Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199252 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 109 (In which there's a lot of hard hits. Seriously.)
« Reply #2655 on: July 06, 2011, 10:10:47 pm »

*fistpump*

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: July 06, 2011, 10:23:07 pm »

You should totally post practice duels between all of us. :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: July 06, 2011, 10:23:25 pm »

Well, I'm the squishy. I'm there to electrocute things while these two *points at Grimmjow8th and Ahra* take all the damage for me. Sound about right? :3
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: July 06, 2011, 10:24:48 pm »

You should totally post practice duels between all of us. :3
All the 28 duels? :O
's all luck based though. Except for Frenz I could probably nuke everybody in one turn with some good rolls.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: July 06, 2011, 10:29:26 pm »

And Malleus. Don't forget the Ubertank.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: July 06, 2011, 11:14:59 pm »

Yeah, practice duels would basically boil down to: "Who got the higher initiative?" in all cases except Malleus vs Frenz. That would actually be a pretty interesting battle; it would go three or four rounds at least and it's tough to call a winner. But to me it's actually more of a question of who would win among Daniel, Frenz, and Malleus. Daniel's the only person who can inflict a crapton of damage without being overly squishy and Malleus and Frenz can survive anyone's opening salvo (Malleus's Wax Doll and Frenz's class evo, respectively) and deal enough damage back to kill before their opponent can. Plus Malleus has the possibility of Freezing on his blunt weapon which is a very nasty combo; if it freezes the enemy is screwed because then the hammer does even moar damage.

Frenz does have a +3 to damage every attack and can push that to +4 with his class evo, basically guaranteeing himself damage if he lands a hit, and with his high defense + artifact that reduces his attacker's accuracy he's pretty hard to actually hit himself. (For other party members, anyway. >:3) He also takes -2 damage.

Daniel can attack three times a round with higher attack power and an extra attack dice when he hits and he does have that +2 to hit... He has decent defense, and he takes -2 damage too.

Pierre's kinda tough but he's not overwhelmingly offensive-based. He's probably the most balanced character offensively and defensively, but that kind of cripples him for practice duels since the other (excluding Claire) outshine him in one area or the other. He can OHKO Claire with a Seduction roll though, and he has a pretty good damage modifier and is the only character with a chance to follow-up on a melee strike.

Malleus has high HP, high Defense, one round of invincibility, and small bonuses to accuracy and damage. Plus his warhammer can freeze. He takes -2 damage too.

Wymar's pretty decent for duels. He can negate all damage to himself for one round, autocrit, and deal ridiculous amounts of damage with his magic, but enemies get +1 to damage rolls when hitting him and he has no defense against accuracy.

Greenmoore never has to worry about running out of MP, although he's kind of frail. He gets an extra dice with his water and +2 damage with his fire, both of which can attack twice. Plus he can heal himself with his class evo. His defense is good for a mage. His artifacts are nice; one guarantees +1 to his damage roll no matter how he's attacking and the other lets him turn his HP into damage, which if used with enough power and luck allow him to oneshot even Malleus. He takes -2 damage too.

Claire can attack with subweapon and melee on the same turn, put ice on both for the cost of 1 MP each, and potentially lower her target's ability dodge her strikes by a heft amount for more MP. She burns through it kind of fast, though. Her defense is nice but no better than Daniels, although she can regen health if she hits hard, which she has a +2 chance of doing (+3, but Booty Hunter knocks it down one against all these male opponents). She... also takes 2 less damage. ??? Popular skill, there...

Zathyran has a good sword, but it's obvious his main talent is his magic. He deals 2d6 lightning damage on a minor success if he hits and can attack three times in a round with it, plus he can supercharge his magic to make it a little more powerful. His only real defense, though, is a 25% chance to negate enemy magic. Nevertheless he has a good amount of HP and MP so he can hang for a few rounds.

What does this analysis all mean? :P Nothing. Or maybe later on there'll be some sort of tournament to see who the hell gets the best weapon, armor, subweapon, etc. in the game. >:3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: July 06, 2011, 11:19:53 pm »

Don't forget my +2 to dodge... >.> I need to get less squishy.

What more do you need?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: July 06, 2011, 11:21:14 pm »

I have +2 to dodge too.

Aderp SC :V

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: July 06, 2011, 11:25:11 pm »

+2 dodge only counts when they're doing something special. :3 I doubt Malleus is going to be trying to wrestle you when he could just be swinging an axe at your face.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: July 06, 2011, 11:26:56 pm »

Whaaaat?

That's totally not what I bargained for.

SCAM!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: July 06, 2011, 11:28:08 pm »

Where have you been the last 100 turns? ??? Defense has always been for direct damage attacks. Movement's been made more valuable by the recent combat additions which some enemies are going to start trying now.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: July 06, 2011, 11:29:01 pm »

I assumed dodging would count for all attacks. Because it's not like you couldn't dodge an axe or something.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: July 06, 2011, 11:29:24 pm »

I need to get more defense then...

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: July 06, 2011, 11:32:13 pm »

Negative anything to damage is weighted more valuable as the players, simple reason-you get +2 to dodge, and you dodge say 25% more hits after, right. It's like nothing happened!

It's much less flashy to dodge an attack entirely, and your more likely to attribute it to luck.

Now, something hits you. Thank God I took that -2 to damage!

It's much more easy to see the effects of that, even if you could have dodged the attack entirely with the other skill. :3

Perhaps the symbol *Dodge!* should be shown when your extra evasion saves you from getting hit? :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: July 06, 2011, 11:33:16 pm »

Or you can just check if you beat the attack roll by 2 or less.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 288