Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199315 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 129 (A giant joins; transitional turn)
« Reply #3270 on: October 08, 2011, 10:58:56 am »

RP Bump!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friar Greenmoore was impressed-here was man whose stature would provide a challenge to the strongest of the counts minions.

He walked beside the man, and spoke.

"Biernat Hara, is it? What lands do you hail from? An educated guess from me would have you from the lands of the Kiev or the Kingdom of Poland."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: October 08, 2011, 11:01:16 am »

As I suspected, I am going to be busy today, but I will definitely have a turn for this up tomorrow even if it means autoing/cutting Darvi out of a quest reward, same with ASL.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: October 08, 2011, 01:53:52 pm »

Biernat looked down to the holy man as he spok to him

"I am the..uh Son of a herder, A simple farmer from Polska...Your Poland. Father. What briings a man of..oh..faith..out to this..darkening?"
Raggle Fraggle

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: October 08, 2011, 04:43:21 pm »

The Friar nodded.

"For me, it is an old score to settle-I have lived all my life in defiance of this evil, and lost much along the way...only now, it seems, do I approach the source...perhaps my kind is dying out, but there was a time when true Men of Faith led the fight against evil. Those times may very well end with me, it seems.

In any case, I have vowed to either succeed, or die trying. Or perhaps both. I have lived long enough, Biernat. Yet, I must still earn my rest. For all those who fell over the years...to spare my life."

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
CvRTD: Turn 130 (Rinaldo and a brief respite)
« Reply #3274 on: October 09, 2011, 05:24:47 pm »

Well, I've given Darvi more than a fair amount of time. :-\ Krath also didn't get a quest reward...

Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra
Take Knight lv2 and an improved warhammer.
Quote from: Wymar Sane / Darvi
Take Fated Oracle.
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath
Take Well-Dressed Mercenary.
Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin
Take Holy Priest lv2 and a food-related artifact.
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl
Take Trophy Raider Level 2 and a damage-raising artifact.
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th
Take Nobleman Level 2 and a defensive artifact.
Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion
Take Defensive Caster and a damage-raising artifact.
Quote from: Biernat Hara / Riccto
Take Hunter Lvl 2, Destructive Hunter Lvl 2, Iron Hunter Lvl1, +10 Hp, New or Improved Weapon, RANDOM ARTIFACT!

The party, now joined by the giant Biernat Hara, walked into the courtyard of the massive castle, with Biernat bending the gate back into place behind them and locking it shut by bending a massive bar through it, explaining that this is to keep the monsters outside from following them in. The seven followed him to a hollow tree, where he drew a few items out. At his invitation, the rest helped themselves to whatever they find inside. Claire was the first one to get to the tree, for obvious reasons, and fished out what appeared to be a monacle. She put it on and found that by concentrating, she could almost see where to strike her fellow party members to damage them the most. (Claire gets Revelation Monocle! She can activate it for 1 MP, thus increasing all her damage rolls by 1 for the round.)

Pleased with her find, she wandered off to go study the surroundings with it while Zathyran approached the tree and stuck his arm in up to the shoulder. After some feeling around, he found something... squishy... and pulled his hand out, feeling disgusted... but whatever it was had stuck to him! With no small amount of revulsion, he watched a small, wormlike creature burrow into his hand and apparently disappear entirely. He prodded at the area and pulled his finger away, shaking it from the sudden electric shock. He had the feeling that, as sick as it was, this parasite could increase the power of his electric attacks... (Zathyran gets Eelworm! Enemies weak against Lightning attacks now take +100% instead of +50% when he uses such attacks.) He wandered away, staring at his hand with a sort of uncertain, unhappy expression.

