Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199781 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 89 (In which the Nightcrawlers activate the trap card)
« Reply #1725 on: June 01, 2011, 03:56:33 pm »

I'd be fine with it, but maybe squishy Draignean should steal him for use as a meat shield.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: June 01, 2011, 04:10:10 pm »

I'd be fine with it, but maybe squishy Draignean should steal him for use as a meat shield.

No, not active enough.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: June 01, 2011, 08:56:12 pm »

Naaaaah, Irony can have him.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: June 01, 2011, 09:04:17 pm »

I like how you guys talk about him as he was just a piece of loot lol

"Another Ahra? Put it back, take more gold."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: June 02, 2011, 03:29:03 pm »

WOLVERINES

Quote from: Wymar Sane / Darvi
Use GM hax powers to find out where the winch is located
Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin
Friar Greenmoore keeps one eye on the sky...
Quote from: Daniel King / Zako
Daniel searches for a way to open that door. He also heals Frenz.
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th
Use all of my powers to guess the correct lever!

(Healing: 4+1 Class+2Kit+2Cooperative skill = 9 HP returned to Frenz) Daniel broke open his kit and used the herbs and materials within to patch up Frenz's wounds. Afterwards, he, Wymar, and the nobleman looked about for the winch that would open the door while Greenmoore kept an apprehensive eye on the gate that led to the goblin village, specifically watching the top of it. (Daniel is being Cooperative, so Frenz and Wymar get +2 to their rolls: 8+2, 8+2. ...Righty-o.) With the good doctor's help they found the winch within seconds despite it being disguised inside a false boulder, and they put their backs into turning it. The gates began to open...

...and revealed a huge suit of armor, a tower shield on its back and a massive greatsword before it, its hands resting on the pommel and the tip buried in the ground. There was a creak of protesting metal as it moved, taking up the sword with one hand and the shield with the other. It stepped forward and swung the blade, shattering the doors and collapsing them into rubble. There was no climbing over the debris without defeating the enemy first...

NIGHTCRAWLERS

Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra
Take the nearest path and and keep an eye out for the mystery attacker.
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath
Take the nearest path and and keep an eye out for the mystery attacker.
Quote from: Malakai Ritt / Draignean
Use shadow magic to blur the party, make whatever is hunting us work for it.
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl
Warily creep along, listening intently for anything. Shut eyes now and then if necessary for focus.
(-2 MP. 8. Uh... I think my dice program is broken, but OK.) Malakai called upon the shadows to cloak their forms, and he and his allies faded out partially from the world. They could still be seen, but were translucent. (Think a 50% chameleon spell in Oblivion. For practical effects, it'll work as a... -3 damage soak for the first... 3 rounds of combat.) They continued forward, as quietly but as quickly as possible while still keeping an eye out for traps. There was another heavy booming step nearby, followed by a quiet sound of steel against stone... then silence.

The party crept along the passages, nothing but silence following them... and the eerie feeling they were being watched. A loud crashing sound suddenly reverberated throughout the caves; with all the echoes, it was impossible to pinpoint the source of the sound. After a minute or two, they continued, turning corners as much as possible, keeping moving to stay ahead of whatever was surely hunting them. Eventually they stopped in a large cavern to look around. Pillars of rock extended from the ground to the ceiling; stalactites hung from the roof and small stalagmites protruded from the floor...

When suddenly, they saw him as they rounded a pillar! The guardian Jonas warned them of, his face recognizable in the light from Claire's lantern. "It feels like a lifetime ago when I last saw you... I see you had no trouble replacing me. I truly am sorry, Malleus, Pierre, Malakai... but today is the day you die." Marcus stood tall, his once noble visage wrecked with a long stitch covering his entire face, running the course of his scar; his long, black hair, now matted with grime and dirt, hung over his face, giving it a slight shadow. He drew his sword and took a heavy running step forward...

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Shit. I knew he'd be coming back, but I had no idea he was the guardian. He's a regenerator now!

Quickly moving to intercept the threat, Claire drew her cutlass and leapt forward.

Malleus likewise charged his former friend, bellowing in rage at what the dark powers had done to him.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I'm glad somebody remembered Rule 5. ^^ Hey, he was killed by a boss, he becomes a boss...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it's ironic that the Wolverines let him die, and the Nightcrawlers have to kill him..again :3

Also, it will be interesting to see whats under the Great Armor...

Obviously, our first goal is to try and draw him out, then encircle, and get an angle on him behind his shield. I wouldn't count on his lack of speed to protect us, since he'll probably shoot lightning bolts from his sword or something lol

Tactical roll (using movement stat) Greenmoore stays out of the monsters range and looks for weak spots in the monsters armor-possibly around the joints.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile

Draw the great suit of armors attention, making it easier for them to get around it, taking swings at it with my whip.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Look for a place the armor cannot reach, like atop a boulder or something. Get there.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

A good idea dwarmin, that shield won't protect all of his sides. The problem is, who is going to be the main target for him? And you haven't updated Frenz' health btw.

Drawing his warhammer and preparing his shield, Daniel flanks the armour on the armour's shield side while keeping a large distance from the thing. Hopefully, it will make it try to cover it's side with the shield, thereby exposing itself to attack from behind!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frenz=Meatshield. Just like Marcus...

A big thing we could try-knocking him over. Damaging his legs, then charging him from behind with the boar, maybe...again, targeted attacks will succeed where brute force will fail.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile

Oh my, it's me. Have fun fighting me, Nightcrawlers. Meheheheh.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile

Ho shi- I also see we're invoking the rule that boss forms of former party members have mysteriously enhanced stats.

Commence epic duel versus Marcus.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 288