Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Plans for the winter of 1943

Операция "Ой морозь морозь" - Maintain a high operational tempo through the winter, attacking weak points as able
- 6 (60%)
Операция "Не морозь меня" - Slow things down, making a few major and considered attacks without wasting strength
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37

Author Topic: Arsenal of Democracy LP (1 October, 1944: Vperyod!)  (Read 95144 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (April 1943: Land War in Asia)
« Reply #315 on: October 16, 2011, 02:12:13 pm »

The USSR has about five times the manpower and manpower growth of the Axis. I'm not worried overmuch about bleeding myself dry. :P

The US, however, has twenty-some divisions in the Far East, and I don't have enough there to win a straight-up fight against all of them. I'm also understandably hesitant about reinforcing that front.

I've meant the casualties dealt by US that worried me, and could impact ze war with Axis. But you are, of course, correct.

We never finished Turkey off. They're not an Axis member.
My bad, i assumed that the red piece of land meant Axis :) Sevastopol is safe, still Arkh..

Edit: since I prepared for a Barbarossa the year before this one, the Daugava-Dnieper line is my planned fallback. Smolensk hosts a maximum-level land fortress. I'll write up a what's-happened-to-this-point post later tonight or tomorrow.

In that case, the weak spot is the province east of Kiev - Priluki.
Kiev and Mogilev airports shall break Thy balls though, be weary of that! (a damn shame that you can not deconstruct airports..)

Lastly : While abandoning far east seems like a great idea, keep in mind that AI still has a poor judgement of province value, and may stack insane amounts of troops to capture the eastern wastelands.

Also : WOO! Go get 'em!
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 16, 2011, 02:58:36 pm »

Now, you see, if I were the Germans, I'd just take everything up to your defensive line and make my own there. When things settle down and infrastructure can be repaired, additional pushes can be made. You simply don't try to beat a Russian defense. Take what they flee from, be careful about taking too much.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 16, 2011, 04:29:50 pm »

No my glorious troops of Vladivostok. How many are left?
Edit:Ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu damn it I'm dead...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 04:34:09 pm by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 16, 2011, 04:57:42 pm »

Now, you see, if I were the Germans, I'd just take everything up to your defensive line and make my own there. When things settle down and infrastructure can be repaired, additional pushes can be made. You simply don't try to beat a Russian defense. Take what they flee from, be careful about taking too much.

You are ofcourse correct. But with Mot infantry, once you break the line at any one point, you'll just keep steamrolling the enemies for a good few provinces.

How strong is luftwaffe at this point? Does your airforce have a chance of air superiority above a region or two?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:08:36 pm by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #319 on: October 16, 2011, 05:09:16 pm »

Thing is, though, that's a long-term losing prospect for the Germans. The prolonged conflict swings toward the Soviet Union, which is why it's so important for Germany to take as much as possible as quickly as possible.

Quote from: Stworca
I've meant the casualties dealt by US that worried me, and could impact ze war with Axis. But you are, of course, correct.

Indeed. It's not a good idea to suffer 25,000 losses every day, but those troops were surrounded, so in actuality we lost more like 50,000. :P

I'm aiming to play a month or so over the course of this week. I'm going to be away from my gaming computer next weekend, but if I remember I'll bring the screenshots and try to update on Saturday again. Elfeater, you're welcome to pick someone else.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 16, 2011, 05:22:21 pm »

If I may I will take control of a commander facing the Germans. Maybe my entire command won't be wiped out this time...
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 16, 2011, 05:23:06 pm »

Hey, is the 163rd still around?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 16, 2011, 07:24:54 pm »

Hey, is the 163rd still around?

This reminds me, apparently I claimed a regiment/corps/something way back when. Is it still aboot?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 17, 2011, 09:53:46 pm »

May I claim a Unit if its not to much of a hassle.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #324 on: October 19, 2011, 06:07:38 pm »

I played two weeks of the war just now, and provisionally, I would say it's going alright. Given how much there is to handle, I think two to three weeks is going to be how long I play before updating. I may mini-update you on your units tomorrow night, but don't count on it; Monday is my plan for the full thing.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #325 on: October 19, 2011, 09:32:43 pm »

For the first time ever, there's a saved game for your perusal.

You may or may not need both files. It's from version 1.05, which was the state of the art when I started the game. I can't guarantee it'll work with anything more recent.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #326 on: October 24, 2011, 09:21:13 pm »

A bit shorter in terms of game time and stuff to report, but there's so much to keep track of during a major war that you can probably expect them to be this size for the foreseeable future.

Spoiler: Claimed Units (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 21 April, 1943 (click to show/hide)

I feel I'm justified in calling it the Second World War at this point, even if it's not quite the one everyone remembers.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (21 April, 1943: Land War in Asia)
« Reply #327 on: October 25, 2011, 04:03:33 am »

Wanted to let you know I've been watching, and I'd like to resume command of a tank unit.  I haven't been posting as I've never played this game, so I have little useful advice to give.

But I wish you good luck!

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #328 on: October 25, 2011, 06:34:37 am »

Great. I'll give you Rokossovsky's corps next time, since you previously had a unit in Zhukov's corps. I think they're both structured about the same-- three tank divisions and three motorized divisions.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 25, 2011, 09:57:19 am »

Makes sense.  For the Motherland!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37