Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Plans for the winter of 1943

Операция "Ой морозь морозь" - Maintain a high operational tempo through the winter, attacking weak points as able
- 6 (60%)
Операция "Не морозь меня" - Slow things down, making a few major and considered attacks without wasting strength
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37

Author Topic: Arsenal of Democracy LP (1 October, 1944: Vperyod!)  (Read 95094 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (26 September, 1943)
« Reply #435 on: January 27, 2012, 01:17:25 pm »

I think e need to start giving our veteran units upgrades, so that they can kill MORE germans and americans!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #436 on: January 27, 2012, 02:11:14 pm »

All the corps assigned to Bay12 players are marked for priority upgrades and reinforcements.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 27, 2012, 04:20:21 pm »

Well, I'm certain the German Infantry are still scared of my Machinegun Tankettes...

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #438 on: January 27, 2012, 04:24:49 pm »

Mostly Romanians and Bulgarians, actually. So yes, I would guess so. :P

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #439 on: January 29, 2012, 01:17:22 pm »

Spoiler: 28 October, 1943 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unit updates (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Losses chart (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (28 October 1943: Winter Arrives)
« Reply #440 on: January 29, 2012, 01:29:02 pm »

Attack as much as possible. The Axis Minors must fails!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #441 on: January 29, 2012, 01:35:13 pm »

Hmm. Don't know if there's a way to edit the poll. I'll say this: moderator of some sort, could you remove the poll from this thread for me? Thanks.

Then I'll report my own post. >.>

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 29, 2012, 02:33:43 pm »

Again! I am missing everything!!!
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #443 on: January 29, 2012, 08:55:41 pm »

Alright, the Official Poll (tm) for our winter 1943 plans is up (thank you, mods!). I'll play sometime next weekend, so you have that much time to influence the course of the war.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 30, 2012, 12:04:51 am »

Research continues apace, with priorities being airborne infantry, widely-applicable air doctrines, naval vessels, and supply savings.
NOT Tanks?  ???

0300 19 October
Production runs of unbrigaded infantry are cancelled, saving us some 35 IC. Between that and a moderate reduction in supply production (we're dipping into our vast stockpile now), 50 IC has been dedicated to divisional upgrades.
YAY!  :D

EuchreJack - 15-y Korpus (Rokossovsky): supported the attack on Chisinev, still stationed in Balta.
Glad to seem I've being put to some use.   :P

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #445 on: January 30, 2012, 08:47:43 am »

Tank research will come later. It's going to be very important to have the air force and the navy up to snuff, though. I thought you'd be happy about upgrades. Two of your tank units are in progress; one of them's half done, the other is a little bit behind. And Rokossovsky's got the sort of corps I always expected to be of major use; it's just he's been needed as a pinning force until now. You can probably expect more from him as winter rolls onward.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 30, 2012, 09:14:25 pm »

Tank research will come later. It's going to be very important to have the air force and the navy up to snuff, though. I thought you'd be happy about upgrades. Two of your tank units are in progress; one of them's half done, the other is a little bit behind. And Rokossovsky's got the sort of corps I always expected to be of major use; it's just he's been needed as a pinning force until now. You can probably expect more from him as winter rolls onward.
0300 19 October
Production runs of unbrigaded infantry are cancelled, saving us some 35 IC. Between that and a moderate reduction in supply production (we're dipping into our vast stockpile now), 50 IC has been dedicated to divisional upgrades.
YAY!  :D
[/quote]

I am happy about tank upgrades, even happier to hear that my tanks are being upgraded.  Thank you for the tank upgrades.   :D

By the way, what tanks will my units now be fielding?

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #447 on: January 31, 2012, 08:36:51 am »

I am happy about tank upgrades, even happier to hear that my tanks are being upgraded.  Thank you for the tank upgrades.   :D

By the way, what tanks will my units now be fielding?

Your upgrade path will go from your current BT-5 to BT-7M (the first in the medium tanks line) to T-34m.1941.

I see we've passed 10,000 views now. Awesome.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 01, 2012, 10:33:17 am »

I'm thinking we should focus on the East a bit more trough the winter, hold the western front and take advantage of openings in the south.

With winter coming tho the artrition should increase (arctic conditions IIRC), now if we could cut away the US troops' supply lines in any way we should be able to annihliate them easily come spring, maybe even sooner if the conditions favour us.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #449 on: February 02, 2012, 09:29:16 am »

I'm thinking we should focus on the East a bit more trough the winter, hold the western front and take advantage of openings in the south.

With winter coming tho the artrition should increase (arctic conditions IIRC), now if we could cut away the US troops' supply lines in any way we should be able to annihliate them easily come spring, maybe even sooner if the conditions favour us.

We don't really have any way to interrupt the American supply lines, given our lack of naval power and their overwhelming naval superiority (naval bombers are high on the list of things our armaments industry will be producing in the waning stages of the German war, so that'll help). Nor can we really spare the forces to mount an attack with any real chance of success. That's really going to have to wait until after Germany's finished.

I've worked up some plans for the 1943-1944 winter offensive, since maintaining strategic initiative seems to be the consensus of STAVKA (though it's a narrow majority). I don't have any fancy diagrams for you, but I've identified two strategic objectives: Königsberg, on the Baltic Sea coast, and Ploesti, in Romania. Mechanized forces in the south will drive for Ploesti, while infantry attacks in the north will continue from the Lida/Wilno region toward Königsberg, with an eye toward encircling Axis formations along the Daugava River.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37