serious XD
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: October 30, 2011, 10:56:31 pm »

I am loving this
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: October 30, 2011, 11:03:10 pm »

I must resist the urge to paint a face on my Odd Rock and name it Rocky and request advice from it.

Tuck the rock into my pocket. Unravel the chain and with a few twirls of the ball launch it at one of the zombies

Raggle Fraggle

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: October 30, 2011, 11:21:02 pm »

Tackle the one guarding the doorway and smashy with whip-encased fists. "Back you demon!"
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: October 31, 2011, 01:51:31 am »

Continue on, after picking myself up from that fall.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: October 31, 2011, 02:39:46 am »

Whoops, sorry, just now noticed that you two had suggested some evos. ^^^;

Werewolf Level 2: Gain the extra attack -> That's pretty much happening, then.

Regeneration 1&2 -> Also planned although I need to determine exactly what I want the effect to be; I sort of liked the initial one but I also like the idea of getting a large health boost for striking the finishing blow since it's, y'know, eating the enemy and that fits in well with horror. I dunno, maybe I could give Alexander that version (since he's more wolf) and Alora the original idea (since she's more human).

Regen MP Idea -> Probably not happening. You already have the gloves, and Greenmoore has a fairly reliable way to restore MP. :P Plus you can find MP potions and such, especially if you end up in the Tower of Magic which is where I'm already thinking of placing Alora. And the Librarian (next mid-point) will be selling MP potions as well...

Desert Watchman: -1 to enemy hit rolls, due to the more fluid arabic fighting styles, Level 2 boosts this. -> A nice suggestion. Obviously the Europeans, at this point, wouldn't have much knowledge of the Middle East. The First Crusade ended about 31 years before this is taking place, after all, so the only person really old enough to remember it is Friar Greenmoore, and considering he was dealing with the supernatural his whole life I doubt he cared much. >.>

Watchman of the Holy city: Gains a +1 to resist magic. Second level ups this to +2. -> Would this be tacked onto your normal defense when attacked with magic, a reduction to the enemy's damage roll, or just -1/-2 HP off the final result?

Sentry of the Dunes: May roll to Resist Suprise. Level two allows him to turn the tables on his foes on a 7 or 8 on the resist roll. -> Surprise = not something that really happens. Again, it's not that I'm against it, it's just kind of a useless skill... Would you prefer a 'clone' of Pierre's Elegant Mercenary evo? At level 1 you counterattack when the enemy rolls a Major or Massive Failure on damage, and at level 2 you counter any time the enemy rolls a Minor+ Failure on damage.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: October 31, 2011, 02:44:36 am »

Ok need a thired evo for werewolf then, lemme think, also re-posting my character specific one because i did it in an edit

Thought of a possible Alora specific Evo, serious should Know where I am coming from

Crystal Chalice Werewolf 1: attacks made as a wolf are treated as holy & magic, if beneficial 2: Attacks as a wolf against non-holy creatures have a chance to give them a penalty to (not sure witch is should be, defence attack or damage)
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: October 31, 2011, 02:52:43 am »

That's good. :3 Elemental attacks do +50% normally, so maybe L2 would be +100% instead?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: October 31, 2011, 02:55:47 am »

Yea thats cool, I was just having trouble thinking up a level 2 thats why I put it there, You get where I am coming from about that right?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: October 31, 2011, 03:11:48 am »

Indeed, I gotcha. To represent what we discussed through the PMs. ^^^

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: October 31, 2011, 03:47:09 am »

What about 1 of these?

Howling werewolf
Werewolf spends a turn howling, spending 1,2 or 3 mp, reducing enemy rolls by that amount, at level 2 may howl while taking other actions

Relentless werewolf
Only take half/no penalties on movement prevention to attacks and reaching a target

Tough Werewolf
Enemies at -1/-2 to damage rolls

Frightful werewolf
Enemies that target the werewolf take -1/-2 to their attacks for that turn and next

Threatening werewolf
All Attacks against Party members other than the werewolf are at -1/-2

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: October 31, 2011, 03:58:38 am »

"right, i think this room is messing with us, you can find me outside in the next one"
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:30:37 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: October 31, 2011, 04:02:37 am »

Happy Halloween, Serious. :3

Also, did you remember to roll for possible double-gold?

Try reading Zathyran's book. Then head back to and enter the other door of the tower. Begin looting immediately.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: October 31, 2011, 04:06:20 am »

You're doing it wrong irony

Happy All hallows eve Serious

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: October 31, 2011, 04:32:55 am »

Thank ye, both of you. ^^^ Anyway, answers time:

Howling werewolf
Werewolf spends a turn howling, spending 1,2 or 3 mp, reducing enemy rolls by that amount, at level 2 may howl while taking other actions
----------
I had initially planned for a howl-type special move that could stun the enemy. It would work sort of like Frenz's Inspiring Nobleman in that it can only be used once, but the round it's used all enemies can't act that turn, and the second level would allow the wolf to howl and still attack. This might work too though, I'll leave it up to you and adwarf to decide which version you'd rather have.

Relentless werewolf
Only take half/no penalties on movement prevention to attacks and reaching a target
----------
Of course that would only be in wolf form, and I assume it's meant to negate movement penalties from stuff like the Swamped effect Malakai used.

Tough Werewolf
Enemies at -1/-2 to damage rolls
----------
Hmm. I'm only a bit loathe to include this because of how badly Ahra's broken the defense system... :P I'm already going to have to give monsters increased accuracy scores to hit him, having to increase bonuses to damage so enemies could still hurt the lycanthropes for high damage would result in absolute murder for the squishies. (Mainly just Zathyran and Greenmoore since Claire can generally take care of herself.) On the other hand I'm going to be pumping those anyway for the endgame, so, uh... I guess it'll only work while wolfie?

Frightful werewolf
Enemies that target the werewolf take -1/-2 to their attacks for that turn and next
----------
It'll make a good activated ability.

Threatening werewolf
All Attacks against Party members other than the werewolf are at -1/-2
----------
A bit OP, especially since I usually automate enemy targets by rolling a d4 (I'll be moving up to a d6 when the three new guys join) so it'll almost always be in effect. I might rename it and instead make it a special attack like the Howl that, when used, hinders the enemy in some way (poison, movement penalty, defense penalty, accuracy penalty, damage penalty, other status effect) but otherwise works as a normal attack, with the second level increasing the strength of the effect.

Did I remember to roll for 2x?
----------
Well, that was the one I promised for guessing right rather than an actual search reward. Do you want to gamble on it further? :3 If so, call it odd or even and I'll roll. Get it right and get another, get it wrong and lose it... ^^^
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:34:28 am by SeriousConcentrate »
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 288