Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Plans for the winter of 1943

Операция "Ой морозь морозь" - Maintain a high operational tempo through the winter, attacking weak points as able
- 6 (60%)
Операция "Не морозь меня" - Slow things down, making a few major and considered attacks without wasting strength
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37

Author Topic: Arsenal of Democracy LP (1 October, 1944: Vperyod!)  (Read 95054 times)

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
Arsenal of Democracy LP (1 October, 1944: Vperyod!)
« on: February 20, 2011, 11:48:33 pm »

Current update: July, 1945

Spoiler: The Beginning (click to show/hide)

Since I'm pretty much done with my Italy game and looking for a new challenge. The goal: to defeat the Germans, sweep the Allies out of Europe entirely, invade Britain, and finally make our way across the Atlantic to defeat the United States once and for all.

Spoiler: Updates (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unit Commanders (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Plan za Krasniy Mir (click to show/hide)

1. It's an updated version built on the same engine.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 02:03:00 am »

Germany or USSR.

In as a Mechanized division.

If germany I'll claim rommel.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 05:55:25 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 05:32:54 am »

I did quite a few of these on paradox forums, nearly did one here yesterday :D But my AoD crashed while I was retesting it grrrr. That said, this is easily the best HoI game, barring none.

Good luck!

I suggest Britain to play as, aside from Italy I find them the most fun to play, and they have active aspects in air, naval and land throughout the war.

If you pick Britain, I want Archibald Wavell :D Commanded India/Burma army in reality (I believe).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 05:39:41 am by Deadmeat1471 »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 08:57:31 am »

I can't stand AoD myself because of the damn unbalanced crowding the battlefield rule.  Among other things, it means that you litterally should never build infantry.  Seriously.  One tank is better then 20 infantry.

When does darkest hour come out?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 09:59:41 am »

On the assault, maybe. I'd rather have properly-supported infantry holding the line for me.

Supposing you're referring to stacking penalty, I'm alright with it. It occasionally gets a little bit sticky attacking through a narrow part of the world, but dealing with it is part of warfare.

My bigger beef is with the carrier mechanics, where a CAG is basically very long-ranged guns...

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 03:00:38 pm »

On the assault, maybe. I'd rather have properly-supported infantry holding the line for me.

Supposing you're referring to stacking penalty, I'm alright with it. It occasionally gets a little bit sticky attacking through a narrow part of the world, but dealing with it is part of warfare.

My bigger beef is with the carrier mechanics, where a CAG is basically very long-ranged guns...

I prefer both.

Stacking was always unrealistic in previous hoi's, there is such a think as a target rich environment  ;D

The CAG stuff may look silly to begin, but the previous stuff never worked. AoD/HoI2's carrier mechanics solved years of carriers being worthless in HoI 1  ;D

Mithras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 03:30:17 pm »

There's a coincidence, I just got HOI 2 and am playing around with it. My poor laptop's graphic card can't deal with the new Europa Universalis engine so I'd given up trying these games, but boy have I been missing out.

First play through, trying to save the czechoslovakia from invasion by joinging with the Axis, turns out you get the option to do that when the Munich event pops up, which mean's I've just thrown a few roomfulls of currency down the drain.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 05:18:14 pm by Mithras »

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 05:53:14 pm »

I've decided that it's going to be the USSR, with the eventual goal of defeating the Allies and pulling off an invasion of the US. I'll give people a few more days to decide if they want to throw in their hats for Minister of the Army, Minister of the Navy, or Minister of the Air Forces; failing that I'll come up with an initial status report by Friday or so and let people decide if they want to follow a commander.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 06:45:12 pm »

Can I have a guarantee that I will actually survive until the end of the war? Military retainers in the USSR has a record of... well, short times of holding office you know, :P

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 06:51:25 pm »

I demand to be Air Minister :D I will marshall our bi-planes to defeat all our enemys.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 06:57:40 pm »

Hyo: sure thing. People who are in as leaders of various sorts (as opposed to following a particular general or unit) get to stick around in their leadership role no matter how many purges the actual position undergoes.

Deadmeat: woohoo. Welcome aboard.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 07:02:02 pm »

Then allow me to take the position of the Minister of the Army. My command: Body barrage!

(Hey, Soviets got enough bodies to spare :P, they lost 30 million in WWII and it still didn't hurt them one bit. :D)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 10:23:50 pm »

I call a mechanized div.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 12:12:52 pm »

I don't think we start with any. I'll give you a motorized division until then.

This week is kinda busy for me, but at the latest our game-start update will come on Friday.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 08:07:28 pm »

I can i be a minister of the navy?
Seems like fun and i have some spare time nowadays :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37