Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199745 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 66 [In which the merchant is very busy]
« Reply #1125 on: April 26, 2011, 02:01:59 pm »

Friar Greenmoore approaches the cloaked man. (Frenz)

"You there! I saw you talking to one of my compatriots-sorry if he seemed a bit curt. He is a magician after all! You know his kind-unsubtle, and slow to take joy.

You seem to be searching for something...or someone. Can I be of assistance? Friar Greenmoore, by the way. Pleased to meet you."

OOC: Really, you can go ahead and post the turn when you like SeriousConcentrate. Don't hold it up on my account!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 26, 2011, 02:29:16 pm »

Smile slightly ''Nice to meet you, Friar, I am Frenz Grende, at your service.'' Gets up and holds out hand.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: April 26, 2011, 02:30:19 pm »

"hey friar" whos your friend?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: April 26, 2011, 02:34:19 pm »

"He calls himself Frenz Grende, Malleus.

I might have known a noble family by that name during my travels. Did you ever happen to meet anyone from the Mistbridge abbey?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: April 26, 2011, 02:36:23 pm »

greetings Frenz im malleus raulat, an pleasure meeting you.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: April 26, 2011, 02:44:53 pm »

"My friend Malleus is a knight of no equal-his courage and his axe has been quite useful on our quest.

I'm guessing you have an idea why we're all here? We could use someone like you, where we are going.

Not that it will be easy...or safe. No money or fame in it, if that's what you were hoping for. We recently lost one of our own, and the gap he left is not easily filled. So, do want to hear more? If not, I implore you to take the speediest road away from this place...we march into Hell itself, to do battle before the Devil's throne. It's not a job for the timid.  "

Greenmoore folds his hands, and waits.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 26, 2011, 02:46:39 pm »

''March before the devil's throne and do battle? Sounds like a decent challenge! I have fought many creature's of the darkness on my way here, and this sounds like something worth doing, i shall join you on your quest.''
''Are you the only one's on this quest, or are there more?''
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 02:48:33 pm by Grimmjow6th »
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 26, 2011, 02:56:30 pm »

except us and Malakai over there we are four others.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 26, 2011, 02:59:21 pm »

"Ah, the others? Tis a doughty band!

We have of course, the esteemed Knight Malleus, and myself-a mere friar, but one with some skill in holy implements.

There is a fortune teller by the name of Wymar, who has steered us from certain doom with his predictions, a mercenary from France (a showoff and a braggart, but he'll most likely outlive us all), the magician you met earlier-he's most skilled, though I somewhat disagree with his methods- and a Doctor named Daniel! who stitches wounds faster than a man like you can make them."

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 04:41:05 pm by Dwarmin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 26, 2011, 04:00:45 pm »

Just got back from a long walk (about 61/2 miles). Draignean, I'm going to go ahead and assume you got to the merchant and told him what you want. ^^ Also while I was writing this turn I realized Darvi didn't post an action... so, auto'd.

AT THE RED REST INN

Friar Greenmoore and Malleus approach Frenz, who got somewhat cold-shouldered by Malakai on his way out. Meanwhile, Daniel raises an eyebrow at being called Zako but goes to loot the alcohol anyway. (5) Being fairly picky when it comes to his wine, Daniel elects to take only the oldest bottle he can find. (Daniel gets: Bottle of 833 wine!) Greenmoore, Malleus, and Frenze sit at a table, split a cask of rum, and discuss their respective adventures. It doesn't take long before Frenz joins the group officially. Meanwhile, Pierre heads up to his room to admire his new hat (3) completely forgetting to grab any rum on the way. Wymar returns to the inn and sits on the bar, just because.

MALAKAI RITT

You run up on the merchant and plunk down your bag of gold, demanding a potion that restores mana and a better staff. The merchant opens the side of his white coat and draws out a vial and a pair of mace heads. "This is good for magic... and I'll attach those to your staff." You take the vial and watch as he turns your weapon into a Dire Mace, then hands it back. As he does so, he vanishes along with his goods. Well, that was odd.

CLAIRE ROSARA

You're not done looting yet! Pirates always prowl until they find something worth taking. (1) Unfortunately while looking into graves you fall in one and injure yourself on the packed dirt at the bottom. (Claire has -1 initiative during the next combat due to getting the stuffing knocked out of her). After a few moments of stargazing and generally being dazed, you stop selling the fall, pick yourself up, and climb out.

EDIT: Accidentally posted before I was finished... ^^;

There are two exits from the town of Birchside. One is to battle through the cave system; the other is to brave the perilous trail up the side of the mountain. Divide yourselves into two teams and pick which way you wanna go. :3
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 04:06:12 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 26, 2011, 04:03:30 pm »

''Sounds like a hearty group, when do we set out?''

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 26, 2011, 04:50:41 pm »

"Right away, my friend. The ramparts of Castle Dracul grow stronger every minute we delay..."

OOC: Hmm, I'd like to take Grimm, Darvi and Zako with me. Team WOLVERINE gets all the glory!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 04:54:50 pm by Dwarmin »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 26, 2011, 04:51:03 pm »

Here! Team green 4tw!

"Hmmm. My instincts tell me that this will be a dangerous travel. Again. I suggest we split up again, but this time it shall be planned."
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 04:52:39 pm by Darvi »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 26, 2011, 04:54:33 pm »

Edited for ninja.

I'd like team Wolverine to go the trailside route-we're all more lightly armored, have ranged attacks for dealing with flying and climbing enemies, and have less chance of falling due to movement bonuses. Plus, I got a grappling hook

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 26, 2011, 05:00:59 pm »

And I have my 10 foot pole :3
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 288