Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199301 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 132 (Entering the Towers)
« Reply #3345 on: October 22, 2011, 01:27:17 pm »

OK, wolfchild has been put on the waitlist. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: October 22, 2011, 05:53:14 pm »

Well, nobody says speeches can't be petty. You could give an informative speech on the lore behind Castlevania or the mechanics behind 2D platformers, or a persuasive speech on why everyone should eat a healthy breakfast or be polite drivers. For everything else, the internet has all you need.

As for relevance, public speaking comes up from time to time in just about everything. Even if your job is to sit in a cubicle and press a button from time to time, at some point you're going to need to give a speech on your current progress, or explain just what it is you do for a living, or present why you should be promoted to pressing the shinier button, or something.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: October 22, 2011, 06:00:30 pm »

Nah, I get having to explain yourself to your boss, and I can do that. It's talking to a crowd that I don't see ever being necessary. :\ I'm not looking for a career in sales (...which means I just jinxed the crap out of myself, more 'n likely), acting, law, or politics.

Anyway, we still need Krath & Grimmjow6th, and Taricus better get ready to be in next turn considering how the Wymar vote is going. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: October 22, 2011, 06:11:31 pm »

Well, oftentimes your "boss" is actually "a cluster of management types and some people from your department." That also goes for coordinating/explaining things to everyone else who's connected to you in any way, which also comes up fairly frequently in some fields.

Also, I'm gonna vote no on bossifying Wymar. Partially because I don't want to fight a flaming laser gatling gauss sniper rifle, unless I really have to.

Of course, strictly speaking there's nothing preventing you from creating a boss-clone of him, so we get the "best" of all worlds.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: October 24, 2011, 06:39:40 am »

Krath hasn't been on in six days and Grimm/Darvi have been here but not posting. :\ Auto?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: October 24, 2011, 06:45:16 am »

Go ahead...
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: October 24, 2011, 07:56:15 am »

Might as well. It's probably best not to get hung up on one or two players from holding everyone else back.

DAAAAAARVIIIIII, get your fat ass in here and post!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: October 24, 2011, 08:00:33 am »

Alright, I will later on since Australia demands it. :3 I'll need either coffee or sleep first. As for Darvi, he hasn't posted anything in two weeks, so I imagine he's busy and just checks in from time to time. It happens. ^^^;

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: October 24, 2011, 08:05:41 am »

Might as well. It's probably best not to get hung up on one or two players from holding everyone else back.

DAAAAAARVIIIIII, get your fat ass in here and post!

See MKWRTD's latest post. I'm not nearly as generous as Serious, I think. Trust me, I've been waiting on Darvi too for over a week.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: October 24, 2011, 08:13:29 am »

FUCK YEAH! We rock!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: October 24, 2011, 08:15:28 am »

...Is that Seamus riding a bicycle upside down?

"Oy'll fight ya, fella." :3 Why is it I have 8 characters in the game and none of them are Irish?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: October 24, 2011, 08:19:05 am »

To be honest, I don't know, but it still makes me smile.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: October 24, 2011, 12:34:59 pm »

It's been a busy week  :P

Begin searching the immediate area for a hat. Surely there's a pointy wizards hat in a place called the Tower of Magic, right?
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: October 24, 2011, 08:03:42 pm »

"Oy'll fight ya, fella." :3 Why is it I have 8 characters in the game and none of them are Irish?
...that is a good question.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
CvRTD: Turn 133 (Studies and Morgues)
« Reply #3359 on: October 25, 2011, 12:08:38 am »

...Greenmoore's a priest, he might be Irish. :3

MAGIC

Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion
"Go ahead, Malleus..." Let him open the door. Take cover behind him and prepare to attack any hostiles.
Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra
"Soo... i open mibble door first or waddaya say people? "eh wait i mean middle"
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath
Begin searching the immediate area for a hat. Surely there's a pointy wizards hat in a place called the Tower of Magic, right?
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl
Grab broom, follow others.

