Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199050 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 122 (Two sides of the coin)
« Reply #3045 on: August 27, 2011, 09:53:45 pm »

I'll go with that. Lv 1 criticals. Also, I forgot that Supercharge was once per battle, thanks for reminding me <.<
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: August 28, 2011, 05:04:26 am »

a) I think a couple holyshitfire boltes would be more effective than the additional damage on single hit with your whip and
b) does it even work tat way?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: August 28, 2011, 05:08:53 am »

Look over to Wymar and think........ "Wymar, light my whip with your holy fire!" once he does that, strangle the lighting one!
are you mimicing me  :P
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: August 28, 2011, 05:12:41 am »

Because undead horrors obviously need to breathe.

:P

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: August 28, 2011, 05:14:51 am »

see it this way, if he need to its an bonus, but  im pressing an golden cross against an unholy beings throat :P
Quite fucked indeed.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: August 28, 2011, 02:11:28 pm »

Well what im thinking of, if i sqeeze hard enough, OFF WITH HIS HEAD happens.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 123 (Two sides of the coin)
« Reply #3051 on: September 01, 2011, 08:23:35 pm »

I really need to organize my days better. :\ Anyway, I owe you guys a turn, so I'm going to assume Darvi is just dualcasting and Grimmjow is attacking without the boost since Darvi said 'nah' to the idea.

Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra: 64 (1)
strangle him (Earth) with the cross
Quote from: Wymar Sane / Darvi: 43 (3)
Shit, lets be weird. All aboard the pain train! (Randomly targeting... Light and Lightning)
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath: 39 (2)
Stab Earth gatekeeper while nodding. "Yep, pretty awesome, indeed."
Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin: 24 (4)
Fire shields on me, Zathyran and Wymar!
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl: 57 (3)
Ice pistol on least weakened Gatekeeper, ice cutlass on most weakened Gatekeeper! Also respond to earth troll with "Yep, pretty awesome."
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th: 49 (1)
Look over to Wymar and think........ "Wymar, light my whip with your holy fire!" once he does that, strangle the lighting one!
Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion: 86 (2)
Lightning Electric Malakai as much as I can.

Quote from: Malakai, Light / SeriousConcentrate: 96
Magic -> Malleus, Zathyran
Quote from: Malakai, Lightning / SeriousConcentrate: 96
Magic -> Malleus, Claire
Quote from: Malakai, Wind / SeriousConcentrate: 96+25
Magic -> Frenz, Pierre
Quote from: Malakai, Earth / SeriousConcentrate: 96-100
Magic -> Greenmoore, Wymar

The Light, Electric, and Wind Gatekeepers acted in concert, each aiming a palm at a different party member and unleashing their respective elements. (Malleus: 6+2 vs 4+4 (6+2 vs 6+4). 7+1 vs 3+4; Massive Success, Wax Doll. Zathyran: 3+2 vs 3; Minor Success, 1d4; 3-2=1 damage. 4, damage absorbed by amulet. Claire: 5+1 vs 2+2; Massive Success, 2d4x2; 12-2=10 damage. Frenz: 6+2-1 vs 1+4; Major Success, 2d4; 7-2=5 damage. Pierre: 8+2 vs 3+4; Massive Success, 2d4x2; 10 damage.) The beams of light shot towards Malleus and Zathyran, but the paladin easily dodged to the side. The hunter held up his amulet, attracting the magic into it, and the spell did him no harm. But while Malleus was dodging the light, he was struck by lightning! It ran across his armor in bright arcs but seemed to do no damage to the man inside at all, although Claire wasn't quite so lucky asshe convulsed in pain from the sudden shock. Meanwhile, both Frenz and Pierre were struck by powerful winds; the nobleman kept his feet despite the the debris picked up by the miniature tornado slamming against him, but Pierre lost his hat! He jumped to retrieve it, and although he did so, he was clobbered by a heavy branch that had been picked up by the spell.

Zathyran, having blocked the light, responded with a spell of his own towards the yellow Gatekeeper. (-6 MP. 2+2 vs 5+1. 1+2 vs 6+1. 6+2 vs 5+1; 8+2 Critical Success, 2d6x2+60% + 1d6x2+60%; 19+19=38 damage. -1 HP for poison) The electricity arced wildly; he was trying to put too much power into it, and the spell almost failed entirely... but then it found the Gatekeeper and struck him a fierce blow! While he was electrocuting him, Malleus moved to the Earth Gatekeeper, cross in hand... (-2 MP. 6+2 vs 1; Minor Success, autosoak. 6+2 vs 7; Major Success, 2d4; 7 damage.) Punching him in the face to distract him, Malleus moved behind him and laid the long portion of the cross along his throat and pulled, attempting to strangle him! While he was holding him, Claire took aim... (-2 MP. 8 vs 2; 6-1 Minor Success, 1d4; 4 damage. 2, no elemental infliction.) The bullet caught him in the chest, but she wasn't even paying attention as she headed straight for the Wind Gatekeeper! (-1 MP. 5 vs 4; 5+3-1 Major Success, 2d4; 4 damage, Claire regens 2 HP. 4, Wind Gatekeeper frozen for two rounds!) Although she had managed to land a pretty good shot on the Earth Gatekeeper, that had been mostly instinct and she was still reeling from being shocked. Her slash on the Gatekeeper in green was hardly damaging, but the magic of her necklace more than made up the difference as it froze him solid!

