Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Plans for the winter of 1943

Операция "Ой морозь морозь" - Maintain a high operational tempo through the winter, attacking weak points as able
- 6 (60%)
Операция "Не морозь меня" - Slow things down, making a few major and considered attacks without wasting strength
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37

Author Topic: Arsenal of Democracy LP (1 October, 1944: Vperyod!)  (Read 95113 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (8 June, 1943: Turning the Corner?)
« Reply #390 on: December 09, 2011, 11:18:13 pm »

Bah more infantry more tanks, more guns no boats! I do not believe this!
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 10, 2011, 09:19:48 am »

Think about It Elfeater the more boats on the water we have the quicker we can invade the US after wiping out germany.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #392 on: December 10, 2011, 12:55:20 pm »

Yep. Even if the Allies would probably be an easier fight, I'd prefer not to have to do that one immediately.

I played until the 24th of June. Expect an update sometime soonish.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #393 on: December 10, 2011, 04:14:11 pm »

Spoiler: 24 June, 1943 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unit updates (click to show/hide)

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (24 June, 1943: Slugging Match: Round 1)
« Reply #394 on: December 12, 2011, 11:33:53 am »

Time for another question of grand strategy. I've moved probably twenty extra divisions from the south end of the northern part of the front (I'll define that as Bobraisk) toward Kiev, because as our analog of Comrade Stalin, I appreciate the propaganda value of holding major cities. With Zhukov and Rokossovsy in the south, we'll have our two largest armored corps (though they're not particularly well-equipped, with BT-7Ms and BT-7s) in that region, and we can also have a headquarters unit in the area we can leverage to get them both involved in attacks from one province without penalty.

The question is, do we want to? Presently, I'd say that in the Jekapilis region we have a slightly superior force, and the fact that our infrastructure isn't all torn up means that our units will be regaining organization faster and suffering fewer penalties for limited supply. I expect that if we continue to push on the Germans up there, we'll start gaining territory back. That's probably the safer option. The more dangerous option is to make a push into Romania. It shouldn't be terribly difficult initially-- the Romanians are not possessed of a great number of German troops-- but any penetration into Romania will necessarily involved stretching our lines out in the south, which leaves those divisions vulnerable to encirclement. Which is bad.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 12, 2011, 11:45:54 am »

Yeah, until we own the Balkan, and free up all those Turkish divisions. Gogosouth!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 12, 2011, 02:12:26 pm »

Unless AoD added surrender events for countries on the Balkans, it's very risky and "stretchy" to even think about going there while Germans stand next to Kiev.

One extreme flaw of HoI2 (and expansions) is that enemies simply never surrender, unless annexed or via event.
While it's more than possible to wipe out Balkan countries right away, even with Germans in Kiev, it's more demanding and risky than a.. different.. approach.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 02:15:00 pm by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #397 on: December 12, 2011, 02:58:49 pm »

I added a poll with some operational options for the next few months.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 12, 2011, 04:06:02 pm »

Idea: Upgrade my tank units pronto!

We should be in the T series of tanks, at least.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #399 on: December 12, 2011, 04:19:05 pm »

Idea: Upgrade my tank units pronto!

We should be in the T series of tanks, at least.

Working on it, and in fact, they have the little upgrade-me-first! star checked. It's just that we're not investing a great deal of IC in upgrades at the moment. It's mostly going toward massive stacks of small arms and rocket artillery.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 12, 2011, 04:27:11 pm »

I guess that makes sense if you want to fight a defensive war, but you need to shift IC into tanks if you want to go offensive.

How good are the rocket artillery at penetrating armor?  You may want to switch some rocket artillery into anti-tank or conventional artillery.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #401 on: December 12, 2011, 04:34:09 pm »

That's in the plan for the next couple of months. Rocket artillery isn't significantly different than regular artillery in statistics, but for the same tech level, rocket artillery takes less IC but more manpower, a trade that makes them perfect for the USSR.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 12, 2011, 07:07:26 pm »

Yes we should stick with rocket artillery we can use the spare IC for a few tanks.
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 12, 2011, 07:30:50 pm »

Ok, that makes sense.  I just asked because Panzer General treats the rocket artillery as only being good versus infantry and non-armored targets.  But if both artillery are the same generally in this game, then rocket artillery is the way to go.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 12, 2011, 08:05:08 pm »

What we need Is a massive swarm attack all along the germans weakest area and just push as far as possaible and fortify the areas we capture and rinse and repeat Rocket artillery will help alot being cheap and effective and we can use the IC we saved to build tanks and reinforce our main attack units with mabye a little left over to add to our forces in turkey
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37