Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199206 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 10 [In which a werewolf is revealed]
« Reply #150 on: March 02, 2011, 02:24:43 am »

Spoiler: INITIATIVE (click to show/hide)

----------------------

ELIZABETH SADDLER

(Perception Roll: 4) Elizabeth realizes something is wrong and looks around. Malleus and Pierre remain hidden, but she sees Wymar and Friar Greenmoore near the inn. She isn't prepared to fight, though, and begins to get out her spellbook.

GREATER WEREWOLF

(Attack Roll: 7. Wymar Defense Roll: 6-1 Armor Penalty. Damage Roll: Minor Failure; Wymar evades) The wolf howls and launches itself at Wymar, but the fortune-teller is quick on his feet and dives to the side. Its claws rake the wooden side of the building, tearing furrows in the wall.

MALLEUS RAULAT

(Attack Roll: 8+1 Ambush. Werewolf Defense Roll: 6. Malleus Damage Roll: Major Success; 2d4 damage dealt. 5 damage to the werewolf) While the werewolf is extracting its claws from the inn, you rush out of the shadows, battle-axe raised. Despite the clanking of your heavy armor, it doesn't notice you until you're already striking, and you sink the axe deep into its shoulder.

PIERRE Dé GRASSI

(Attack Roll: 5+1 Ambush. Werewolf Defense Roll: 2. Pierre Damage Roll: Minor Success; 1d4 damage dealt. 4 damage to the werewolf) While Malleus is backing away to get more room to swing his axe, you dart in and stab the werewolf in the stomach. It's well and truly angry now, but also hurt.

MARCUS RAUST

(Attack Roll: 3. Werewolf Defense Roll: 2. Marcus loses 1 MP. Marcus Damage Roll: Minor Success; 1d4 damage dealt. 3+1 damage dealt) The wereolf is being flanked by Pierre and Malleus, but there's still plenty of room for you to lob a container of holy water. It arcs through the air and crashes into the wall near the werewolf, spraying it with a blast of holy water and glass shards. The water smokes on contact and the werewolf stumbles away from the wall in an attempt to get away from everyone.

NAZARA

(Attack Roll: 8. Elizabeth Defense Roll: 8. Tiebreaker: 6 vs 1. Nazara Damage Roll: Minor Failure, Elizabeth evades) You creep up behind Elizabeth, but a claymore really isn't the best weapon to attempt a back-stab with. She becomes aware of your presence just before you can strike her and dodges away, finally getting her spell-book out of its hidden pocket in her dress.

WYMAR SANE

(Attack Roll: 7. Werewolf Defense Roll: 5. Wymar loses 2 MP. Wymar Damage Roll: Massive Success; 2d4x2 damage dealt. 8 damage dealt) As you come out of your roll, you raise your hand and unleash an arcane blast of light at the werewolf. Like with Marcus's water, its unholy skin burns and smokes where it is touched by the spell, and the town square is briefly illuminated by the flash.

FRIAR GREENMOORE

(Attack Roll: 3. Werewolf Defense Roll: 3. Tiebreaker: 3 vs 2. Greenmoore loses 2 MP. Greenmoore Damage Roll: Minor Success; 1d4 damage dealt. 1 damage dealt) You prepare your spell and fire arrows of cleansing flame at the werewolf, but you haven't had time to fully practice the words found in the Deus Defaeco Tepidus, and as result the flames mostly glance off of the werewolf.

MICHEAL WARD

He stands stock-still, seemingly unaware of the melee that's broken out around him.
--------------------------

Spoiler: HP/MP Counts (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 11 [In which Wymar counters like a boss]
« Reply #151 on: March 02, 2011, 03:18:40 am »

Swing my claymore at Elizabeth

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 02, 2011, 04:15:16 am »

Perform an incredibly fancy flourish before withdrawing a silver throwing knife and jamming it straight into the werewolf's chest.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 02, 2011, 05:13:25 am »

Marcus draws his sword, moving in closer to the Werewolf. For a moment, he goes to strike it, leaving Saddler to the Watch woman, but then he realises that his sword is iron. Well. "I need a silver sword." He pauses for a moment, fishing around for another vial of holy water to throw at the Werewolf.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 02, 2011, 05:52:32 am »

punch it in the face with the cross.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 02, 2011, 10:50:44 am »

Huzzah! \ol (-_-) lo/ Try to hit me, try to hit me, I can dance all night!

