Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199806 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 70 (In which then RNG becomes a broken record)
« Reply #1230 on: April 28, 2011, 08:27:56 pm »

I like the other one better. There's something weird going on there with his mouth! :P

Seriously, though good job. I'll stick with the 2nd draft.

Now, you need to make the background ocean to sparkle like it would during sunset, and animate my beard to ruffle with the wind. You can also add a dragon or a flying castle that randomly floats through the background. Or both!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 28, 2011, 08:40:51 pm »

I itch to put runes on the friars bald head now.

Summon a shadow demon, it should be able to navigate the dark terrain fairly easily. Then make sure that I myself AM NOT SURROUNDED BY GIANT FRICKIN' SPIDERS.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 28, 2011, 08:44:40 pm »

:3

I moved the mouth back. But seriously, recapping actions.

MALLEUS RAULAT

Charge spider 3.

WYMAR SANE

Stab a harpy with preference on 2.

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

Stab a random spider.

FRIAR GREENMOORE

Fireball both harpies.

MALAKAI RITT

Summon Shadow Demon

DANIEL KING

Take Cooperative L2, activate surgical precision, attack H2 with knife

CLAIRE ROSARA

Stab Spider 2.

FRENZ GRENDE

Retaliate with whip.

FAKEEDIT: Draignean ninja'd my damn recap. :p I'll run the turn in a bit, I gotta work on my laundry atm.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 28, 2011, 09:14:37 pm »

Oooo, that looks a lot better, but can you make him loose the mustashe and get a bit more hair along the jaw instead?

Plus, I like the first greenmoore better. The beard just doesn't do it for me with him.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 28, 2011, 11:55:54 pm »

Stubble is difficult. >.>

WOLVERINES

(INITIATIVE)

FRENZ GRENDE

(7 vs 3; Major Success, 2d4; 4 damage) You lash Harpy 1 as it tries to pierce your armor, striking it across the stomach and leaving a thick welt.

DANIEL KING

You put away your warhammer in favor of your knife and reach out for the harpy! (2+2 vs 1; Major Success, 2d6; 7 damage) You grab it by the calf and drag it down to the ground, then pin it down with your forearm on its throat and jam your knife into its chest. The harpy stops struggling after a few moments and expires.

WYMAR SANE

Seeing Daniel finish off Harpy 2, you turn your attention to the remaining harpy still struggling with Frenz. (7+1 vs 7; Minor Success, 1d4; 4 damage) You stab it in the back, but that doesn't finish it off.

HARPY 1

Impaled by Wymar, the harpy doesn't have much freedom of movement and continues kicking her talons out at Frenz! (1+1-1 vs 4+1) It still doesn't do her any good.

FRIAR GREENMOORE

(-2 MP. 6 vs 4; Minor Success, 1d6; 2. 7 vs 1; Major Success, 2d6; 11 damage) You launch two fireballs. The one from your left hand is low powered, designed only to blow the harpy away from Wymar; this it succeeds in admirably. The next fireball burns it to a crisp and it falls from the sky. (1) It plummets over the cliff edge. There is a distant mulchy sort of sound as it impacts on rocks at the bottom.

NIGHTCRAWLERS

(INITIATIVE)

CLAIRE ROSARA

You move forward to attack the spider in the middle of the three charging! (4 vs 1; Major Success, 2d4; 5 damage) You slash it across the side!

MALLEUS RAULAT

You charge forward to intercept the spider on the far right! (7 vs 8) But it is more ready than its compatriot and manages to fend you off...

SPIDER 3

...and as it engages Malleus, it starts to work its spinnerets. (6 vs 1; Malleus is webbed down; armor bonuses negated for 2 turns) Large, thick webs fly out and wrap around the knight, grounding him in one place and immobilizing most of his limbs!

SPIDER 2

Spider 2, still engaging Claire, attempts to bullrush her down! (4+1 vs 3; Major Success, 2d4; 7 damage) It catches her low in the stomach and knocks her back!

MALAKAI RITT

(-4 MP.) You call upon the forces of darkness you bound to your blood and summon a wraith-like, smoky being. It sniffs around in a feral manner, then immediately turns and runs behind you! (2 vs 1; Major Success, 2d6; 12 damage. Quite the debut. >.>) You hear it screech and see blood fly past you; looks like one had been sneaking up on you! You turn around to face it and back towards the lake.

SPIDER 1

Spider 1 (3) charges Malakai the second he turns his back! (2 vs 1-1. Following the precedent I set way back when, this means auto-8 damage, or 2d4x2... 6 damage) It pounces upon his back, throwing him to the floor.

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

(3) You run over to help out Malleus and fend off Spider 3. (5+1 vs 8) You don't actually hit it, but you manage to get it to back off.

SPIDER 4

The spider (3) also goes for Malakai! (7 vs 3-1. Minor Success, 1d4; 1 damage) It steps on his hand.

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)
0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Frenz has a skill-up. ^^

EDIT: Smiley RAEGGG >:[
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 09:31:48 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 71 (In which spiders hate magicians)
« Reply #1235 on: April 29, 2011, 12:25:23 am »

Yell in a manly fashion, and create a barrier of ice around myself.

ooc: If I die my notes don't pass to another do they?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:27:23 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 29, 2011, 12:30:20 am »

I plead the fifth. :3 Although Wymar and Greenmoore might be able to understand them, no one in your current party has any idea what they would mean.

EDIT: Oh yeah, you can also tell your summon what to do, unless you want me to auto him each round. ^^.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 29, 2011, 12:30:28 am »

get free, hack him in the eyes. i hate spiders....
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 29, 2011, 12:33:41 am »

If my character gets into his party, my character would probably understand some, and could work towards understanding the rest. He is a dedicated Hunter Mage, after all.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 29, 2011, 12:42:15 am »

True too, Talarion. ^^ But you'd have to get his notes somehow...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 29, 2011, 01:36:09 am »

Battle-hardened! It's not possible to deal 7 damage to me on a 2d4. >_>

Also, ow on the specialized Malleus-killers.

Kraken flintlock the uninjured spider (1?) attacking Malakai.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 29, 2011, 01:45:27 am »

You're right, I'll go ahead and refund your 2 HP. ^^

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 29, 2011, 01:58:44 am »

Stab Spider 4 right in between the eyes!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 29, 2011, 02:47:08 am »

Stab Spider 4 right in between the eyes!
Which eyes? You'll need a ruler and a compass to get evenly between them all. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 29, 2011, 04:18:10 am »

Just take a stab at it. :P

Also, YES! THATS IT! PERFECT AVATAR MATERIAL! Thank you!!!

Also, malakai is dead. Or soon to be.

Heal myself using my kit and then look for replacement supplies for it.

Just topping up.  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 288