Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199397 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 23 [In which Malleus intimidates the horde]
« Reply #330 on: March 13, 2011, 06:10:50 pm »

Oh c'mon, I want to use my weapon for once.

In this case, your sword will probably work better than light magic anyway. There's too many of them now that blinding would have any use.
Also, lol at Ahra's action. He' gonna throw the fishman...back into the water. They're amphibious you know!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 06:16:05 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 13, 2011, 06:25:54 pm »

Hey, maybe the merman will think "Hey, it's not that bad in here, I think I won't go out and slaghter those guys. Nicely cool and comfortable in here"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 13, 2011, 06:27:42 pm »

Oh c'mon, I want to use my weapon for once.

In this case, your sword will probably work better than light magic anyway. There's too many of them now that blinding would have any use.
Also, lol at Ahra's action. He' gonna throw the fishman...back into the water. They're amphibious you know!

This gives me an idea...

Serious, how much water can a Cryomancer freeze at a single sitting?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 13, 2011, 06:30:14 pm »

Depends on how powerful he is. I, for one, can freeze an entire river by just peeing in it.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 13, 2011, 06:30:49 pm »

Then go pee in the river.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 13, 2011, 06:31:18 pm »

But I'm not in the game.

Then shut up man.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 13, 2011, 08:01:05 pm »

Marcus, despite being wounded, knows that he has to ignore it till the end of the fight. He immediately targets the one that shot him in the leg with that water stream, and lunges in, trying for a stab (pseudo-piercing! Is this even possible? If not, change it to a normal slash.) at the damned thing.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 13, 2011, 09:07:46 pm »

Well, it doesn't look like the Mermen are getting any bonuses to not getting hit by melee weapons, but whatever

Fire the matchlock rifle at Merman 2

New skill, Executioner : +1 to attack rolls

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 13, 2011, 10:00:08 pm »

Yes, technically....I just thought we should look for weaknesses from what weapons we have.

Your flintlock is *almost certainly* piercing type damage, which should wreck them. Unless it's not, then it won't. :)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 13, 2011, 10:21:37 pm »

@Draignean: Depends on how high you roll, of course. ^^ A minor success/5 or 6 wouldn't do much, a 7 would freeze the surface, an 8... might freeze the whole river.

@Dwarmin: I'm torn between a shield just giving a straight bonus to defense, or a chance to block special abilities, like a fireball or something. It's still early so no enemies have anything great yet but in the future that could be useful. As for the holy shield, that sounds kinda like an artifact-type thing. I could hook you up with that as your quest reward for this leg of the journey if you want to pick it that far in advance.

@Talarion: While realistically it should, I'm trying to limit each weapon to one type, so having a wide variety helps everyone. You could easily and successfully make an argument that a sword can do all three since the flat of the blade or the pommel could be used for bashing damage, or a mace could be piercing as well if it had a spiked head, but usually swords are used for slashing so I'm just leaving it at that.

@Everyone: I'm streamlining the way combat rolls are noted, it's a chore to write and I'm sure it's a chore to read. :-X

Spoiler: INITIATIVE (click to show/hide)

MERMAN 3

Seeing Marcus come at him, he spits at the hunter again. (3 vs 5, evasion) The hunter rolls aside of the water stream and continues his charge!

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

You attempt to steal Marcus's thunder by going for the downed merman first. (5+1 vs 4; Massive Success = 2d6x2; 14 damage and kill) It's so focused on the hunter that it never sees you coming, and you finish it with a clean thrust through the heart.

MARCUS RAUST

Since Pierre killed your target, you attempt to end your charge by attacking a close-by merman. (RT: M7. 3+1 vs 5; evasion) But you have too much momentum to stop now, and your swing misses.

MERMAN 8

Merman 8 charges into the fray, attacking the first human he comes across: Malakai. (8-1 vs 6; Minor Failure; evasion) The performer hears him coming and ducks his wild swing.

MERMAN 4

Merman 4 continues to grapple Malleus.

