Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199647 times)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 97 (In which the boar shoots the food and Zathyran arrives)
« Reply #2025 on: June 15, 2011, 05:32:36 pm »

Finally, I'm torn between dealing with these dangerous zombies and getting Marcus while his defense is down.

I'm not.

Charge my way through the zombies and stab Marcus! My mighty armor will protect me.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: June 15, 2011, 05:35:19 pm »

Finish armor, with an overpowered holy water pitch into the weak spot!

I get TWO skill ups, right...

Three eights in a row, and twenty eights in total?

1st Skill up, +5 Health (Having taken two health ups with this, I assume that's my max bonus health)

2nd Skill up, if applicable, upgrade to Purifying Flames

Flames of Perdition, +2 to damage rolls when using Holy Book: Fire

Nope, just one. You're at 19. The first 8 you mentioned was the one that put you at 17, the next two got you the consecutive 8s but you're still one away from 20. ^^; Anyway I'll mark the +5 health down. One other thing to clear up, Health and Mana will probably top out at three times your starting amount, so Greenmoore can have a max of 30 HP, I believe.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: June 15, 2011, 05:36:02 pm »

Slash the hell out of Marcus.

Yeah I did, I just forgot to list it.

...which means now that I think about it you have 10 8s. You want the evo now or just get all three at the same time afterwards?
Are you talking about initiative or something else?

If you're talking to me, I'll just get the class evos later.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: June 15, 2011, 05:40:52 pm »

Nope, just one. You're at 19. The first 8 you mentioned was the one that put you at 17, the next two got you the consecutive 8s but you're still one away from 20. ^^; Anyway I'll mark the +5 health down. One other thing to clear up, Health and Mana will probably top out at three times your starting amount, so Greenmoore can have a max of 30 HP, I believe.

Alright.

It's just I got that first eight *after* you posted my totals, so I guess you had already calculated the turn when you were responding to me. So'kay ^^

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: June 15, 2011, 05:44:15 pm »

@Dwarmin: No problem. ^^;

@IronyOwl: I meant Booty Hunter. Your Major Success on damage was 8-1=7, but for some reason I just stumbled right on writing the turn without listing it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: June 15, 2011, 06:31:27 pm »

"That isn't just a creature of the Night is it..." Zathyran looked closer, his eyes widening in disbelief. "Even you, my noble brother...? Foul creatures of the night... Are my enemy. This day, you are my target!!" Seeing the others attack Marcus, Zathyran does the smart thing: Throw a lightning bolt at a zombie.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: June 15, 2011, 07:22:11 pm »

Ah, okay. In that case, the Nightcrawlers don't seem to have secondary initiative rolls.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: June 15, 2011, 07:26:37 pm »

Rolling now... 2, 1, 2, 8. Talarion has one eight. :P

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: June 15, 2011, 09:27:06 pm »

Well, at least it's some damage.

Again! This time on it's head!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: June 16, 2011, 03:50:24 am »

charge marcus, if any zombie comes in my way ... good luck stopping me.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: June 16, 2011, 04:18:19 am »

Be like a shield and protect everyone[except the armor...] from any killing blows!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 04:24:55 am by Grimmjow6th »
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: June 16, 2011, 04:23:43 am »

Eeeexcept for the armor.

Just in case SC does what I would do in this situation.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: June 16, 2011, 04:25:07 am »

There :P
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: June 17, 2011, 10:58:06 pm »

WOLVERINES

Quote from: Wymar Sane / Darvi: 75 {8}
Get the hell out!
Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin: 18 {3}
Finish armor, with an overpowered holy water pitch into the weak spot!
Quote from: Daniel King / Zako: 32 {4}
Again! This time on it's head!
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th: 12 {5}
Be like a shield and protect everyone[except the armor...] from any killing blows!
Quote from: Heavy Armor / SeriousConcentrate: 15
Forget the doctor, throw the gypsy. Over the cliff.

(8. lol) This time, Wymar vanished. There was a Wymar-shaped outline in the world where he had been. Where the hell had he gone? (Wymar has left the battle! You can hang out if you want, Darvi, but you'll be unable to attack / be attacked / interact with the fight at all, and can come back once it's over. Oh, and by the way... if everyone runs, you'll have to fight this guy again only he'll be back to full health/mana, so I don't recommend it. :3) While he was retreating, Daniel kept on the armor with the cross. (-1 MP. 4 vs 4+3) This time, though, it got its shield in the way and prevented him from doing further harm.

