Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199087 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 113 (In which... yeah, these guys WERE underpowered.)
« Reply #2790 on: July 22, 2011, 07:50:57 pm »

...Yeah, should've saw that one coming. :P In that case World would be quite OP, but it has a one in 40 chance of helping you (1 in 20 to draw, then 1/2 chance of being upright). I imagine the reverse of it would take Wymar to 1 HP and MP instantly, while it being drawn normally would deals something along the lines of rolling a 12 for damage with 3d20... which would probably stack with Wymar's massive crits skill, too.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: July 25, 2011, 02:37:00 pm »

Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra
come on guys lets get going
Quote from: Wymar Sane / Darvi
Hit the Sniper that apparently nobody's attacking.
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath
Dust myself off and gape at Claire's ability to show even Pierre up.
Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin
Use a heart on Zathyran, Daniel and Myself. Scavenge the battlefield for more hearts afterward!
Quote from: Daniel King / Zako
Search for more supplies for my kit.
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl
Loot loot loot loot loot!
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th
(Auto'd) Go with everyone else.
Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion
Follow the group, move forward.
Quote from: Jonas Weaver / SeriousConcentrate
Make sure that sniper is dead.

Wymar and Jonas approached the first sniper's body while Claire started going through the other fallen enemies for lootz. (2) The witches weren't carrying anything but their brooms, boots, hats, and short dresses. Claire was a pirate and proud of it! She had no interest in cosplaying! While she was looking through those, Jonas and Wymar were stomping the hell out of that corpse. (7, 4) If that sniper was still alive, it wasn't now after Wymar managed to somehow dissolve its entire ribcage into powder through its armor with a well-placed stomp. Jonas kicked it in the head for good measure, then walked away from it. Like a vulture, Claire was on it! (4) Nothing useful here, either. The armor - what was left of it - was meant for male torsos and frankly wasn't as good as what she had on. With a disappointed sigh, she walked away.

Daniel was also looting bodies, but for other reasons entirely. (8+2) With his knife, he cut away some of the Malachi's skin and plucked several feathers from one of the snipers. These he ground up with his mortar and pestle and placed in a small pouch inside his medkit. (Medkit is back to full usage. Don't question me about how this combination works. >.>) Pierre dusted his cape off, wondering how Claire had surpassed him in flashiness! It was a mystery to everyone who bothered to think about it, which is to say, only Pierre. Greenmoore crushed three of the demon hearts in his possession, one near himself, one near Daniel, and one near Zathyran. (G: 5. D: 6. Z: 5.) Afterwards, he looked for moar hearts! (3) ...He couldn't do it. Despite being fallen, the snipers were still angels. No go there. The witches, however evil, were still women. He wasn't about to cut them open. As for the Malachi, some quick surgery from Daniel at his request revealed it had no internal organs he could recognize. Maybe it just ran on demonic energy.

Eager to get going, Malleus and Zathyran led the group onward. (MAR: 2) If any monsters were in the area, they weren't showing themselves. The long walk to the castle was wearying; the sun was getting low in the sky. Of the nine of them, Jonas looked the most fatigued; understandable, considering the blow he had taken in battle earlier. At the bottom of a hill, he stopped and sat on a nearby tree stump. "I'm sorry, I can't go any further right now. Go on; I'll catch up with you later," he said, waving them onwards.

*Jonas Weaver has left the party*

The remaining eight climbed a steep hill. At the top was a broad gravel path; at the end, nearly a mile away, was the gates of the dark abode known as Castlevania. There was a bench to the left of the gates, and what appeared to be a man sitting on it, reading. It was hard to make out from this distance. There was no choice but to continue forward... (MAR: 7) ...and as they did, more hands rose from the ground. The zombies were more numerous the closer they got to the castle, it seemed...

(The only enemy to target in this fight is the Zombie Horde.)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Hey, they do state specifically in Order of Ecclesia that Castlevania IS the castle's name. :P Also, Zako. Congrats on 25 and a skill. ^^
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 02:39:28 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: July 25, 2011, 02:40:48 pm »

Continue studying my books

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 114 (In which Jonas is traded for a bunch of zombies.)
« Reply #2793 on: July 25, 2011, 02:44:47 pm »

"It will be llike wading through a flood..." Friar Greenmoore grimaced. He prepared his mace to smite any who would approach., not willing to expend magical energy on these annoyances unless he had to. An enchantment should suffice...

Action:Enchant my mace with fire!

Edit: Also, I beat SC by a half hour with our dueling updates, *twang dah twang da twang da dah duh dah twang*
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 02:47:14 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: July 25, 2011, 02:46:37 pm »

anyone got an magic book?
pray for myself. :P
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: July 25, 2011, 02:58:39 pm »

Pff. Only because I passed out from 1 to 2 o'clock. :P Also a question for you guys. Noah22223 got muted for some reason and I need a guy to temp for him in ASL until he gets back; it'll probably only last a turn or two. Any of you want to take over for him? I'm writing the current turn right now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: July 25, 2011, 04:13:45 pm »

Nothing to see here, just a pirate dismembering zombies.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: July 25, 2011, 04:24:16 pm »

Facepalm. Facepalm hard...and BEAT THE ZOMBIES OUT OF THE WAY WITH MY BARE FISTS.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: July 26, 2011, 01:31:27 am »

New skill: Faster than the eye! (+10 to initiative rolls)

That should give me some help in future battles. That and I had no idea of what to take.