Finish him! Then do a victory dance.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 02, 2011, 11:11:26 am »

you mean zap him hes  got 36 more hp.
Quite fucked indeed.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 02, 2011, 11:16:24 am »

Eh, I'm confident in our critluck :3

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 02, 2011, 11:49:33 am »

lets see if i smash him or you turn him to cinders first.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 02, 2011, 07:22:00 pm »

I try to bring a bolt of fire on the werewolf from above!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 03, 2011, 12:58:16 am »

Spoiler: INITIATIVE (click to show/hide)

MARCUS RAUST

(Attack Roll: 8. Werewolf Defense Roll: 4. Marcus loses 1 MP. Marcus Damage Roll: Massive Success; 2d4x2 damage dealt. 8+1 damage dealt) The werewolf turns to you as you close distance. Sure that your iron sword won't deal as much damage as your holy water will, you withdraw another container of the liquid. The werewolf lunges at you, but you've dealt with them before and hold no fear for the beast.

Its jaws are wide open, and you jam the holy water into them, then hit its chin with a knee, slamming it shut and rocking its head back. Blood falls from its lips as the holy water burns the inside of its mouth, causing massive pain.

(Also, you rolled double eights in your initiative... and double eights on your attack... so you get two skill points. :D I have no idea how that happened, but good going.)

PIERRE Dé GRASSI

(Attack Roll: 3. Werewolf Defense Roll: 4. Pierre loses 1 MP; Werewolf evades) More wary of the humans now, the werewolf starts to circle around Marcus. Luckily for it, it sees you as you begin your flourish, and rolls to the side when you throws the dagger. It goes flying off in the darkness somewhere.

ELIZABETH SADDLER

(Attack Roll: 1. Marcus Defense Roll: 3. Elizabeth loses 2 MP. Marcus evades) Elizabeth raises her spellbook and speaks a series of arcane syllables, targeting who she perceives as the greatest threat. Marcus sees the flames running towards him well before they become a massive column reaching to the sky, and he dives away, safe.

MALLEUS RAULAT

(Attack Roll: 6. Werewolf Defense Roll: 7. Malleus loses 1 MP; Werewolf evades) You attack the werewolf as it leaps aside of Pierre's dagger, but it seems that its wounds have caused it to enter a state of heightened awareness. It dives away before your cross comes into contact with it.

NAZARA

(Attack Roll: 6. Elizabeth Defense Roll: 2. Nazara Damage Roll: Massive Success; 2d4x2 damage dealt. 14 damage) Elizabeth shouldn't have taken her eyes off of you. You bring the claymore around in wide arc that hits her between the shoulders and almost carves her in half. Her body is flung to the ground; now you only have to worry about the werewolf.

FRIAR GREENMOORE

(Attack Roll: 2. Werewolf Defense Roll: 1. Greenmoore loses 2 MP. Greenmoore Damage Roll: Massive Success; 2d4x2 damage dealt. 10 damage dealt) You clear your mind and try the words again, bending the remnants of Elizabeth's spell to your will. You pull the fire back down and drop it on the werewolf from above, briefly covering it in fire before the spell fades with her death. Scorched and bleeding heavily, its master dead, the werewolf looks for an escape route.

GREATER WEREWOLF

(Escape attempt: Major Fail) It turns and tries to run, but finds its escape blocked by Wymar, Nazara, and Marcus.

WYMAR SANE

(Attack Roll: 4. Werewolf Defense Roll: 3. Wymar loses 2 MP. Wymar Damage Roll: Massive Success; 2d4x2 damage dealt. 8 damage dealt) Again you speak the words to create sunlight, unleashing it in a wide burst around the square. The werewolf whines like a dog as it shies away from the spell, covering its eyes with a hand. You're sure it's almost finished.

MICHEAL WARD

The watchman recovers and looks around groggily. It takes him a few moments to understand the situation, but when he does, he takes a bell from his belt and begins ringing it to attract the other watchmen to the town square. After a few moments, he puts it away and draws a matchlock pistol from his belt.

(Attack Roll: 2. Werewolf Defense Roll: 1. Ward loses 1 MP. Ward Damage Roll: Minor Success; 1d4 damage dealt. 3 damage dealt) Although still not in his best state, the werewolf is blinded by Wymar's spell and can't evade. Micheal shoots it in the side, attracting its attention.

Spoiler: HP/MP Counts (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 03, 2011, 01:07:41 am »

Nice move Talarion.

Finish him! Then do a victory dance.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 12 [In which Marcus beats down a werewolf]
« Reply #162 on: March 03, 2011, 01:14:51 am »

Oh come on!

Stupid ineffective werewolf not killing anybody....
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 03, 2011, 01:23:35 am »

"Die, you son of a bitch"

Punt that werewolf as far as possible with my Warhammer

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2011, 01:36:11 am »

decapitate
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 288