Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199279 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 107 (In which there's a pose-off, and STOP! HAMMERTIME.)
« Reply #2595 on: July 04, 2011, 05:55:06 pm »

Personally I'd prefer to stick that on an artifact. >.> However, if I had to think about it, I could probably give you a skill that consumes MP to allow you to reflect a certain amount of damage, and let you find an artifact later that could power it up. Hmm.

Being that it's only level 1 it probably wouldn't be that great to start with, say 5 MP to reflect 25% damage (you'd still take 100% of the damage, but automatically deal 25% back, that is. I suppose I could also allow the leech HP chance of your cutlass to apply, since the amount you could get at max would probably be small. I mean even if an enemy hit you for 20 HP the most you could get back would be 5). Level 2 would either lower the MP cost or raise the damage reflect depending on which you wanted, and artifacts could do one or the other.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: July 04, 2011, 06:22:07 pm »

Bah. :-\

Any suggestions for nonstandard skills from you then, SC?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: July 04, 2011, 06:44:14 pm »

Uh... I 'unno? I'm a fairly linear thinker. :-\ If you can't come up with anything remember that you can always spend a skill on 5 HP or MP, or you could raise your pistol's accuracy, or something like that. Um... small chance or MP cost to shatter an enemy's weapon or armor to weaken them if applicable, chance to attack another enemy if your swing kills the target like Great Cleave or something, an Ambidextry-type skill so if you get hit with a Called Shot to the arm you can just switch hands to ignore a penalty, small chance or MP cost to deflect physical projectiles like arrows, small chance or MP cost that if you get hit you will automatically block to prevent being damaged by further attacks, raise critical damage like Darvi... That's all I got. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: July 04, 2011, 06:45:19 pm »

Money=Power. You get a bonus to damage depending on how many gold bags you possess.
1 for +1, 4 for +2, 9 for +3, and if you have 16 you are a greedy bastard :V

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: July 04, 2011, 06:47:56 pm »

I kind of like that. ^^ I might work on it a bit... Assuming IO wants it, that is.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: July 04, 2011, 06:49:06 pm »

How about a nullify critical ability? Would be useful against Malakai AND Wymar if he carks it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: July 04, 2011, 06:55:33 pm »

If you can't come up with anything remember that you can always spend a skill on 5 HP or MP
Ah. That might make this simpler. And more boring, but I need more of both. :-\

The rest seems somewhat interesting as well, though I'd definitely be leaning towards small chance for each of them. I need my mana.

Money=Power. You get a bonus to damage depending on how many gold bags you possess.
1 for +1, 4 for +2, 9 for +3, and if you have 16 you are a greedy bastard :V
Interesting, but since in theory money also = better equipment, I'm not sure how useful it'd be.

Then again, I have decided movement rolls and damage are my thing, so it might be a way to boost damage more than normal.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: July 04, 2011, 07:10:16 pm »

''Ah, quite a big boy aren't ya?''
Inspire and attack!
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
CvRTD: Turn 109 (In which there's a lot of hard hits. Seriously.)
« Reply #2603 on: July 06, 2011, 04:34:59 pm »

So... made a decision yet, Irony, Grimmjow? Anyway, Turn 108: Suikoden.

Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra: 68 (5)
GET... OUT... OF... MY... WAY... (intimidate? :P) & hit demon in the family jewels or his torso
Quote from: Wymar Sane / Darvi: 45 (7)
Hit Cfoofoo with my instacrit sword slash.
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath: 4 (8)
Exert my French charms towards ye olde witches.
Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin: 53 (8)
Do a double fireball on one or both of the witches who have not been charmed by Pierre
Quote from: Daniel King / Zako: 23 (8)
"Feel the power of the lord, foul creature!!" Triple cross attack on the demon!
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl: 47 (8)
Sharktooth shot one of the witches if Pierre hasn't seduced her yet. Go after same witch with cutlass if she's neither seduced nor frozen. Just whack demon if both are incapacitated.
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th: 41 (5)
Inspire and attack!
Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion: 3 (6)
Zathyran immediately raises his hands. "Tximista lantza, Jainkoaren esku ... Hiru aldiz behera! Greba!" He intones, pointing both of his hands at the demon infront of them, sending three arcs of lightning towards it.
Quote from: Jonas Weaver / SeriousConcentrate: 13 (8)
Revolver -> Malachi

Quote from: Salome 1 / SeriousConcentrate: 52
If any are wounded, heal them. Otherwise, Lightwave -> Malleus
Quote from: Salome 2 / SeriousConcentrate: 51
If any are wounded, heal them. Otherwise, Lightwave -> Greenmoore
Quote from: Malachi / SeriousConcentrate: 93
Nightmare -> Wymar, Weaver, Pierre

Side note: Even though Frenz is going late in the initiative, his Inspire still works for everyone.

