Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199726 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 93 (In which Pierre strikes back and the Armor is steadfast)
« Reply #1860 on: June 07, 2011, 06:23:20 pm »

Hmm, I see. I thought for sure people would prefer being able to count on levels. ^^; By easier change I meant only less down-time, although on the other hand it really shouldn't take that long to do the other, either. I might go ahead and set you, Talarion, and anyone else entering/below an evo to ten 8s automatically, which would give them three skill-ups and a class evolution. Honestly though you're like one 8 away from an evo right now. o.o ...So would you prefer to stick completely to the old leveling system (which I'm cleaning up in my notes; the next thing to do is look at everyone's skills compared to my notes and leveling list and make absolutely sure they have all their skills) or go ahead and put evos on boss kills only?

Anyway, so the second system then, but about handling combat tactics... My current thought is to treat them as attacks you can choose that will always do a certain thing, but they act separately from normal attack bonuses; Pierre's +1 on his rapier would still apply, but if he had a skill devoted just to normal accuracy it wouldn't help him disarm. The interesting thing there is that with the second proposed system is these could be a big help; you could attempt to shatter armor to lower defense rolls, go for the legs to lower evasion, attack the arms to lower accuracy, disarm the enemy to lessen their damage, bash them in the head to hit their MP, etc. Basically you would just say Claire attempts to sweep Marcus off of his feet for example, and then if you succeeded he would be knocked down and his evasion lowered for the rest of the round, and possibly a hit to initiative next round since he'd have to get back up if you went after him...

(Interesting thing looking through my notes, Ahra's never rolled more than one eight a turn. Huh. I mean he's rolled a pretty good amount, but still...)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: June 07, 2011, 06:53:49 pm »

I'm all for total enemies killed equally level ups.

I'm adding up my stuff now...

Friar Greenmoore
Lv1 boss: Chose artifact
Lv2 boss: Upgrade subweapon
First upgrade: +1 to fire damage rolls
Second Upgrade: +5 Health
Third upgrade: improved Aegis
Evo: practical priest
Cheat upgrade: Aegis, -2 damage taken, -1 hit

That should be about right. I mean, bleh. I don't think I've ever gotten a string of eights, have I?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: June 07, 2011, 07:01:08 pm »

17, 2 of which were in one turn... so according to my notes then yeah, you're exactly correct with four total skill-ups. (3, 6, 15, and 2 in a row) So you'll be getting one in three more 8s on the current system.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: June 07, 2011, 09:07:10 pm »

...So would you prefer to stick completely to the old leveling system (which I'm cleaning up in my notes; the next thing to do is look at everyone's skills compared to my notes and leveling list and make absolutely sure they have all their skills) or go ahead and put evos on boss kills only?
I think I would prefer bosskill evos.

My current thought is to treat them as attacks you can choose that will always do a certain thing, but they act separately from normal attack bonuses; Pierre's +1 on his rapier would still apply, but if he had a skill devoted just to normal accuracy it wouldn't help him disarm. The interesting thing there is that with the second proposed system is these could be a big help; you could attempt to shatter armor to lower defense rolls, go for the legs to lower evasion, attack the arms to lower accuracy, disarm the enemy to lessen their damage, bash them in the head to hit their MP, etc. Basically you would just say Claire attempts to sweep Marcus off of his feet for example, and then if you succeeded he would be knocked down and his evasion lowered for the rest of the round, and possibly a hit to initiative next round since he'd have to get back up if you went after him...
Do note two things:

With regards to the new combat system in general, accuracy translates to both hit and damage. You'll likely want to find a way to make damage more appealing.

With regards to special abilities and bonuses, whether they apply to certain things will help determine how powerful/useful they are, as well as in some cases how powerful/useful the actual technique is. I don't have any particular point here, it's just something to keep in mind.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: June 07, 2011, 09:45:16 pm »

True too. I'll have to think about that and see if I can come up with something. In any case I do want to eliminate a phase from the combat turn, so I'll figure something out. Any further comments/questions/suggestions from anyone? I mean if you want something to change now's the time to speak up. ^^;

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: June 07, 2011, 10:10:24 pm »

Flank the armour and strike it with the warhammer!

Would flanking give a bonus to combat if you use the new system? It seems only logical after all.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: June 07, 2011, 10:20:25 pm »

I could add flank attempts to it, yes. ^^

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: June 07, 2011, 10:51:07 pm »

I like bosskill evo's. Also, start people off at roughly the same level. Also, How many 8's did I roll in that one combat turn? I remember rolling like, 3-4 8's in one turn.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: June 07, 2011, 11:59:33 pm »

Which turn do you mean? If you mean during the first boss battle I believe it was 8 on initiative, 8 to hit, 8 to damage, and 8 to defend when the wolf attacked you back.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: June 08, 2011, 12:55:35 am »

I believe it was that fight. I'm not too sure though.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: June 08, 2011, 02:27:46 am »

Don't relent! Take old my old rapier with my other hand and stab it into Marcus!

I'm looking forward to the new battle and leveling systems, if only to see how well they work.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: June 08, 2011, 02:38:00 am »

By the way. I really don't want to mention this, for obvious reasons, but...

Does Marcus still count as male? I only hit him once with the entangling shot, but I don't think it was docked the Booty Hunter penalty.

On related notes:

I'm only showing one bag of gold, when I believe I should have three.

How will the vampiric cutlass work in a one-step combat system?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: June 08, 2011, 03:01:27 am »

1. Yes he is, so I'll take that into account next round. :-\
2. Whoops. ^^; (edits)
3. I'll probably move it to a d4 roll after the fact; 7 or 8 on the damage roll is roughly the same percentage chance. If you have an alternative, let me know. :D

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: June 08, 2011, 03:51:17 am »

insult the armor's sexuality[lolwut?] whilst drawing its attention and hitting it
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: June 08, 2011, 05:41:17 am »

insult the armor's sexuality[lolwut?] whilst drawing its attention and hitting it

Yeah, that's giant swords got to be compensating for something.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 288