Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Plans for the winter of 1943

Операция "Ой морозь морозь" - Maintain a high operational tempo through the winter, attacking weak points as able
- 6 (60%)
Операция "Не морозь меня" - Slow things down, making a few major and considered attacks without wasting strength
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37

Author Topic: Arsenal of Democracy LP (1 October, 1944: Vperyod!)  (Read 95050 times)

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (1 August, 1944: Vperyod!)
« Reply #525 on: May 30, 2012, 11:42:49 am »

Go Canada!

I'm actually very surprised that Germany reached Moscow at all-- AI-on-AI Barbarossas rarely work that well, as I understand.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 30, 2012, 11:52:42 am »

Isn't Vichy France a German puppet?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 30, 2012, 11:53:04 am »

Go Canada!

I'm actually very surprised that Germany reached Moscow at all-- AI-on-AI Barbarossas rarely work that well, as I understand.

In Doomsday with DAIM it was the case 9 times out of 10
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 30, 2012, 12:09:58 pm »

Isn't Vichy France a German puppet?
Not in this game.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 30, 2012, 04:48:31 pm »

I just got this game and I have a question. Is it bad if the Germans take Moscow in 1941?
If the Germans take Moscow an Axis Victory is likely. That's one of the cities Germany needs to take in order to fire the Bitter Peace event, which gives them a massive chunk of the Soviet Union, including all of it's European holdings. If Japan is attacking Siberia they get a chunk as well, which leaves the USSR with nothing but some of its least useful provinces and forced out of the war.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 30, 2012, 08:44:36 pm »

Well the russians just made a counter attack and close to retaking moscow in a few months, If germany is still around. Also Berlin just got nuked, I love this game! :D
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 31, 2012, 04:44:35 pm »

Post this story to the Show Off Your Empires thread.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #532 on: May 31, 2012, 08:33:12 pm »

Once we force Germany and friends to become puppets, maybe. Then it'd make an impressive world map.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP
« Reply #533 on: July 08, 2012, 02:55:37 pm »

Spoiler: 1 October, 1944 (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (1 October, 1944: Vperyod!)
« Reply #534 on: July 08, 2012, 03:10:15 pm »

I dunno, I liked that other front to manage and those endless US attack. Plus they're moving: they've taken an island, and might land in some other places to cause !!FUN!!.

So yeah, I don't approve of this, but it's your game, so feel free to do it.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 08, 2012, 03:15:27 pm »

Their out of manpower you say... Ever seen red dawn?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 08, 2012, 03:29:11 pm »

I have nothing against fiddling with countries via assuming them temporarily.

Considering that the US had to get f*cking bombed by the Japanese in order to enter WWII in real life, despite Germany taking over most of Europe, I think you are completely justified in making them accept a white peace, as there is no reason for them to have declared war on you because of your actions in Turkey.

I would however note that the US fought Vietnam with similar conditions to this war for a long time, so I don't buy them backing out of a war simply due to a shortage of manpower.  If I was playing the US, I would just wait on my unreachable continent and build up armor and marine forces with whatever manpower I could scrape up, then attack any of your unoccupied beach territories, followed by marine attacks on lightly defended beach territories.  Oh, and build an airport and naval port on that island I just conquored.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 08, 2012, 03:38:51 pm »

Well, I hope nobody minds that a lurker throws his three cents in. While it might have been a mistake causing the US to declare war on you, you're playing the Soviet Union. You know, that one country the Paradox forums claim achieving a world conquest with is more or less a pastime. If anything, you should go reinforce them so they present a credible threat, not force them to make peace with you because they aren't one.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 08, 2012, 04:11:56 pm »

Yeah, those are some horrific losses they've taken. I'd say either give them oodles of manpower or white peace them long enough to have them build back up. Moreover, it might be a good idea to buff them a little bit past that, considering that they'd have spent the time building up troops and an economy instead of hurling thousands to their deaths in Siberia.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #539 on: December 11, 2014, 12:54:52 am »

Arise, ye post from many moons ago!

So, I'm not planning on picking this Let's Play again in full, but before I kick off another potentially long-running Let's Play project (coming soon!), I wanted to provide some closure on this one. I picked up the save game a month or two back, and spent a few hours playing through the winter of 1944 and into 1945. Here's what happened.

November, 1944: the Americans accept a peace with minor concessions. (I did cheat a little on this one, but I gave the Americans some reparations in the offer I forced them to accept.)

December, 1944: Russian forces garrison the Far Eastern Front, in anticipation of any future American invasion. Far Eastern theater forces not assigned to garrison duty proceed to the Western Front, roughly 40 divisions.

January-March 1945: Exhausted German forces finally begin to yield to Soviet offensives. The Germans are forced out of Königsberg in the north, and in the south, Romania surrenders to the Soviets, becoming a Communist state. With access to Istanbul through Romania, the annexation of Turkey is finally completed.

March-July, 1945: The German center still holds, forming an extended salient in Czechoslovakia, but Berlin falls. Armored forces spearheaded by Zhukov and Rokossovsky break through the Romanian and Hungarian lines in the south. The United States declares war on Germany.

July, 1945: Armored forces in the south of Germany capture Vienna and Salzburg, then push north to encircle the bulk of the German army in Czechoslovakia. They pause to allow infantry to catch up. The Red Army meets Italian forces for the first time, and crack Soviet troops, veterans of a long war, easily defeat them.

That's where I stopped. The Wehrmacht is rendered nearly powerless, and it's only a matter of time before Germany capitulates completely. Once I force Germany's surrender, and maybe Italy's, I think I'd be satisfied with the game. As I continue toward that goal, I may continue to post updates in this back-of-the-napkin format until I'm done.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37