Greenmoore decided to try his luck next. A quick search in the hollow earned him a small leather pouch of sea salt. He'd heard salt distilled from ocean water was healthier. Maybe now he'd have the chance to find out. (Greenmoore gets Sea Salt! Sea Salt can be applied to food - outside of combat, of course. When salted food is eaten, the effect either increases or decreases by a die rank, depending on what kind of food was salted. Salted meat would become 1d8 healing, for example; salted yogurt would decrease to 1d4.) He tucked the pouch into his robe and stepped aside to allow Frenz a chance. The nobleman shrugged and went ahead, drawing out a somewhat gaudy golden helmet. The inside was lined with tough steel, however, and he felt it could take a few blows. (Frenz gets Golden Helmet! Whenever enemies score a critical on Frenz, they deal 25% less damage; a 9 on damage would be the same as 8, a 10 the same as 9, etc.)

Finally, Malleus approached the tree. He grabbed the only thing left: a tin of polish. With a shrug, he sat and began applying it to his warhammer to test it out... and was pleasantly surprised to find it turned his weapon silver! It was quite a bit heavier now, which was great for damage, but it would also be quite strong against were-creatures... (Freezing Warhammer becomes Cold Silver Warhammer Lv1! It now deals +1 damage; +2 against Were-Creatures.) Biernat, meanwhile, was working on his own inventory. While everyone was looking over their finds, he was busy removing the standard steel head from his chain and replacing it with a giant flanged one, like an oversized mace head. Additionally, he had retrieved the lucky charm his father had given him when he was but a boy; twelve years old, but still larger than his dad. His father had told him that even the strongest man could use a little help now and then and had given him a pair of six-sided dice, a hole through the middle through which a black string was pulled. He was too large to wear it as a necklace, but he looped it about his wrist so the dice lay against the back of his hand. (Biernat gets Lucky Dice! Once per battle, Biernat can stipulate that he wants one re-roll on any roll involving him, whether it's his accuracy roll, any enemy's damage roll on him, an ally's healing roll on him, etc. However, once the re-roll is specified, the result might end up worse than the original...)

Once everyone was done fooling around, Biernat gestured for them to follow him further. The courtyard was woven through with trees, but there was an area cleared out for a graveyard. At the edge of the graveyard was a small log cabin, candlelight visible from its windows. Biernat led them to the door and opened it, leaning over to get through the frame. "Rinaldo," he said, greeting the older man inside. Rinaldo looked up. "I see Biernat is not the only one to make it this far. Welcome," he said, putting away his book. "As you can see, I run a small store here inside the castle. The count prefers his... visitors have a sporting chance," he said. "Is there anything you need?"

After y'all get done shopping and exchanging and what-not, we'll let the party get some sleep to lampshade regaining HP/MP and then we'll get back to questin'. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 130 (Rinaldo and a brief respite)
« Reply #3275 on: October 09, 2011, 06:13:04 pm »

"If he wants an good match, oh will he get it"

sell flintlock for more hammery goodness :P

maybe axe for better armor?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:33:38 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: October 09, 2011, 08:09:42 pm »

Sure, you can trade your axe to up your armor a little. Do you have a preference as to raising movement or defense?

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: October 09, 2011, 08:29:52 pm »

Trade the weapon i got for more armor!

"Aye, the count shall get more then a match, he's gonna get a beating."
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: October 09, 2011, 08:32:13 pm »

Sure, you can trade your axe to up your armor a little. Do you have a preference as to raising movement or defense?
defense, i wwant to hear strikes klink at my armor :3
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: October 09, 2011, 11:23:19 pm »

Pay gold to have my cutlass sharpened.

Also, lol at pirate with a monocle.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: October 09, 2011, 11:34:53 pm »

I thought you might like that. :3

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: October 09, 2011, 11:43:25 pm »

Wait for the others to finish their tom-foolery. I don't have much to buy or sell.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: October 10, 2011, 12:01:01 am »

Friar Greenmoore takes out the Blood Rosary and offers it to the salesman.

"Will you buy this merchant? It's begun to wear on my soul."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: October 10, 2011, 06:26:19 am »

Wait for the others to be ready.
Raggle Fraggle

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: October 10, 2011, 04:21:18 pm »

:<

Press the shiny red button labelled "Kill Everything"
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 288