Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199883 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 80 (In which the Wolverines wander into Goblin-Thermopylae)
« Reply #1425 on: May 13, 2011, 07:08:54 am »

You'd have to get all of them to eat it, which would mean sneaking up to the communal cooking pot, dropping it in, then sneaking off without being spotted. But that's one of the possibilities, yes. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: May 13, 2011, 07:09:42 am »

Set said sandwich on fire, then throw it at them, and watch them all get caught on fire and die crying? That would totally work, if only for the lols factor...
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: May 13, 2011, 07:09:59 am »

Singshot it into the pot :V

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: May 13, 2011, 07:11:38 am »

Slinging it would be even harder. >.> A sandwich is both significantly larger and lighter than a rock, after all.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: May 13, 2011, 08:08:28 am »

Ok everyone, brainstorm. What could we do if we attack the village? More importantly, what do we stand to gain if we suceed? Is it worth the certain death?

A way that I can see is that Greenmore flips the karma coin, gets a large offensive roll, uses his blood artefact with all but 1 of his hp, then casts a giant explosion right in the middle of the village.

3 high rolls, that is a big ask, with a lot to go wrong. I dout we should go this route. It's leaving too much to the whims of the dice. As for what I might be able to do, I have no idea. Taking the sling and evil sandwich off Greenmore and slinging it into the pot with surgical precision? Risky, difficult and if I miss, very very bad. I don't think we should do that either.

I say we go back and try the other path. There is just too much to go wrong with trying to attack or sneak past. There is FAR too many goblins for us to handle. Plus, is it even WORTH attacking or sneaking past?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: May 13, 2011, 08:12:44 am »

I'll take that last part as a question and say that if you clear out the village it'll be worth it. Hopefully. >.> As for Daniel, come on, he's a doctor. Surely he knows enough about herbal properties to come up with some kind of fast-acting poison... Also, karma coin. :3 That is all.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: May 13, 2011, 08:17:52 am »

Yes, I might be able to make a fast acting poison, but how to get it to ALL of them quickly so they don't suspect anything? I would have to sneak up close to the cooking pots, multiple times. And I have to roll to make the poison in the first place.

Hmmm... Can you describe the layout of the terrain for us and where we currently are?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: May 13, 2011, 08:28:36 am »

Sure, I'll do what I can.

Let's assume the area is mostly squarish with little fiddly bits making alcoves and walls throughout the whole thing. Houses and such litter the area as well. At the southern end of this square is a passageway in the shadows of plants and leaves; this is where the four of you are but you're not completely hidden. In the center of the square is the large pot used for cooking; you can see a human arm sticking out of it. At the far end of the square, maybe 1/2 a mile away, is closed wooden gate, with a nearby winch that's most likely used to crank it open.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: May 13, 2011, 08:28:51 am »

We should just avoid the goblins.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: May 13, 2011, 08:32:12 am »

bisection time (the scare the enemy type)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: May 13, 2011, 08:37:51 am »

Well, thats it. We're going back. We will not be able to sneak past with that gate & winch setup blocking the road.

Quietly sneak back the way we came and head down the other path.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: May 13, 2011, 08:41:55 am »

You don't want to try climbing over it in dramatic fashion? ;_; Nah, I'm just playing with you. The original path is a lot safer - relatively speaking, since there will still be goblins along it. You just won't have to fight a gigantic mob all at once.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: May 13, 2011, 09:07:10 am »

I agree. I don't know what kind of "reward" is worth the risk of our whole party dying.

I'm tempted to go ahead and do it anyway, though. Bring a landslide down on them!

@ SeriousConcentrate: How does the Karma coin work, exactly?
Also, how likely is it that a blast of massive explosive force  generated from me could bury the village under an avalanche?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: May 13, 2011, 09:26:11 am »

The karma coin deals damage on 5-8 and heals on 1-4, with 1 being the best healing and 8 being the best damage. If you were to use it I would roll 5 times (one for each 100 goblins) and kill 25 on 5, 50 on 6, 75 on 7, and 100 on 8 for each roll. In terms of actual effect it messes with time; it heals by restoring the body to before it was wounded, and it damages by prematurely causing cell death. The wonders of magic. :3

As for explosive force, if you mean launch fireballs at the enclosing walls, I would roll once and crush the village if you got an unmodified seven or eight. That would destroy everything in the village though, including any possible rewards, but you could at least climb over the rubble and go through the opposite gate. >.>

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: May 13, 2011, 09:35:13 am »

Not to mention that we ourselves may be crushed in the avalanche. Definately not woth it.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 288