WYMAR SANE

While the merman is busy doing that, you run over to hit him in the back. (3 vs 8; evasion) The merman is apparently skilled in doing this, however, and he again twists Malleus into the way of the blow. The bastard sword slides across his plate mail, luckily inflicting no damage to the templar.

MERMAN 2

Merman 2 kicks at Wymar while he's off-balance. (1 vs 6; evasion) But somehow he slips on the slick stone surface of the bridge and falls down. (Next attack against him gets +1 to hit)

FRIAR GREENMOORE

You launch a fireball at the merman, hoping to disentangle him from Malleus. (7 vs 3; -2 MP, Minor Success, 1d4; 4 damage) The fire strikes the monster squarely in the back, burning a large portion of his scales away and causing him to shriek in pain. (Malleus gets +1 to grapple-break roll)

MERMAN 7

Merman 7 goes after Pierre! (5 vs 2; Minor Success, 1d4; 3 damage) It blindsides him with a left hook to the jaw like the cheap fighter that it is.

MALAKAI RITT

You swing your staff at the frozen merman. (Autohit; Massive Success, Autokill) The weapon strikes it solidly in the chest and the monster shatters like glass. Meanwhile, you summon your falcon. (-3 MP. RT: Merman 6. 5 vs 6-1 [8 vs 5-1]; Massive Success, 2d4x2 damage; 8 damage, M6 is permanently blind) The eagle appears with a loud cry and dives straight at Merman 6, gouging its eyes out with its talons.

NAZARA

You whip your rifle from its place on your back and take careful aim at Merman 2. (2 vs 2 [7 vs 4]; -1 MP, Massive Success, 2d6x2; 16 damage and kill) The merman turns just in time to see you pull the trigger. The bullet strikes it in the chest with enough force that the merman is thrown to the ground.

MALLEUS RAULAT

(7+1 vs 6. 2nd action, attack: 6-1 vs 1; Minor Failure, evasion) The merman had merely caught you off-guard, but now that you've adjusted to the situation, you easily break his hold and fling him away. But before you can follow up, he retreats like a coward.

MERMAN 6

Merman 6 fumbles around blindly, swinging at everything that comes near. (Random Target: Merman 8. 1-2 vs 7; evasion) Merman 8 merely backs away from it with something like a 'what the hell are you doing?' expression on what could be called its face.

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)

Draignean has also earned a skill-up. For clarification, it would've taken a major or massive success to shatter the frozen merman, he just got extremely lucky this turn.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 24 [In which Nazara reveals her boomstick]
« Reply #340 on: March 13, 2011, 10:41:06 pm »

Marcus frowns slightly, before lunging at the downed Merman! (Merman 2)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 13, 2011, 10:56:32 pm »

"And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." Mordekai quoted the bible in a low voice, leveling the old staff at the blind merman. "Too bad only one of you is blind, you'd have been safer in the ditch."

Freeze the Blind merman's blood in his veins. (Merman 6)

Avira (The Hawk.) Is going to strike the merman that attacked Pierre (Merman 7)

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 11:15:51 pm by Draignean »
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 13, 2011, 11:16:15 pm »

New skill. (Yeah, I know I'm probably not going to get it.)

Stunning Wit: Anytime I make a spectacularly witty comment (Like the above  ;D ) I get +2 to the relevant roll.
---

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 13, 2011, 11:42:14 pm »

Throw my hat into the air, stab Merman 4, then catch my hat on my head. Like the badass that I am.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 14, 2011, 12:03:23 am »

"A fine blow, Nazara! Bring the thunder upon them!!"

Friar Greenmoore will blast Merman 2 with cleansing fire-if it is already dead, I'll blast Merman 6.

OOC: Hmm, I'll save the shield idea then. I was hoping to make it a skill though. I'll have...

New Skill, Divine Wrath: +1 damage when using fire magic

Friar Greenmoore feels a change coming...as the darkness pools thicker, his emotions grow more heated, and his fire powers grow more dangerous.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:38:00 am by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 288