SCIENCE

Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin
Gather the pieces of the gun. Feel and listen to the pipe-is it hot or cold? Whats flowing through-air, water, oil etc that I can hear? As for direction, I vote for the Down Staircase.
Quote from: Biernat Hara / Riccto
Look for anything particularly out of the ordinary
Quote from: Wymar Sane / {Darvi} SerCon
Have plot-related freakout.
Quote from: Frenz Grende / {Grimmjow6th} SerCon
Inspect clock.

In the Tower of Magic, Pierre and Claire were following their instincts and looting while Malleus moved to the middle door and Zathyran took cover behind his armor. (Pierre: 7. Claire: 6.) Both mercenary and pirate went straight to the broom closet. Claire found a broom that felt a little different from the rest; it had a supernatural aura to it, like her cutlass but not quite. She picked it up and took a closer look. Instead of bristles, there were odd-looking feathers that were very soft to the touch, yet unbending to any amount of force she applied to them. (Claire gets: Wind Broom! It's a weapon that deals Wind damage instead of physical/blunt damage.) Meanwhile, Pierre was searching the shelf above the brooms and came up with a battered, conical black hat. He got the idea that, while it had magical powers, maybe he shouldn't put it on... (Pierre gets: Witch Hat! ...Is it cursed?)

"Let's go," Malleus said. No one had any objections to his choice, so he tried to open the door, only to find it rusted shut. He set his feet and rammed his shoulder into it, popping it open loudly. The door opened onto a library of sorts, albeit small and cramped. There were many bookshelves lining the walls and a few tables and desk scattered about. To the left of the door was a shelf that was basically a sort of honeycomb with the compartments containing rolled parchment. It was a good thing the room was empty, or its occupants would certainly have noticed them. Did the team want to investigate, or go back and try another way?

In the Tower of Science, Greenmoore was gathering the pieces of the gun while Biernat and Frenz looked around. No one was paying attention to Wymar, who was standing the corner quietly, sweating, with one hand to his forehead and the other pressed against the wall. (Biernat: 5) Among the clock parts on the table, Biernat saw part of the face of the clock and immediately took it; clearly it was valuable! The minute hand was made of silver, the hour of gold, and each hour was indicated by a small ruby dot. (Biernat gets: Antique Clock Face! Greenmoore gets: Revolver Parts!) While Biernat was tucking that away and Frenz checked the time, Greenmoore moved to the pipe in the corner and listened to it. It sounded sort of... mucky? The closest comparison he could make was to the sound of one's boot as they tried to lift it out of particularly thick mud. He touched a finger to it cautiously; it was warm, but not uncomfortably so. He put his hand around it. (2) He couldn't tell which way the liquid - or whatever it was - was headed; the pipe was too thick and stable to feel any sort of vibrations. Judging from it, though, he guessed that the contents were very loud and very hot since he could barely notice the temperature or the noise.

With no objections, Greenmoore led Biernat and Frenz downstairs. None of them noticed Wymar had sat down in the corner where he had been standing with a rather unsettling blank expression. At the bottom of the stairs was a thick door, bolted shut. Try as they might, neither Desmond nor Frenz could even begin to move the bolts. (7+2) Moving the two of them aside, Biernat reached over and calmly ripped the door off the hinges... only for all three to be immediately repulsed by the smell and sight revealed to them. They had found what could only be called a morgue if one was feeling benevolent at the time. Bodies of all kinds - animal, human, and some completely unrecognizable - lay in various states of decomposition everywhere. Some on tables, most on the floor, limbs scattered everywhere and streaks of dried blood led towards a grate in the floor. (Greenmoore: 2. Biernat: 2+1Iron Hunter. Frenz: 3.)

None of them could bear to enter the room and turned back, Biernat replacing the door as best as he could behind them to keep the smell away as much as he could. The trio headed back to the main floor. What now?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 288