Greenmoore continued to lob water like grenades. (-1 MP. 5 vs 4+3) In a spot of luck for the armor, the shield was also in the way of the holy water, and it shattered against it. Daniel got a little wet but it wasn't really a major issue. (Target gone, random target: 4, the boar. 3+1 vs 1) The Heavy Armor shoved Daniel aside and charged the boar, grabbing it by one of the front legs! With a quick yank it unseated Frenz, throwing him to the ground, and lifted the quadruped into the air. (Since this is an NPC -without hands to catch itself - I don't feel the least bit bad about making this an instant death roll. 6+1 vs 2) It spun once and flung the boar, which went flying over the edge of the cliff! So much for that thing. (The boar has collided with an obstacle and died.)

Frenz got back to his feet and raised his hands in defense. (8; +3 defense. Guess I'll be a nice guy and let it carry over to next turn.) His stance was perfect, and he was ready to intercept all attacks aimed towards him and the doctor.

NIGHTCRAWLERS

Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra: 63 {5}
charge marcus, if any zombie comes in my way ... good luck stopping me.
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath: 69 {7}
Charge my way through the zombies and stab Marcus! My mighty armor will protect me.
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl: 12 {5}
Slash the hell out of Marcus.
Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion: 5 {4}
"That isn't just a creature of the Night is it..." Zathyran looked closer, his eyes widening in disbelief. "Even you, my noble brother...? Foul creatures of the night... Are my enemy. This day, you are my target!!" Seeing the others attack Marcus, Zathyran does the smart thing: Throw a lightning bolt at a zombie.
Quote from: Marcus Raust / SeriousConcentrate: 73+10
Chainsaw -> Random Target
Quote from: Zombie Horde / SeriousConcentrate: 11
1 Guard Marcus, 2 & 3 Bite -> Random Targets

(4, Zathyran) From between the zombies came a loud buzzing sound, and Marcus suddenly dashed out from between them carrying a strange weapon! (7 vs 5-1. Major Success, 2d8; 11 damage. 2 uses left before refuel, Marcus regens 4 HP.) He went straight for his former apprentice, slashing him across the torso with this new weapon and drawing a large amount of blood. Before he could inflict lethal damage, though, Pierre ran in to make the save with his blitz rapier! (6+1 vs 7+2-3; 6+1 Major Success (4 so one additional die is added), 2d6+1d6; 14 damage) He pierced the hunter's chest to the hilt and shoved him back away from the new arrival.

Malleus followed the Frenchman's lead, charging Marcus as well. (2+1 vs 8+2-3) But the hunter had recovered, and Malleus's axe only met his chainsaw! After a brief struggle, Marcus shoved him back, and the knight was only barely able to keep on his feet from the man's supernaturally increased strength. Claire attempted to take advantage of the opening Malleus created... (7 vs 4+2-3; 5-1 BH Minor Failure) ...but it was in vain as he brought the weapon around and blocked her slash as well, the spinning steel of the chainsaw almost ripping the cutlass from her hands!

While they were all occupied with Marcus, the zombies were shambling forward. (1; zombie 1 completely fails to defend Marcus. 2, 2; zombies swarm Pierre. 8 vs 1+3; Major Success, 2d4; 7 damage. 8 vs 3+3; Massive Success, 2d4x2; 14 damage. 21 total) One zombie sneaked up behind Pierre and bit him on the nape of the neck; the other bit into his shoulder as he reared back in pain. Before anyone could do anything about it, they had drug him to the ground... but Zathyran intended to save him! (-2 MP. 5 vs 2; Massive Success 2d4x2+1d4x2; 18 damage to Zombie {1}) The lightning bolt went a little wild, however, and struck the fail-zombie. Appropriately enough.

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)

@Darvi: Normally you'd get a class evolution at 25 8s, but since it's been pretty much established now that we're moving those exclusively to after a boss is killed you get a skill-up instead.
@Talarion: Going by consecutive turns that's two 8s in a row, so a skill-up for you.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Dozer! Noooooooo  :'(

Holy Water venegeance!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 288