Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199149 times)

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 125 (Hat-stealing Eagles; the power of Holy Flames)
« Reply #3120 on: September 13, 2011, 03:39:25 am »

"Even if im blind, i shall kill you!" Slashity slash shash malakai.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 125 (Hat-stealing Eagles; the power of Holy Flames)
« Reply #3121 on: September 14, 2011, 05:54:34 am »

Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra: 92 (7)
"hey stupid, remember me?" axe malakai in the torso
Quote from: Wymar Sane / Darvi: 58 (6)
Engage Hero Mode vs. Malakai
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath: 78 (3)
GET. THAT. BIRD.
Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin: 52 (7)
Double Holy Water on the Shadow Demon! If it's dead, try to summon a Fire Eagle to counter Avira/Attack Mala.
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl: 34 (3)
Slash the hell out of Malakai!
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th: 21 (6)
"Even if im blind, i shall kill you!" Slashity slash shash malakai.
Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion: 57 (5)
Dualcast lightning on Avira; if Avira and the demon are both dead, triple lightning Malakai. If Avira is dead, but not the demon, double lightning the demon.

Quote from: Malakai Ritt / SeriousConcentrate: 41
Earth -> Pierre
Quote from: Avira / SeriousConcentrate: 97
Dive -> Greenmoore
Quote from: Shadow Beast / SeriousConcentrate: 56
Rip to shreds -> Zathyran

Avira dived, heading straight for Friar Greenmoore! (4+3 vs 7 (2+3 vs 6)) But the priest got his shield up in time, and he managed to force the eagle away without inflicting any damage. (2, Malleus does hit Malakai. 4+2 vs 4+2-4; 4+2 Minor Success, 1d4; 3 damage) Malleus advanced on Malakai, swinging his axe with intent to bisect him horizontally, but the magician dodged back in time so that the blades barely cut him. While that was going on, Pierre was heading straight for Avira! (1+2 vs 3+3) But the eagle, almost tauntingly, flew up just out of reach of his rapier, his hat in its beak. Was it grinning?

Wymar concentrated for a moment, then clenched his hands... (-4 MP. 1, so targets Malakai. 7+2 vs 5+2-4; 6+2 Massive Success, 2d6x2+25%; 10 damage. 3+2 vs 6+2-4; 8+2 Critical Success, 2d6x2+75%; 28 damage. 38 total.) An explosion of white fire appeared under Malakai, launching him into the air before another, similar one appeared above him and drove him back into the ground! Meanwhile, Zathyran had been watching Pierre chase Avira in a desperate attempt to get his hat back and he took pity on the Frenchman. (-4 MP. 7+2 vs 1+3; 8+2 Critical Success, 2d6x2+75% + 1d6x2+75%; 32+14=46 damage. 4+2 vs 3+3 (1+2 vs 1+3). -1 HP for poison) With a quick bolt of lightning, he incinerated the bird entirely. Luckily for Pierre, it squawked in pain and surprise as it was shocked, and the hat dropped unharmed back to his hands. Dear hat! He would never part with it again so long as he lived!

But Zathyran really shouldn't have taken his eyes off of the battle... (2+1 vs 1; 7+2 Critical Success, 2d4x2+25%; 16/2=8 damage) With a heavy crashing noise, the shadow beast smashed him into the ground, then lifted a foot and stomped on him. It was about to begin grinding him under its hoof (-2 MP. 6 vs 2+3; Minor Success, 1d6+1d6; 8 damage. 8 vs 3+3; Major Success, 2d4+1d4; 9 damage. 17 total) when a bottle of holy water shattered against its face! It roared in pain and lifted its foot off of Zathyran, giving him a chance to breathe. Before it could stomp him once more as it clearly planned on doing, Greenmoore struck it with a second vial, forcing it to stumble away and almost fall!

