Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Plans for the winter of 1943

Операция "Ой морозь морозь" - Maintain a high operational tempo through the winter, attacking weak points as able
- 6 (60%)
Операция "Не морозь меня" - Slow things down, making a few major and considered attacks without wasting strength
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37

Author Topic: Arsenal of Democracy LP (1 October, 1944: Vperyod!)  (Read 95081 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2011, 04:58:18 am »

I'd like to start research on Early Battlecruisers.After the production is done i would like to start work on a Battleship, to be stationed with at Vladivostok with the rest of the far eastern fleet.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2011, 07:59:51 pm »

Could we get tech trees, please? I want to know our current technological state of affairs

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2011, 08:03:53 pm »

Could we get tech trees, please? I want to know our current technological state of affairs

First post.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2011, 09:17:36 pm »

In any case, the Soviet military is atrocious, as the minister of the army, I find this highly troubling. In any case, advanced light-tank research is requested, so that we may move onto the superior T-34s as soon as possible- T-34s are medium tanks, I believe. Either way, our two current tanks are not going to cut it. Especially T-28s, which are largely obsolete by now.

As for the other research team I have been given, I am conflicted to choose between Large Front or Better Infantry or Static AAs. Of course, we need to re-structure our infantry so that they're more effective, but the others sound convincing as well. Especially since the horrors of Rudel flying and slaughtering entire Soviet divisions is well known to me. Also, AAs may help offset the German Luftwaffe superiority the Germans had over the course of the Eastern front.

But the thing is, I don't know enough about HoI to make competent decisions, :P. So, I'd like to request one of the above three to be chosen. If our dear commander-in-chief has other suggestions, I am completely willing to listen.

As for our IC usage, is it possible to conserve ICs for later use? Or are they to be distributed fully per turn? In any case, I'd like a emphasis on light-tanks and infantry following behind. I don't see any uses for our armored tanks nor mountainous infantry however.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2011, 10:22:28 pm »

At the start of a game of HoI, the Soviets are very doctrinally weak, so going down that road is probably a good way to begin. We'll move down the research trees toward our better tanks. Static AA is largely useless; it's a province-level investment, and we have better ones of those (factories and such) to build. Ideally our air minister will help stave off the Luftwaffe. :P

IC can't be conserved; anything unspent doesn't draw resources, but obviously doesn't buy us anything, either. For production I suppose we'll start with motorized infantry and infantry, which I believe we can cram into our land production IC allotment.

Mountain infantry is useful in the mountains. If we invade the Balkans or have to defend the Caucasus that's what we'll most likely be using (at least in part), because it has none of the massive terrain penalties everything else gets. We'll keep our current armor (mainly T-27s) around and keep it upgrading.

Post-dinner I'll get down to playing, and soon it shall be 1938. :P

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2011, 01:22:12 am »

17 October, 1936

The world remains relatively quiet. In Spain, there is civil war: the leftist Republicans and the fascist Nationalists. We supported the Republicans. Our long-term plans include bringing them to Comintern. Their colonial holdings will be a useful launching point for our eventual war against the capitalist oppressors, particularly if they take over Portugal. Our Republican allies (the darker yellow) are doing well for themselves, encircling the Nationalists in Madrid and Seville.

In domestic news, unrest has reached its nadir and our understrength divisions have been replenished, freeing up a large amount of new industrial capacity.

Manpower: 1574
IC total: ~210
Civil goods production: 71 IC
Production: 83 IC (16 IC reserved for industrial and infrastructure projects, to be completed 1939)
Supplies: 30 IC
Reinforcements: 3 IC
Upgrades: 24 IC (what doesn't go to increasing the Navy's IC allotment for the next update will go here)

New IC allotments:
  • Army: 40 (~20 in use)
    Current production:   
    • Motorized Infantry 2/10 (due Apr-Mar '38)
    • Infantry 2/10 (due Apr-Mar '38)
    • Armored Car 2/10 (due Oct '37)
  • Air Force: 20 (~10 in use)
    Current production:   
    • Tupolev SB-3 1/8 (due Feb '39)
  • Navy: 7 (~7 in use), to be increased to 14 in the next few months
    Current production:   
    • Battleship Sovyetskiy Soyuz (due Aug '37)

Technology:
  • Basic Fighter: 56% complete
  • Basic Tactical Bomber: 45% complete
  • Improved Light Tank: 15% complete
  • Large Front Doctrine: 38% complete
  • Early Battlecruiser: Complete (unit details added to first post)

Researchers completed work on Improved Machine Tools, increasing our IC efficiency, Mechanized Agriculture, increasing the pace of our manpower growth, and Census Tabulating Machines, opening the door to technologies which will increase the pace of our research. Ministers, if you could decide what you'd like your research teams to work on after they've finished their current projects, I would be in your debt.

