Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199872 times)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 83 (In which people love them some giant boars)
« Reply #1545 on: May 18, 2011, 04:46:29 am »

strictly speaking, the Nightcrawlers stood a better chance of getting at least one person out of the fight alive (that would be Malleus, I do NOT like Malakai's chances. I give Claire 50/50 depending on how lucky she is with that cutlass and Pierre 60/40 because of his +3 defense). >.> Don't worry, I'll come up with something tough for the Wolverines too... probably more defense than offense based, though, since two of the party are squishy mages and won't need much attack power to kill off...

In the words of Han Solo: Never tell me the odds.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: May 19, 2011, 08:12:31 am »

So... are you guys all heading into the hole? Ahra didn't really say whether he was going with Krath or somewhere else and IronyOwl only said he'd like to find the boss. (I didn't forget about you Draignean, I'll roll for your action once I'm sure what's going on.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: May 19, 2011, 12:02:44 pm »

What could possibly go from diving into a hole guarded by a Friar?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: May 19, 2011, 12:13:29 pm »

Well, you are about to find out.  :P

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: May 19, 2011, 02:09:31 pm »

i was going after the boss.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: May 20, 2011, 01:31:36 am »

Which hole are we talking about? I thought there were two passages, one to each side, and then the option of following the cavern, with the friar sitting on top of a wall. Is the hole one of the passages or something else?

While I'm at it, is a karma coin targeted or general? Do I say "I karma coin myself" and then find out whether it's healing or damage, or just throw it and it'll either damage enemies or heal friendlies?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: May 20, 2011, 01:49:12 am »

1-4 it targets all allies, 5-8 it targets all enemies. I believe the hole they're talking about is the one in the wall to the party's right, below where Jonas was standing. The corridor is north and the cavern continues northeast. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: May 20, 2011, 01:51:06 am »

So which way did Jonas go, and which did he say he fled from the boss from?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: May 20, 2011, 01:52:56 am »

Jonas was on top of the wall east of you, heading south. He came from the north.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: May 20, 2011, 01:57:33 am »

So he came from the corridor, went through the hole, and made no mention of the cavern?

I guess my vote is for giving Draignean more time to examine the walls.

Search the immediate vicinity for anything of interest.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: May 20, 2011, 03:05:59 am »

search for anything
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: May 20, 2011, 06:43:40 pm »

He said the whole place was like a maze. Anyway, running turn. ^^

WOLVERINES

After some discussion, everyone heads for the trees. They are completely and totally unprepared for the killer eagles to suddenly come screeching out at them! And even worse, these eagles have fleamen riding them. o.O (Enemy amount: 7 fleamen riding eagles)

NIGHTCRAWLERS

Malakai motions for everyone to wait while he walks over to investigate the bit of cavern that's bothering him. (Search roll: 1.) It's even more worrisome when he walks all the way up to it, puts a hand to it, and still finds nothing there. He feels all around that patch of cavern but there is literally nothing there but a stone wall, worn partially smooth by erosion long ago. Meanwhile, Malleus searches around. (1+1, wow, crappy rolls here >.>) He sees only a flash in the darkness far away, like a pair of mirrors reflecting the light of Claire's lantern, before it disappears upwards. (6, finally broke the streak :P) Claire, who fares the best since she's the one with the light source, looks around for anything valuable.

After a few moments of searching, she finds something that Jonas must have dropped: a gold locket. She opens it to find a lock of red hair within. She closes the locket and pockets it. (Claire gets: Gold Locket!) After getting everyone's attention, as was his preference, Pierre led the party to the east, into the hole in the wall. It was a tight fit at first, but after about twenty yards of crawling forward the four of them dropped down into a large cavern, filled to the knee with water. Small trickles of water dropped from the ceiling and splashed loudly in the stillness. All around them, they could feel eyes...

But they had to go onwards. As it stood, they were at the western end of a large cavern. A lake formed the majority of the center, but there were islands of rock that would allow them to cut across the middle if they wished to head east. There were closed floodgates north of them; the area south was too dark to see from here.

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: May 20, 2011, 07:08:59 pm »

Light my lantern and head into the darkness of the south!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: May 20, 2011, 07:13:05 pm »

How high are those eagles? Can I poke them with my 10 foot pole?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: May 20, 2011, 07:30:10 pm »

They're close enough that if you attack you can hit them, but they have pretty good defense 'cause they're small, quick, and flying.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 288