Frenz lashed his whip at the yellow Gatekeeper. (5+2 vs 3+1; 5+4 Critical Success, 2d4x2+25%; 15 damage.) The heavy chain caught him around the neck and Frenz drug him from his feet, pulling him across the ground rather unceremoniously. Wymar shot a beam of burning light at him and the Light Gatekeeper. (Light: 7+2 vs 5-2; 6+2 Massive Success, 2d4x2+25%-50% Elemental Strength; 10 damage. Lightning: 8+2 vs 7+1; 6+2 Massive Success, 2d4x2+25%; 10 damage.) Although the spell was powerful, the white Gatekeeper mostly shrugged it off due to his elemental affinity, but the Lightning Gatekeeper was nearing his limit!

Pierre also decided to take advantage of Malleus's opening and moved to stab the Earth Gatekeeper. (7+2 vs 1; 7+2 Critical Success, 2d4x2+25%; 20 damage. 2, no elemental infliction. 4, Pierre combos! 4+2 Minor Success, 1d4; 3 damage.) He slashed his and Claire's initials in a heart with an arrow through it into the Earth Gatekeeper's chest, just to troll him back, then bashed him in the nose with the hilt of his rapier for good measure. Throughout all of this, Greenmoore had been preparing a defensive spell, and he cast it. (6+2) At his command, three more shields sprang to life around the party's mages, protecting them from incoming blows!

The Earth Gatekeeper reached over his shoulders, grabbed Malleus, and twisted as he bent forward, flinging the knight to the ground in front of him and freeing himself from the stranglehold. As he straightened up, he raised both of his hands into the air, and two stone spikes shot out... aimed at Wymar and Greenmoore! (Greenmoore: 5 vs 4+1-1; Major Success, 2d4; 6/2=3 damage. Wymar: 1 vs 8.) The gypsy, with his usual foresight, ducked to the side, completely avoiding the spike, but Greenmoore wasn't quite as fast! ...But the shield he had created showed its worth, destroying the sharp point of the spike and halting much of its momentum so it was more like a strong punch to the gut rather than a vicious impalement.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Also, Zathyran got his 7 in a row. Blame Dwarmin for that (eights counting across turns, I mean). :P
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:25:58 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 123 (Frozen Gatekeepers, Unassailable Fortune Tellers)
« Reply #3052 on: September 01, 2011, 08:27:38 pm »

DAMMIT MALKAI, DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WE PAY YOU TO KILL THESE FOOLS?! LOTS! :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: September 01, 2011, 08:33:05 pm »

"Keep fighting! The enemy falters!" Friar Greenmoore roared. He hoped the Count was listening...

He took a quick check of the battlefield. His defensive shields swirled protectively around his friends...by Wymar was badly injured. The Holy Word could save his life...if he got to him in time.

Holy Power Heal on Wymar!

If he's dead by then, Try to cast fire shields on myself, Pierre-and Zathyran if he has no shield at that time
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: September 01, 2011, 09:08:54 pm »

Pierre turns his attention to the wind Malakai, and aims to impale him directly through the noggin! Earth Malakai has been suitably humiliated for now.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: September 01, 2011, 09:18:16 pm »

Slash the most wounded one!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: September 02, 2011, 03:23:21 am »

Looking towards the Malakai in green, Zathyran's eyes hardened as he drew Marcus' blade, causing lightning to arc across it with the entire remains of his mana. "Foul Demon, Be cleansed by the might of my mentor!" He charged, preparing a slash at the Wind Malakai.

Enchant Blade with Lightning, Slash Wind Malakai.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: September 02, 2011, 08:08:11 am »

"i know you can take an beating but what about this?" Malleus said as he swung his waraxe towards the earthens head
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 10:17:23 am by Ahra »
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: September 02, 2011, 10:07:22 am »

Just need Frenz and Darvi. I'm actually in a good mood for once today so maybe there'll be another turn without an emo four-day delay. ^^ Also, Tal. D'you want to use your most recent skill-up to boost your criticals skill to Lv2?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: September 02, 2011, 10:11:20 am »

Oh, that was yet another skillup? In that case, yes please.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 288