Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Editing raws for a colder winter  (Read 568 times)

AgentPaper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Editing raws for a colder winter
« on: February 21, 2011, 02:41:01 am »

So for my latest project, it would be pretty awesome if the ocean froze, even if only for a short time. I've found a pretty good site but it's a real pain to get a site that is fully unfrozen in summer and fully frozen in winter, not to mention the rest of my my wants and needs such as metal and flux and such.

I've got a site that's almost perfect, except that it unfortunately doesn't freeze in the winter. Would it be possible to edit the raws for this savegame to make the winters have a lower temperature or whatever?

Thanks in advance.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Editing raws for a colder winter
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 07:32:57 am »

i'm pretty convinced you cannot change that with savegame.
but you can always, in future, save the game in frozen season, and turn off temepature in d_init.txt in *\data\init
then resume and do whatever you want.

currently, if you have an aquifer, try draining the whole ocean into it, with bit of thicks. once mastered, aquifer is forever your friend.
be sure to install a shutoff before hand.

AgentPaper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 09:02:57 am »

Well I kinda turned off aquifers since I always just avoided them like the plague anyways.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait until I've finished my megaproject so I can drain the ocean into the lava sea. I should have ample opportunity to work on the aesthetics of my seafloor fortress by then.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 09:54:04 am »

then you should drain it into subterranean lake. into lava is kinda semi-permanent.
make sure you drain it faster then water flow in...

Bererez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"ur ist... nein, ich will sagen 'es,' ur es"
Something you might type in a German language class if you were stupid and playing some kind of text tag, I guess.

urist

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 10:19:04 pm »

dfweather -- A tool that will let you change the weather.

it's not 'dftemperature', it only makes game snow or rain, or clear, it does not raise nor lower the actual temperature.