Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Plans for the winter of 1943

Операция "Ой морозь морозь" - Maintain a high operational tempo through the winter, attacking weak points as able
- 6 (60%)
Операция "Не морозь меня" - Slow things down, making a few major and considered attacks without wasting strength
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37

Author Topic: Arsenal of Democracy LP (1 October, 1944: Vperyod!)  (Read 95132 times)

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (7 May, 1943: Victories and Defeats)
« Reply #345 on: November 04, 2011, 10:43:45 am »

This is very good, I would like to take command of a tank division.
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 04, 2011, 10:57:18 am »

Gah hold the line and wait for reinforcements (damn it my command almost been wiped out AGAIN)
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #347 on: November 04, 2011, 12:59:36 pm »

This is very good, I would like to take command of a tank division.

Welcome aboard. I'll probably end up giving you Konev's or Berzarin's corps, both of which have played a role throughout a good part of the campaign.

Quote from: Elfeater
Gah hold the line and wait for reinforcements (damn it my command almost been wiped out AGAIN)

Actually, Bulganin's corps is doing pretty well, and might be part of a counterattack in the next update.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #348 on: November 04, 2011, 01:09:40 pm »

So I'm playing the USSR, catching up to you. I'm in a rather different state, though. I've taken Estonia and Latvia, but Germany's rather stronger. They've taken Spain and are working on the last UK province. As it stands, the German/Russian border is fairly lightly defended on their side, but I'm not too sure if I could actually take Germany on. My forces are mostly infantry with engineers, with some tanks and artillery scattered in. I'm currently building fighters and tanks in preparation for Operation Barbarossa, but I'm not sure if it'll actually come. My air force is fairly small, with no more than two dozen divisions, mostly CAS. There's also 4 HQ units supporting my border forces and I've build a line of forts along a pair of riverbanks back from the border so I have a fallback position, if Germany decide to throw everything they have at me. Any advice for kicking Germany back to Berlin if they drop the hammer?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 04, 2011, 08:12:12 pm »

what happned to my guy?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 05, 2011, 07:09:43 am »

So I'm playing the USSR, catching up to you. I'm in a rather different state, though. I've taken Estonia and Latvia, but Germany's rather stronger. They've taken Spain and are working on the last UK province. As it stands, the German/Russian border is fairly lightly defended on their side, but I'm not too sure if I could actually take Germany on. My forces are mostly infantry with engineers, with some tanks and artillery scattered in. I'm currently building fighters and tanks in preparation for Operation Barbarossa, but I'm not sure if it'll actually come. My air force is fairly small, with no more than two dozen divisions, mostly CAS. There's also 4 HQ units supporting my border forces and I've build a line of forts along a pair of riverbanks back from the border so I have a fallback position, if Germany decide to throw everything they have at me. Any advice for kicking Germany back to Berlin if they drop the hammer?

Have they taken on France?
If they are currently busy with the UK you might get them with a quick assault down to Berlin, but i'm not sure how possible would that be considering your current force composition.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #351 on: November 05, 2011, 07:50:36 am »

Yeah, they've already flattened France. I'm seriously worried.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 05, 2011, 08:47:09 am »

Japan and the US relations?

It might be best to somehow get the US involved (if they haven't already), but then again that is a minor distraction at best if the US itself isn't doing that good (and even if it is it would take them a while to get enough forces to Europe to be any kind of threat to the Germans).

All in all I think your best bet is to hunker down and hope for the best.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #353 on: November 05, 2011, 08:51:13 am »

I don't think Japan like me much as I supply China with stuff every six months or so, although they're finally managing to overwhelm the Chinese. The US is fairly ambivalent at the moment and haven't joined. I'm not sure if they will without the UK around.

EDIT: The last UK province has fallen, but the UK is still around, thankfully. Operation Barbarossa is either late or not happening. I've also been funding partisans with my 50-odd spies, and there's a few provinces in Spain that have been taken. We'll see if Pearl Harbour happens with Japan still busy with China. Ah, Pearl Harbour happened a month early. USA is now officially in the war, and Germany seems to be having some partisan trouble. I'm going to wait until the mechanised infantry I've got building is done (February sometime) then probably attack Germany.

EDIT2: Okay, it's Christmas, 1942. I've taken Croatia, Hungary, Poland, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Italy and some of southern France. I'm attacking Sicily and the rest of France. Romania, Finland and Bulgaria sensibly decided to defect to me. The UK's fucked, having lost half of India to Japan. Italy's now holding about half of Africa and the US appears to be derping around doing fuck all. My intel swears Germany has 150-odd infantry divisions, but I've no idea where. I'm steamrolling them. I've finally switched my spies to stealing blueprints, since the Partisans keep stealing territory I'm going for.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 11:42:19 am by Simmura McCrea »

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #354 on: November 05, 2011, 06:54:39 pm »

Looks like you're doing fine without my advice. :P

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #355 on: November 08, 2011, 06:13:16 pm »

I'd been meaning to play tonight, but it was a killer day at work, so expect an update more like Thursday.

Edit: Caught a cold, and I'll be going away for the weekend, so my schedule is slipping.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 15, 2011, 07:59:06 pm »

So what should we do about the Americans?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #357 on: November 16, 2011, 08:45:56 am »

I think, for the moment, we're just going to leave them bottled up.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #358 on: November 20, 2011, 06:38:38 pm »

Sorry for the long gap, guys, I've been traveling and then busy. On the plus side, I now have a bit more than a cord of firewood split and stacked, and I should have a few hours tomorrow.

Edit: I played a brutal eight game days. Update coming tomorrow.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #359 on: November 22, 2011, 07:06:48 pm »

A short one in time covered, but a ton of stuff happened.

Spoiler: 15 May, 1943 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unit updates (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37