Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199604 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Yeah, we figured.  :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

WOLVERINES

Quote from: Wymar Sane / Darvi: Autolast {5}
Resotre.
Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin: 70 {8}
Holy Water venegeance!
Quote from: Daniel King / Zako: 86 {3}
Don't know what a suit of armour looks like when used as a tent peg? LETS FIND OUT!
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th: 7 {8}
Rush at the armor with everything i have!
Quote from: Heavy Armor / SeriousConcentrate: 76
Throw the doctor! (Can you tell if this is a little too fun?)

(Boss Battle music. :3) The doctor and the demon squared off, the armor's shield raised to defend as Daniel searched for a blind spot to attack from. (7+2 vs 4+3; 5+1 Minor Success, 1d6; 4 damage) Spinning the warhammer around his hand for momentum, the doctor charged in and went low, going for the armor's knee a second time! Now that it was more injured, the armor went to a knee, dropping its sword. (8+1 vs 4) But that same hand immediately shot forward and grabbed him by the front of his scale mail, lifting him into the air. (3+1 vs 7+2) Daniel put his feet on the gauntlet and pushed off, the armor's grip slipping and dropping him.

He rolled away as Greenmoore removed another vial of holy water and sent it flying! (4 vs 8+3) The armor smashed it out of the air with its free hand and started to pull itself to its feet once more, despite losing some stability. Frenz, sensing the armor's weakness, charged it! (6 vs 2+3; 6+2 Massive Success, 2d6x2; 22 damage and overkill) His whip snaked around its shield and bashed completely through the arm holding it, breaking it off and making it drop the item! Unable to protect itself, it couldn't stop the nobleman from striking it twice more - once in the helmet and once in the breastplate, shattering both pieces of armor! As it fell Frenz hit it again in the right thigh, breaking the leg off for good measure.

Meanwhile, Wymar was chilling elsewhere, but came wandering back when he heard the armor shatter.

NIGHTCRAWLERS

Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra: 30 {4}
axe meet face in an attempt to stun/ cut his head open
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath: 64 {8}
IT'S NOW OR NEVER! Expertly throw my vintage ale so it lands in Marcus' mouth! Maybe once he gets drunk he'll come back to his senses.
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl: 58 {4}
Tackle Marcus outright, trying to prevent him from attacking, or at least moving around.
Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion: 93 {1}
No one was dying to... this thing. Once a noble man, a Shield and Sword dedicated to the light. This monster was not the man Zathyran looked up to... And he wasn't going to let even a shadow of his mentor take any life dedicated to destroying the Night! Throw a Lightning bolt at one of the two Zombies attacking Pierre!
Quote from: Marcus Raust / SeriousConcentrate: 9+10
Throw Claire at Malleus.
Quote from: Zombie Duo / SeriousConcentrate: 57
2: Keep chewing on Pierre. 3: Get up, chew on Zathyran.

Electricity continued to crackle in the air around Zaythran as he focused it once more, blasting the zombie (even/odd: 1 so zombie 3) holding Pierre down! (8 vs 8 {5 vs 2}; Minor Success, 1d4+1d4; 5 damage) The zombie was shocked and released Pierre to get back to its feet. This was enough for the Frenchman to power his way out from the other zombie's grasp, and as he did so he threw the bottle at Marcus! (5 vs 2+2-3; Major Success, 2d4; 5 damage. Pierre loses bottle of ale.) Unfortunately Marcus's mouth was still a normal size so it wasn't really possible for Pierre to make the shot, but it did smash him in the face, sending ale and glass shards everywhere!

Meanwhile, the pirate lass went on the attack, attempting to hold Marcus down! (8 vs 4+2-3; Marcus can't make movement rolls unless he breaks free of Claire. Which he might do this turn. o.O) She managed to get behind him and put him in a full nelson while he was distracted wiping the glass and alcohol out of his eyes. The two zombies finished moving to their targets... (Z2: 5 vs 5+3. Z3: 5 vs 3-1; Minor Success, 1d4; 1.) but Pierre easily fended off the one coming after him, and the other tripped and only managed to hurt Zathyran because his forehead caught him directly across the toes, smashing them. Painful, yes, but not really causing any lasting damage.

