Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Plans for the winter of 1943

Операция "Ой морозь морозь" - Maintain a high operational tempo through the winter, attacking weak points as able
- 6 (60%)
Операция "Не морозь меня" - Slow things down, making a few major and considered attacks without wasting strength
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37

Author Topic: Arsenal of Democracy LP (1 October, 1944: Vperyod!)  (Read 95128 times)

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (October 1942: Too Many Fronts)
« Reply #300 on: August 01, 2011, 06:18:21 pm »

Fear not, I haven't forgotten you guys. I'm running an IRC campaign of my homebuilt RPG, though, and we start tonight. I've had a lot of prep work to do for that. I'd like to update this in the coming week, but we'll have to see.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 02, 2011, 07:06:40 pm »

May I take command of the cut off and besieged forces?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 16, 2011, 08:51:55 am »

Is this still being updated? What you've already done has been quite a good read.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #303 on: August 16, 2011, 01:08:36 pm »

I do want to continue it, but there are a lot of other demands on my time. I have most of the parts of the next update ready, but the trick is finding the hour or two it takes to put one together. I'm not going to make any promises on when I'll have something up, but rest assured it's not altogether dead.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 17, 2011, 11:12:50 pm »

I would still like to command the besieged forces
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #305 on: October 12, 2011, 01:18:48 pm »

It's been almost two months, but on Friday and Saturday I'm going to crop and annotate my screenshots, look over my notes, and come up with an update. Expect it late Saturday. This is a deadline I intend to hold myself to. If I don't, say mean things about me here until I get it done. :P

For those of you who can't wait to see what happened...

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 12, 2011, 03:38:23 pm »

Mechanized Infantry is way overpowered in AoD, so i bet Ze Germans have built nothing else than Mech and Armors.  ;)
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 12, 2011, 06:08:12 pm »

I just dropped in now, what happened???
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #308 on: October 15, 2011, 06:13:07 pm »

I'll go over a bit of where we were, since it's been so long.

Spoiler: 7 April, 1943 (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (April 1943: Land War in Asia)
« Reply #309 on: October 16, 2011, 01:23:07 am »

Well, scorched earth and more infantry are needed, no question. The Dniepr-Daugava should be our main fallback line for now.

Otherwise, do you think you can crush the yankees quickly? I think that while delaying the Germans, we should crush the US (Well, their troops on our soil at least) then use Zukhov's corp to attack the lesser Axis members (Hungary, Romania and the like). Let the German exhaust themselves for now.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 16, 2011, 10:35:38 am »

Let me once again express how insanely overpowered motorized infantry is in this game. (speed of 13?! WHAT THE BALLS!?) Even in muddy, frozen fucking wastelands with 0 infrastructure, they outrun infantry by so much, that it's not even funny. (Because pushing trucks through mud is 2.6 times faster than walking)
If the germans have plenty of Mot, then your best bet is to hold them at a line that can NOT be broken at any point (as few provinces as possible), but at the same time isn't too close to the initial borders (3 provinces of high revolt rish, with ruined industry, will cool Germans down).

Riga and Dagaupolis are nigh impenetrable, and will protect Leningrad like there is no tomorrow. Mogilev with it's lvl 8 airfield in german hands? PAIN! But it's also too tough to defend if your line isn't already set there.
I once fought a player who bunkered along the rivers (Dniepr-Daugave. Smolensk being the weak spot) and only constant air superiority made me breach that line.

Eventually, you can hold the initial grounds if you feel like it (the line you have already formed is acceptable). Memel appears to be nigh unprotected by germans, and taking it will allow you to cut out the line by 1 province. Romanians are - as pointed by Sheb - the weak spot of the line.

US invasions needs to be reduced to one hostile, harbor province. Contained, so to speak. With their massive naval superiority, you will not be able to keep them off landing somewhere, but you can control their initial one. Don't waste lives in 5 to 1 death counts. Bleeding ze Germans dry is only possible, if you don't bleed out yourself!
Eventually you can just form a two-province front until Japs stab the US in the balls some more.

At any rate : durr.. Why are the French unconquered? :P German's aren't at war with Allies?! OUTRAGE! (This would mean : Fall back to the river line asap)
Or are They just stopped by the French..? (Initial line would curbstomp them)

Edit : Oh! With Bosphorus in Axis hands, DO expect Italians to land in Sevastopol. They do that all the time.
Also a naval invasion in Arkhangelsk is an often used tactic, that broke many soviet balls in HoI.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:22:17 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 16, 2011, 11:00:20 am »

I may reread this eventually, but can i have the Cliff's Notes version, please?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #312 on: October 16, 2011, 11:53:00 am »

US invasions needs to be reduced to one hostile, harbor province. Contained, so to speak. With their massive naval superiority, you will not be able to keep them off landing somewhere, but you can control their initial one. Don't waste lives in 5 to 1 death counts. Bleeding ze Germans dry is only possible, if you don't bleed out yourself!
Eventually you can just form a two-province front until Japs stab the US in the balls some more.

The USSR has about five times the manpower and manpower growth of the Axis. I'm not worried overmuch about bleeding myself dry. :P

The US, however, has twenty-some divisions in the Far East, and I don't have enough there to win a straight-up fight against all of them. I'm also understandably hesitant about reinforcing that front.

At any rate : durr.. Why are the French unconquered? :P German's aren't at war with Allies?! OUTRAGE! (This would mean : Fall back to the river line asap)

No war with the Allies.

Edit : Oh! With Bosphorus in Axis hands, DO expect Italians to land in Sevastopol. They do that all the time.
Also a naval invasion in Arkhangelsk is an often used tactic, that broke many soviet balls in HoI.

We never finished Turkey off. They're not an Axis member.

Edit: since I prepared for a Barbarossa the year before this one, the Daugava-Dnieper line is my planned fallback. Smolensk hosts a maximum-level land fortress. I'll write up a what's-happened-to-this-point post later tonight or tomorrow.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 16, 2011, 01:07:14 pm »

Maybe we should use burned earth with the US too then? Who cares about the Far East anyway? Where is your industry? If it's right behind the Urals, the Lena or Yenisev could make good fallback lines.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 16, 2011, 01:09:15 pm »

I just read through all of this. I love Paradox game LPs. I'd suggest things for you if I weren't so terrible at HOI2, but I'll take an infantry unit on the German front. The irony of the name of the German invasion plan will become rapidly apparent as they are thrown back by the forces of Officer Barbarossa!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37