Malakai growled, punched the ground, and focused on the silly Frenchman. He had never liked him or the pirate, not since that incident in the inn! (7+2 vs 1+4; 8+2 Critical Success, 2d4x2+50%; 15 damage; 4, elemental infliction: Pierre's movement rolls are reduced to -1 for two turns! 8+2 vs 7+4.) He opened his hand, creating a hole in the ground around Pierre's left leg. Caught off-guard, the mercenary fell into it, and Malakai closed his hand, crushing it! Pierre was able to drag himself out of the ground but for the moment he was reduced to hobbling around in great pain. Claire wasn't going to let that slide! (4, shadow demon interferes) She attempted to rush Malakai, but by this time the shadow demon had recovered and planted himself in her path, leaning down to roar in her face. (3 vs 5+3)  Slightly cowed by the combination of its sudden appearance, loud roar, and horrible noxious breath, Claire took a few steps back, one arm up to cover her face.

Blinded, Frenz swung out towards where he had last heard Malakai. (1, so hits Malakai. 6 vs 1+2-4; Auto-Massive (6) Success, 2d6x2; 14 damage) The magician was overconfident and didn't think he had to dodge; a bad idea, as Frenz's vision cleared at the last moment and he struck him solidly with the flat of the blade to the chest, bowling him over and rolling him across the ground.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Ah, I think I know what happened to your MP, Darvi. At some point Dwarmin must've used a heart on you and got it to an odd amount. Also, skill-ups: Darvi, Dwarmin, Talarion.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 06:11:16 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 126 (Fried Eagles)
« Reply #3122 on: September 14, 2011, 05:56:41 am »

a) you didn't upgrade my high-damage casting, and
b) for two skill points, 20% damage absorb seem to be balanced. I dunno. I don't have the Max HP to use them all anyway xD

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: September 14, 2011, 05:57:54 am »

Also, SHIELD WON'T FUCKING SAVE ME.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: September 14, 2011, 06:02:43 am »

Wait, what? I don't think we ever agreed on what the upgrade to HPC should be. :\ I was going to stick to the old standby of getting rid of the negative (enemy gets +1) and I don't remember what you were talking about.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: September 14, 2011, 06:04:20 am »

This:
getting rid of the negative (enemy gets +1)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: September 14, 2011, 06:05:32 am »

Also: I think the progression was 10%->25% percent. Dunno if that can apply here though.

And who wants to kill the avira? Everybody else gangs up on Mal.

And what is Pierre?

And why did I lose that one HP?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 06:07:07 am by Darvi »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: September 14, 2011, 06:09:33 am »

1. Yeah, it'll work. So some sort of damage absorption, then? Are you sitting on a skill-up or do you just have the one from last turn?
2. Avira's dead. >.>
3. Pierre's the lovable French mercenary who I consider to be the team's mascot and therefore lampshade most of his failures. :3 More seriously I was playing AC:Brotherhood online and writing the post between rounds and I might've forgot to fill in the relevant status. >.> I'll fix that in a moment.
4. ...See above, and i meant to put that in Zathyran's turn. :P

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: September 14, 2011, 06:10:32 am »

1.I got this onje plus the two from last time.
2.I meant the Demon. Dunno why i wrote that.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: September 14, 2011, 06:12:06 am »

OK, so a new skill and upgrade the previous one to use up all three?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: September 14, 2011, 06:12:48 am »

Aye.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: September 14, 2011, 06:15:22 am »

There we go, less glass for the cannon. :3 (That is what you wanted, right? If not lemme know)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: September 14, 2011, 06:16:43 am »

I was thinking more along the lines of "I get healed for 25% of all damage I cause"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: September 14, 2011, 06:21:47 am »

Ah, like Claire's blade then? Hmm... thinking about it... I'm not sure if I should keep that as like an item-exclusive ability or not. I think I would allow it but dumb it down a little bit, like Pierre's ability to combo, but by the same token I could make it mimic Claire's sword more. So... 25% chance to heal 50% of all damage you cause? (I think it's balanced since Claire ALWAYS gets the regen on Major or better, whereas this is a 25% chance of it happening on Major or better.)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: September 14, 2011, 06:22:35 am »

Crap, you saw right through me.

But yeah, I'll take it.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 288