Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199409 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 106 (In which monsters get pwnt. Hard.)
« Reply #2490 on: June 29, 2011, 09:03:30 am »

I am one lucky son of a Gunn.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: June 29, 2011, 09:07:30 am »

@Both of you: Yes, Darvi is lucky, and yes, this turned out to be a real curb stomp battle. Now I remember why I split the party. >Xp
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: June 29, 2011, 09:12:05 am »

Stop! Hammertime!

Hit Gaibon 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: June 29, 2011, 09:20:57 am »

@Both of you: Yes, Darvi is lucky, and yes, this turned out to be a real curb stomp battle. Now I remember why I split the party. >Xp

The obvious solution is to introduce some tougher enemies that ignore a certain amount of damage every turn, forcing the party to focus on them instead of AOE'ing everything to death.

Or, to do it like WoW, make some enemies enrage at low health, increasing their damage-which means if we attack them all at once, a whole load of enemies gets a massive damage boost.

Oh no, what have I dooooone....
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: June 29, 2011, 09:23:48 am »

Like I said, the zombies and skelerangs were supposed to be weak. The only thing I didn't count on was you guys mowing down the Gaibons as well. >.> Oh well. There's still plenty of other monsters in the Castlevania lists I can pull out, like the Spectral Swords, Slogra, Skeleton Gunmen, etc.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: June 29, 2011, 09:25:37 am »

200 gunmen for the next encounter. Only ten are targetable at a time by the players (The enemy can still fire with all of them though) >:3
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: June 29, 2011, 09:44:01 am »

Like I said, the zombies and skelerangs were supposed to be weak. The only thing I didn't count on was you guys mowing down the Gaibons as well. >.> Oh well. There's still plenty of other monsters in the Castlevania lists I can pull out, like the Spectral Swords, Slogra, Skeleton Gunmen, etc.

Don't forget Medusa heads, that attack and petrify us while we're jumping on spinning gears and tilting platforms.

Really though. I'm sort of afraid to see what SeriousConcentrate is going to do with the Clock Tower. Pay me back for mine sweeper maybe....  :o
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: June 29, 2011, 09:47:25 am »

Pay me back for mine sweeper maybe....  :o
OHHH, MAGIC MINEFIELD!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: June 29, 2011, 09:47:42 am »

Has ANYONE aside from me rolled like that? o_o... I've done it twice I believe. As for my skill...

Shocking Power Lv2 (+2 damage rolls with Occult Book: Lightning)

Zathyran smiled slightly, raising his hands again. "Behin, bitan, greba horiek behera! Ikuskizun munduko, potentzia handi!" firing off twin spears of energy, the blue electricity arcing towards the closest/remaining enemy, before he raised his hands to his hood and pulled it back onto his head, over his eyes. "I met a merchant about a year ago. Jakob, I think his name was. He taught me a lot while I travelled with him. Turns out he was a well-known Hunter too. He taught me the language I speak to use my electricity; it is highly conductive for magic for some reason." Zathyran paused, breathing slightly to calm himself. "I was actually looking for him when I found you all. It's always good to know the people you travel with."

Edit: For anyone interested, yes I did just mention the character I wrote up to be my next character. And yes, I do plan on having all of my characters linked somehow. (My ideas include a younger Brother of Marcus' because his parents actually survived, or maybe Marcus' mentor or even his father. :3
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 10:00:15 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: June 29, 2011, 09:53:16 am »

200 gunmen for the next encounter. Only ten are targetable at a time by the players (The enemy can still fire with all of them though) >:3
I think there are more double casters around than that.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: June 29, 2011, 09:53:57 am »

@Tal: Well, no, but now that you have three attack chances a round you potentially have at least seven rolls to make it happen in. (Initiative, accuracy + damage 1, 2, 3.) If you get attacked that's even moar chances. >.>

And as for the Clock Tower, well, Grant DaNasty. That is all. (Actually I dunno if I want to use that or use the towers of Science, Magic, and Art in Cv64. I think there were three, anyway. ??? Oh well, even if there weren't I'll use them and the Clock Tower.) Anyway, I'm not quite that petty whatever you may think of me. >.> I decided to scale back falling in a pit so if you do, you just lose a large chunk of HP with no defense against it (I'm debating on a roll or a straight 25%) and continue on your way instead of flat-out dying.

@Taricus: Yeah, I'm not doing that. That's 200-400 rolls for the enemies alone and I frankly don't feel like it. >.> It does give me an idea though. :3
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:55:36 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: June 29, 2011, 09:59:12 am »

True. One wonders if I'll be the first to get 7 8s in a single turn? :P... Also, question: what does the number next to the initiative mean? (the single digit next to the double digit)

Oh, I also edited in a note in my turn if anyone is interested in my mad paranoid ravings and character ideas...
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: June 29, 2011, 10:40:10 am »

Originally initiative was on 1d8 but I got tired of re-rolling constantly when numbers matched - which happened a lot, given that if you have four characters and four enemies it's quite likely at least one number will come up twice. I believe in one instance I had to do 5 re-rolls to figure out who went first. So I changed it to 1d100 so I can see who's going when much easier, but I still roll 1d8 afterwards so none of the players lose a chance at an 8. It makes writing the turns faster for me and doesn't change anything for you guys, so win/win.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: June 29, 2011, 12:56:23 pm »

well that was unexpected dont you think that too?
gaibon, hammertime
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: June 29, 2011, 01:12:47 pm »

41 damage! OH YEAH! *pelvic thrust*

That poor gaibon didn't even know what hit it.  :D

Let's play whack-a-skelerang with a warhammer!
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 288