While Claire was immobilizing Marcus, Malleus took a shot! (4+1 vs 4+2-3; 6+2 Massive Success, 2d4x2; 14 damage) Marcus was wide open and Malleus struck him dead on in the chest with his axe, the blow hard enough that both the hunter and the pirate stumbled back! (2 vs 2+1 Naval Training. Marcus regens 2 HP) She managed to keep both her footing and her submission applied, however.

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)

------------------

So Talarion's 3 for 3 on consecutive turn 8s, netting him two skills: one for the consecutives and one for the third eight total. Dwarmin has his 20th 8 now so I'll go back in a moment and apply the other skill he wanted. @Ahra: You have 20 8s, did I give you the skill for that?

In any case, once the Nightcrawlers are are done with their fight and everyone's at the next intermission area, I'll examine my notes and see how many skill ups everyone should have total, in addition to providing the class evos to pick from. I'd better make a note here that Dwarmin's chosen 2 HP ups and Darvi and Grimmjow6th have taken 1 (although Frenz's was a mission reward choice, I believe).
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Will we be getting the standard quest reward as well? :3
-------------------------------

The Friar let out a sigh of relief at the armor crashed into the ground, sending up a plume of dust to mark it's fall. He was glad to have defeated it without losing another of his allies. Though, he still was feeling a sense of loss. Greenmoore feared that some evil had befallen the other group...but there little he could do about that.

"The bigger they are, and all that." he said, poking through the remains with his mace. "Frenz, perhaps you can wield some of these yourself? I've no need for them."

Derp around until the Nightcrawlers finish their boss
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Mine was a mission reward choice too.

Also, I think as a skill I'll upgrade my criticals again.

Just for more cannon on the glass :V

So uh...

"Thanks for covering me there guys. Eeeeexcept for you Dan. You are a terrible projectile :P"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

@Darvi: OK I'll make sure to remember that when I total skills up. And also upgrading that skill now.
@Dwarmin: Yessir.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

crack his head open

hmm not sure.
-Skills-
Battle-Hardened: Takes 1 less damage from enemy attacks
Axeman: Deals +1 damage rolls with a battleaxe
Prowler: +1 to search rolls
Experienced Warrior: +1 to hit
is this the number of skills i would have in that case
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 02:17:55 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Starter, 3, 6, 15, 20. So you should have 5 at least. Your quest rewards were the wax doll and the cross upgrade... so yeah, 5. ^^ Guess that means you get another one now.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

veteran armor user: armor movement penalty +1?
Quite fucked indeed.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More like -1.

Because adding a penalty is just... ya know.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More like -1.

have you read the movemet penalty at all mr glass cannon

plate armor -1 movemet penalty
my VAU bonus +1 = no actual penalty
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

A +1 to movement skill would have the same effect and wouldn't be dependent on your armor. So, that then?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More like -1.

have you read the movemet penalty at all mr glass cannon

plate armor -1 movemet penalty
my VAU bonus +1 = no actual penalty
Your post implied that you wanted to increase the penalty :V

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Seems I get Flames of Perdition Lv.2? SeriousConcentrate has already given that to me. Before I got my 20th eight! The horror.  :-\

For my mission reward, I'll obviously take an artifact, magical in origin, possibly offensive if I can specify further.
----------------------------------------

"Friends, look what I found!" Friar Greenmoore exclaims. Apparently, within the cracked helmet where the Giant Armors brain would have been located if it had been a living creature, there was a small, unadorned chest. He opened it carefully and reached inside...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile

She managed to get behind him and put him in a full nelson
Wheres piccolo at when ya need him?
Also, ill take the shield to use with my whip, ill also take the sword if needed.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

What? ??? Nah, dude. You got your 20th 8 on initiative so I gave you the skill you requested earlier.

@Ninja Grimmjow6th: NO ONE ESCAPES THE MASTERLOCK!!! Not even Radditz. >.>
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 288