Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199819 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 72 (In which there is a BOOM, HEADSHOT moment)
« Reply #1275 on: April 30, 2011, 09:21:07 pm »

Twice in a row? o.O Couple that with your initiative and it looks like Greenmoore's the Mighty Glacier of the team.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 30, 2011, 09:24:46 pm »

Ehh, sure you can do shitloads of damage to multiple targets, but you are as tough as fine china and can only use those devestating attacks a set number of times. Shouldn't making extra attacks occur a higher MP cost? That seems logical to me to offset the killing power.

"It's fine now, friar. Nothing too serious. However, this is clearly a serious decision we are faced with here. We should check to see which path is safer to take before we make any decisions."

Examine the sign closely and then check the ground for signs of previous passage and which way it leads.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 30, 2011, 09:31:39 pm »

Twice in a row? o.O Couple that with your initiative and it looks like Greenmoore's the Mighty Glacier of the team.

Well, it was a *Holy* trinity of a massive success roll, x2 super effective weapon plus a x2 priest bonus.

I agree with Zako though-double fireballs, double mana. Hell, I need something to spend all those hearts on!

IC

"If you say so, Daniel. If you find any marks of recent travel, I suggest we go the opposite direction..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 30, 2011, 10:06:29 pm »

"Why is that? Wouldn't people naturally want to go with the safer path?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 30, 2011, 10:24:34 pm »

You guys have some time to RP it out if you want, I'm giving Darvi a little more time to post. If he doesn't show up though I'll auto him for Turn 73 whenever I feel like running it today or tomorrow, and continue to auto him for turn 74 as well, but the auto for turn 75 will involve chucking Wymar off the cliff. :3 Three turns on auto sounds fair to me anyway.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 30, 2011, 10:45:00 pm »

That or he suffers oops-I-tripped-over-a-cliff syndrome. He will be missed. :P

Also, RP ftw.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 30, 2011, 10:57:24 pm »

"Why is that? Wouldn't people naturally want to go with the safer path?"

"You remember the town? No one lives around here...at least, those who are still sane, and are still human. I fear only creatures of the night travel through these passes anymore."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 30, 2011, 11:06:54 pm »

"True, but surely they would normally want to protect the safer path so to force travelers to take the more dangerous path?"

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 30, 2011, 11:08:36 pm »

''You both make good arguements, but as long as I get a challenge, whatever path we take doesn't matter to me.''
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: April 30, 2011, 11:14:32 pm »

"True, but surely they would normally want to protect the safer path so to force travelers to take the more dangerous path?"

"Or they defend both paths, equally. I've never known these creatures to leave unguarded routes into their dens, nor do they lack in numbers. I do concede, the heavier opposition will be on the easier path-which is why I suggest the steep path.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: May 01, 2011, 12:49:19 am »

"Fair enough. But what is dangerous about a passage through the mountain when compared to a steep cliff face?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: May 01, 2011, 06:22:19 am »

"The passage could collapse over or onto us. Trapped gasses could suffocate us. Or we could get lost-caves are bad places to get lost, you know. Wymar, any thoughts?"

OOC: Let's just let SeriousConcentrate decide which way we're going with opposing rolls. Unless Wymar appears and casts a vote.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: May 01, 2011, 07:53:19 am »

Bored of waiting, running 73 now. :3 Also, by request, level 2 magic now costs 4 MP and other level 2 subweapons cost 2 MP, but you can still use the level 1 variants so you don't have to blow through all your MP just to use your subweapon in Malleus, Pierre, and Frenz's case. Finally, IronyOwl: That would've lowered the spider's defense by 4 for two rounds... assuming it had survived. :3 If you knew that and I misunderstood, sorry in advance. ^^;

WOLVERINES

(Daniel's Roll: 2) Daniel searches the ground, but it's mostly rock; no sign of passage. He has absolutely no clue what the sign is, either, and just gives it an unsure look. After debating for awhile, Daniel and Greenmoore can't decide which way to go, and Frenz elects not to vote, stating only that he would rather take a path that led to creatures of the night. Therefore the vote falls on Wymar, who taps into his powers of foresight by dealing cards. (6+1) After examining them for a few moments, he packs the deck and puts it away. "The way around the cliffs is extremely dangerous. Large eagles nest there and the precarious footing means we'll probably get knocked off. That's what the sign says."

"On the other hand, that sign was made by goblins and it looks like it was cobbled together by at least ten different tribes. They're probably camping in the pass." He thought for a moment. "I think you and I are agile enough to take the path, Friar, but Daniel and Frenz would probably have trouble with it. Which way do you want to go?" he asked.

NIGHTCRAWLERS

(INITIATIVE)

SPIDER 2

Spider 2 continued to attack Claire, being a single-minded sort. (2 vs 8, and I was wrong, this is your third 8. You get that skill now though. :3) But she easily evaded its clumsy blow!

SPIDER 4

It continued charging as it missed Claire and went straight for Malleus! (6 vs 2+4 [7 vs 3+4] {6 vs 1+4}; Major Success, 2d4; Wax Doll) It hit him low in the stomach and knocked him back, but he was uninjured.

CLAIRE ROSARA

You chase after Spider 4 and attack it from behind! (7 vs 8) But the water is quite hard to move through, so you settle for getting closer to it at the moment.

MALAKAI RITT

(-2 MP, 5) Again you create a thin shell of ice around yourself while you order your demon to beat the tar out of Spider 3. (5 vs 3; Massive Success, 2d6x2; 20 damage) Now that it has a definite order, your shadow summon falls upon the spider with furious vengeance and rips the spider to shreds! Internal organs are everywhere and ichor is splattered across your ice shield. o.o

MALLEUS RAULAT

Enraged, you retaliate against Spider 2! (7 vs 4; Massive Success (6+2, so not an 8), 2d4x2; 14 damage) Your strike doesn't quite kill it, but there is a deep wound along its abdomen and an internal organ you can't identify has slid partially out. There. That's what your innards look like, you damn arachnid!

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

You pull out one of your daggers and toss it at (Even/Odd: 3) Spider 4! (7 vs 4; -1 MP, Major Success, 2d4+1d4; 6 damage) Your dagger doesn't quite kill it, but the wound is gushing blood. The spider won't last much longer at this rate.

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

I decided to go ahead and let summons count, so Malakai now has 15 8s and therefore a skill-up. I also want to remind Grimmjow6th he has one he hasn't used yet. ^^
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 07:58:03 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 73 (In which a summon tears Malakai's foe to shreds)
« Reply #1288 on: May 01, 2011, 08:20:28 am »

now carve its eyes out with the axe
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 73 (In which a summon tears Malakai's foe to shreds)
« Reply #1289 on: May 01, 2011, 09:38:17 am »

Well that settles it. I am not dying a cheap death, I would rather make a mistake and get overwhelmed.

My vote is for the goblins. We have magic and a narrow pass to funnel large groups in. Much better than getting turned into paste from a fall.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 288