Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199424 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 24 [In which Nazara reveals her boomstick]
« Reply #345 on: March 14, 2011, 01:03:27 am »

Swear loudly at the random number god and demand that he finally smites those beasts, by way of my sword.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 14, 2011, 01:59:32 am »

i shall teach them not to think im so easy to kill ..... with my axe
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 14, 2011, 02:05:12 am »

Oh, I know.

Impale the hat and one of the merman in a single move.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 14, 2011, 02:34:24 am »

Kill Merman 7

Figured that i kill the more damaged ones so that someone else doesn't hit said wounded monster while aiming for the max health monsters

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 14, 2011, 03:16:19 am »

@Draignean: I was thinking about having skills have only two levels; you can either start with a +2 to one thing and a -1 to something else and then in the second level remove the negative, or start with a +1 in something and improve it to +2 in the second level. Anyway, as for the skill in question... regardless of the numerical bonus, I imagine it would function like Malleus's intimidation attempt earlier; roll for the quote and if you succeed you get the bonus. Is that cool?

Spoiler: INITIATIVE (click to show/hide)

WYMAR SANE

Pierre throws his hat up in the air, probably about to do something flashy. You won't allow it this time. (Random Target: Merman 4. 4 vs 3; Massive Success, 10 damage and kill) You throw your sword up after his hat, impale it on the way down, catch it before it hits the ground, spin once, and stab the merman in the chest. Feeling rather satisfied with yourself you kick it off of your blade, although at the moment you're unsure as to what to do about Pierre's hat.

MERMAN 7

Merman 7 goes after Nazara, probably to stop her from using her gun again. (4 vs 8, evasion) It quickly finds out a gun doesn't necessarily have to be fired to be effective as she jabs the butt of the rifle into his face, knocking him back a step.

MARCUS RAUST

You go for the stunned merman, feeling it's best to take him out while he's off-balance. (Changing target to 7 since Nazara killed 2. 6+1 vs 1, Major Success, 6 damage and kill) With a powerful stab, you impale him through the chest, lift him into the air, and fling him off of the bridge back into the water.

MERMAN 8

Although his allies are dying all around him, he refuses to give up and dashes towards Wymar. (5 vs 2-1, Massive Success, 8 damage) He hurts the young fortune teller badly by catching him with a full-on spear and ramming him spine-first into one of the stone railings. Perhaps fortunately, it doesn't break under the impact, and both are still on the bridge.

MALLEUS RAULAT

(Random Target: Merman 8. 3 vs 2, Minor Success, 2 damage) You'll not allow this manhandling of Wymar to stand. On the other hand, you're reluctant to use your full strength in case the monster ducks and you hit him. Therefore you slam the beast in the back of the head with the haft of your axe.

NAZARA

Marcus killed Merman 7, but Merman 6 is looking like an easy target. You put away the gun in favor of your trusty claymore and rush it. (8 vs 4-2, Major Fail, evasion) However, there's a lot of blood and viscera on the floor of the bridge, in addition to the fact it was already damp to begin with, and your foot slides. You barely manage to not fall down, but it'll take a moment to regain your footing.

MALAKAI RITT

You command Avira to get that merman off of Wymar, and cast an ice spell on Merman 6. (Avira: 7 vs 6, Minor Success, 1 damage, fades. Ritt: 6 vs 7-2, -2 MP, Minor Failure) It's a bit harder to freeze blood than you remember. Or maybe it's that these creatures are new to you. Either way, your spell fails, but Avira manages to scratch up Merman 8 a little before disappearing.

FRIAR GREENMOORE

After cheering Nazara on, you turn your attention to Merman 6. (1 vs 1 [4 vs 8], -2MP) Apparently becoming blind was the best thing that ever happened to it, as it stumbles out of the way of your fireball.

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

(Random Target: Merman 8. 2 vs 6) Your hat... why!?!?

MERMAN 6

The merman continues stumbling around, throwing his arms out everywhere like a garrador. (Random Target: Pierre. 4-2 vs 3) It sort of wanders towards Pierre swinging, but doesn't come close to hitting him.

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)

Darvi has earned a skill up. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 25 [In which things just degenerate]
« Reply #350 on: March 14, 2011, 03:17:41 am »

Huzzah! ^[i_i]^

I out-flashied the frenchman. Good.

Lessee what I'll take.

I'll take... agile, +1 to dodge rolls.

For krath I'd suggest dancefighting  *g*
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 03:29:03 am by Darvi »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 14, 2011, 03:45:15 am »

keep hacking
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 14, 2011, 03:47:40 am »

Sounds good serious, I'll take it.

Send shards of ice into the merman attacking wymar. Lots of them.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 14, 2011, 05:08:55 am »

Finish off the closest merman.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 14, 2011, 05:39:31 am »

Defensive stance, don't let the bastards touch me.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 14, 2011, 06:31:50 am »

Seeing the fortune teller gravely wounded, Friar Greenmoore was suddenly brought back...years ago. All those friends...Archibald the pious, Bartholemow the strong, Sigurdson, the stoic one....Teller the bard, and Amelie, the Hospitalar Knight...just a few...

How bravely they fought. And one by one, all gone...he gripped the blood rosary, preparing to make the sacrifice if he needed to...

"No, Not today...NOT TODAY!"

If it isn't dead by then, then Friar Greenmoore unleashes a fireball at merman 8.
He activates the blood rosary artifact, sacrificing three health.

If it is dead, he tries to smack merman 6 with his mace for fun.
EDIT: Obviously not using the artifact in that case, of course.

OOC: If I win intiative, he's gonna get gibbed. :I
and if you missed it Serious, I'm taking
New Skill, Purifying Flames: +1 damage when using fire magic
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 07:34:37 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 14, 2011, 07:03:35 am »

My hat? My hat! MY HAT!

Pull my hat free from the sword, and bumrush Merman 8, tackling it as hard as I can to knock it off the bridge.

If I can't take it out on my partner I WILL TAKE IT OUT ON THE MERMEN!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 14, 2011, 09:21:29 am »

"Well, that was unpleasant"

Attack the nearest merman

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 15, 2011, 10:01:58 am »

Sorry, didn't realize all of you had posted. I was waiting on somebody, although now I'm not sure who I thought it was. -.-;

Spoiler: INITIATIVE (click to show/hide)

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

(5 vs 1; Minor Success, 1d6; 5 damage) FRENCH RAEG. You take your hat back from Wymar and rush Merman 8, impaling it in the stomach with your rapier, then kicking it back into the stone rails next to the fortune teller. It screeches in pain as its spine slams into the rock.

MALLEUS RAULAT

You're not finished with these monsters yet. (RT: Merman 8. 4 vs 3; Minor Success, 1d4; 3 and kill) Pushing past Pierre, you bring your ace down in a heavy overhead blow, striking the merman in the forehead. It takes you a few moments to pull your axe free. It's safe to say that the merman's not going to be getting back up from that. Ever.

WYMAR SANE

You huddle down and raise your bastard sword in a defensive position. You're not going to be hit at all if you can help it. (Minor Success; +1 to defense this turn)

MARCUS RAUST

You move to strike down Merman 2. (4 vs 4-2; Major Success, 2d4; 5 and kill) Really, it's a mercy kill. Monsters need to be destroyed, anyway, and you're just putting this one out of its misery by decapitating it.

GENERAL

This battle has ended, although not without injury. The party is halfway across the bridge, although it's hard to see much of the road beyond it as it goes through a small forest.

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 15, 2011, 10:04:06 am »

"well that was refreshing dont you tink so?" rest after crossing the bridge
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 12:20:28 pm by Ahra »
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 288