"Clear a way to the castle! Don't let them surround us!"

Smash some zombies in the head while they are still getting out of the ground.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: July 26, 2011, 02:37:38 am »

Zathyran sighed, looking down at his hands. For a moment, they crackled with Lightning, and then, he clenched his fists and cut off the lightning. He reached down to his side, a grim look on his face. "Zombies... There were Zombies when he died. En Memoriam..." He launched himself at the closest zombie, swinging his mentor's sword at the the creature.

Attack Zombies. With Demonic Longsword. For badassery.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: July 27, 2011, 09:05:01 pm »

Bump for Grimmjow6th.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: July 27, 2011, 09:27:23 pm »

He hasn't been on in a few days, might want to auto him.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: July 27, 2011, 09:32:51 pm »

I'm thinking about it. I'll give him a little more time, though. The last auto was because he had been on and posted in the thread but hadn't put an action, so I wasn't counting it against the three strikes limit since it was no big deal (really had nothing to do but follow the group anyway), but this one will so I'm gonna go ahead and wait until tomorrow to do it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: July 30, 2011, 02:08:57 am »

Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra: 38 (2)
pray for myself.
Quote from: Wymar Sane / Darvi: 21 (3)
Continue studying my books
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath: 76 (2)
Facepalm. Facepalm hard...and BEAT THE ZOMBIES OUT OF THE WAY WITH MY BARE FISTS.
Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin: 63 (1)
Enchant my mace with fire!
Quote from: Daniel King / Zako: 29+10 (4)
Smash some zombies in the head while they are still getting out of the ground.
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl: 42 (7)
Nothing to see here, just a pirate dismembering zombies.
Quote from: Frenz Grende / {Grimmjow6th} SeriousConcentrate: 23 (2)
If a zombie comes along, you must whip it!
Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion: 44 (7)
Attack Zombies. With Demonic Longsword. For badassery.

Quote from: Zombie Horde / SeriousConcentrate: 15
GRABBIN' PEELZ (attack Daniel x2, Zathyran, Claire, Pierre)

Pierre reacts first with a 2x Facepalm Combo, almost knocking his hat off! That realization brings him back to his senses and raises his fighting spirit, and he charges at the zombies BARE HANDED. (2 vs 5-2) He pummels one mercilessly but only feels slightly disgusted for his efforts, since each punch just goes through the paper sack-like skin of the zombie and gets rot and mold on his hands. In the background, Greenmoore draws his mace and places a fire enchantment upon it! (5+2; mace deals Fire damage for 1d4 (3) rounds.) The head of the mace shines with a bright flame, and embers fall in its wake as he gives it a test swing.

Zathyran draws his longsword and dashes into the fray! (8+2 vs 4-2; Major Success, 2d6 damage; 7 damage) He cleaves one in half across the waist, and the flying torso strikes another zombie! The other zombie isn't hurt, but it certainly is off-balance. Claire, too, has drawn her blade and moved to attack. (6 vs 8-2 {6 vs 3-2}; Minor Success, 1d6; 5 damage) She decapitates one with ease; it's just a slow, shambling zombie. No, what the party should be worried about is HOW MANY of them there are... and speaking of that, Daniel decides to do something about it with his warhammer. (7+2 vs 3-2; Minor Success, 1d4 damage; 3 damage) He splatters one's head as it emerges from the ground like an overripe melon.

Malleus, meanwhile, kneels and presses his hands together, head bowed. Mentally, he recites the vow he had taken when he had entered the church's service. As he does so, he feels a tiny bit of his magic power evaporate, but it is quickly replaced by renewed vigor! (-1 MP. 8, Malleus gains +1 to Attack, Damage, and Defense for 1d8 (5) rounds! Massive Success, so Holy damage is added for 1d4 (3) rounds!) It almost seems like a single ray of light from the setting sun has pierced the clouds and is shining on the knight's axe... While he's doing that, Frenz covers the party, spinning the whip around in a wide arc! (8+2 vs 8-2; 7+4 Critical Success, 2d4x2+75%; 25 damage) The heavy end of the whip smashes ribcages and skulls alike! Although it quickly loses momentum, Frenz manages to kill several zombies during his attack.

Wymar sits at Frenz's feet, using the whip for cover, and reads his books. (7, another 7 or an 8 will finish the research) He learns quite a bit! But is this really the time? o.O The zombies now had the party completely surrounded! (D: 1+3 vs 3+2. 8+3 vs 4+2; 4+2 Minor Success, 1d6; 3 damage.) One shambles up to the doctor as he played whack-a-mole and blindsides him with a rotting elbow to the jaw! (5+3 vs 5; 7+2 Critical Success, 2d6x2+25%; 18 damage) One zombie bites into Zathyran's shoulder and wraps its decaying arms around his torso, pinning his arms to his body! Other zombies also head towards the magician, one biting his ankles... (4+3 vs 1+2; 6+2 Massive Success, 2d6x2; 20-2=18 damage) Claire is clubbed from behind and staggers forward into another zombie, which bites a chunk out of her upper arm! Ow.

(3+3 vs 3+4) The zombie Pierre is punching tries to get revenge, but he quickly gets his shield up and pushes it away.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 02:10:45 am by SeriousConcentrate »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 115 (In which Zathyran needs food badly)
« Reply #2804 on: July 30, 2011, 02:17:40 am »

Holy crap. Uh, is it possible to affect the horde with debuffs and the like as though they were a single entity?
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 288