Units for deployment (just say where):
  • 2 Motorized Infantry divisions
  • 2 Infantry divisions
  • 2 Armored Car brigades, which can be attached to any division without a brigade already attached. They slightly reduce the softness of a unit and increase its attack against soft targets
  • 1 Tupolev SB-3 tactical bomber wing
  • 1 Destroyer II
  • 2 Submarine II

Coming before the next update: a more detailed look at industry and research, because every grand strategy geek wants to know how those are handled. :P

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2011, 05:04:35 am »

Hmm, lets go with the Floating Fortress doctrine, and as soon as we get the extra IC start work on a battlecruiser and as much transports as we can fit into the remaining free space.
The destroyer will be stationed at Leningrad and the submarines go to Vladivostok.

So to clarify a bit, i want to have the ability to invade Japan when their entire navy is out striking at Pearl Harbor, if done quickly enough and with enough forces we should be able to take the entire Japanese mainland in less than a month.
AS - IG

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2011, 02:54:25 pm »

I'd like to run a tank division, and as a long term goal absorb Mongolia and China. Let's prevent them from becoming a super-power and absorb them into our glorious communist empire.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2011, 03:52:23 pm »

An invasion of Japan is unlikely to be successful until significantly later on: first, even were we to dedicate all of our production to our navy, we would be unable to reach parity with the Japanese by December 1941, and Pearl Harbor is significantly less than a month away from the home islands. Our supply convoys from the USSR would be cut, and we'd lose most of what we dedicate to the endeavor. Second, Japan is highly mountainous. Invasion forces would have to land at a number of points on the islands to finish them off in a month, and that multiplies the supply problems. Third, there's the issue of timing: Germany will probably attack us in mid-1941, and at that point it seems unlikely that we'll have force to spare for adventures in the far east.

China, however, is an interesting idea, particularly after we've finished with Europe. Installing a puppet government there would give us a large amount of additional infantry to play with for our attack on the United States. Depending on the course of the Chinese Civil War, we may not even have to fire a shot.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2011, 03:59:46 pm »

Hmm, okay, time to go south then.If i remember correctly Australia and New Zealand start out with pretty much nothing as far as military is concerned, but they are a bit far away.
AS - IG

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2011, 07:43:05 pm »

I love it so far. Can I get that Battleship once it's finish?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2011, 08:17:55 am »

In any case, as the Minister of Army, I propose the next tasks for our research force: Once the Large Front Doctrine has been completed, we shall move onto researching further in Infantry, and once Improved Light Tanks has been finished, we move onto Early Medium Tanks.

Also, for deployment, I am not sure in which direction our great leader wishes to bring us forth to, but if we are to intervene in the revolution in China, perhaps a few divisions in the far east may be profitable. If not, they should be deployed in the west to prepare for the inevitable German Operation Barbarossa.

Finally, I would like to propose that our forces make use of this lapse of peace and move into Estland and Latvia, so that we may be able to expand the great motherland further. Our Belligerence should wear off while we wait until the inevitable happens.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2011, 08:57:35 am »

Can I get 2*8 fighter production line for 10IC? Or do 1*8 if not.

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2011, 10:19:30 am »

Finally, I would like to propose that our forces make use of this lapse of peace and move into Estland and Latvia, so that we may be able to expand the great motherland further. Our Belligerence should wear off while we wait until the inevitable happens.

Its usually best to wait untill the Molotov-Ribbentropp pact, when you get cores on the baltic states allowing you to use their industry to the full amount.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2011, 10:53:07 am »

I'd like to be in a bomber wing.

Germany will probably attack us in mid-1941
Nonsense! Germans have no quarrel with us, we didn't humiliate them in the great war- the French and British did. So that is who they will attack, surely? (Why, I heard rumors that comrade Vyshinsky is negotiating some kind of pact with that Von Neurath of theirs right now.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37