The Malachi touched down first, a giant pentagram forming in front of it. (Malachi casts Nightmare! -5 MP. W: 7+3 vs 5; 3+3 Minor Success, 1d6; 5 damage. J: 4+3 vs 5+1; 8+2 Critical Success, 2d6x2+50%; 36 damage. P: 8+3 vs 6+4; 4+2 Major Success, 2d6; 6 damage) Jonas saw it coming! "Get out of the way!" he yelled, shoving Wymar and Pierre out of the path of the incoming hellfire. Despite falling to the ground, they were still scorched, but Jonas took the brunt of it. The explosion threw him to the ground, unconscious. Malleus reacted first, roaring a challenge! (7 vs 8; 3 vs 6, 3 vs Immune to Fear) The witches and the demon stood their ground. Still yelling, the knight charged! (7+2 vs 3; 7+3 Critical Success, 2d4x2+75%; 21 damage) Malleus sunk his axe into the beast's chest, drawing blackened blood, before taking a step back.

Greenmoore reacted next, targeting the Salomes! (-4 MP. 8 vs 1; 4+4 Massive Success, 2d6x2; 14 damage. 8 vs 6; 8+4 Critical Success, 2d6x2+100%; 28 damage) The first fireball knocked one for a loop, but the next severely injured the remaining Salome! Both witches reacted by flying over the demon and unleashing a burst of rainbow-colored magic. (Salome 1: -10 MP. 8, 7, 3. Salome 2: -10 MP. 9, 2, 9. Total: S1 heals 17 HP, S2 heals 9 HP, Malachi heals 12 HP.) Claire loaded her pistol and aimed at (Odd/Even: 3) Salome 1! (-2 MP. 6 vs 1; 6+1 Major Success, 2d6; 7 damage. 4, frozen.) The shot froze her solid in mid-air, and the pirate turned her attention to Malachi. (5 vs 7+1) Its long, clawed arms kept her at bay, though.

Wymar, however, wasn't going to be held back! (7 vs 5+1. +3 Critical Success, 2d4x2+100%; 28 damage) His sword sliced through the monster's flesh cleanly, reopening the wound the witches had healed! Frenz rallied the party and attacked (3) the Malachi as well! (7 vs 2+1; 3+4 Major Success, 2d6; 8 damage) His whip hit the demon... but Malachi had placed a forearm in the whip's path, blocking it from hitting anything vital. Daniel finished rooting through his pack for his cross and held it up to the demon! (-3 MP. 5+2 vs 2+1; 6+1 Major Success, 2d8+1d8; 12 damage. 8+2 vs 7+1; 4+1 Minor Success, 1d8+1d8; 5 damage. 5+2 vs 1+1; 7+1 Massive Success, 2d8x2+1d8x2; 28 damage. 45 total) The image of the cross was burnt into its chest!

Finally, Pierre got back to his feet and dusted off his clothing. (7+2 vs 5) Somehow this completely won over Salome 2. (Salome 2 is Charmed! Salome has these abilities: Regular attack, deals 1d6. Lightwave, light-type, takes 5 MP, deals 1d8 normally. Heal, takes 10 MP, heals 3d20. Charm will last until she's the last enemy, at which point she'll come to her senses. Also... 3.) The witch drifted closer to the Frenchmen, blushing. "Um, here! I want you to have this..." she said, giving him a Minor MP potion and looking away shyly! (Minor MP potion restores 5 MP.) While that was happening, Zathyran focused on the Malachi. (-6 MP. 6+2 vs 4+1; 1+3 Minor Failure. 3+2 vs 1+1; 4+3 Major Success, 2d6+1d6; 17 damage. 6+2 vs 6+1; 4+3 Major Success, 2d6+1d6; 8 damage. 25 total) The lightning zapped the Malachi, but it seemed to mostly shrug it off. Perhaps it was resistant to Lightning? (It is, but Zathyran's so strong with it it doesn't seem to matter. >.>)

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)

On another note, damn is Daniel strong. >.> Finally, 8s. Lovely 8s. Jonas has 1 to distribute after the battle. Dwarmin got four this round, bringing him to 26 total and giving him two ups: 25 and 4 in a row. ^^ That is all.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:39:52 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 108 (In which there's a lot of hard hits. Seriously.)
« Reply #2604 on: July 06, 2011, 04:36:38 pm »

Actually this is turn 109.

You forgot to update the title on the actual turn 108.

Vengeance!!!! Hit the fucking malachi.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: July 06, 2011, 04:37:56 pm »

My god you need to start buffing the enemies a lot more. 2/3s of the main target's HP already gone?!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: July 06, 2011, 04:39:26 pm »

@Darvi: Fark. Correctin'.

@Taricus: Yeah, I know. I thought I was actually being hard on these guys, but then both witches had to have the shittiest heal rolls ever and I forgot the sheer amount of damage Daniel and Zathyran can do. :P I should've used their actual HP amounts (210 for the witches and 450 for the Malachi.)

Edit: On the plus side now I know I don't have to feel bad at all about Malakai.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:41:12 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: July 06, 2011, 04:40:00 pm »

ok you leave no other choice idiots...
hammer malachi, try to shoot the stunned witch
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 109 (In which there's a lot of hard hits. Seriously.)
« Reply #2608 on: July 06, 2011, 04:42:26 pm »

Hehe. Guess what you should do with the next mob :3

I'd say the rabbit of Caerbannog would be merciful compared to that >:3

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 109 (In which there's a lot of hard hits. Seriously.)
« Reply #2609 on: July 06, 2011, 04:53:36 pm »

Double fryer balls on Salome 1
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 288