Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Plans for the winter of 1943

Операция "Ой морозь морозь" - Maintain a high operational tempo through the winter, attacking weak points as able
- 6 (60%)
Операция "Не морозь меня" - Slow things down, making a few major and considered attacks without wasting strength
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37

Author Topic: Arsenal of Democracy LP (1 October, 1944: Vperyod!)  (Read 95145 times)

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (August 1942: Operation Turkey Sandwich)
« Reply #285 on: July 04, 2011, 11:25:52 am »

Besides, all of these are considerations for years ahead - when we actually have a proper navy. While it is fun to speculate to do then, the situation is bound to change within those years.

In any case, has the Second Sino-Japanese war begun on schedule? I can't seem to recall.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #286 on: July 04, 2011, 11:23:28 pm »

Yep. Japan is about mid-way down the Chinese coast, a bit less so inland. I'll post a screenshot next time I update.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #287 on: July 07, 2011, 10:07:09 pm »

I played nearly to November tonight. There will be an update tomorrow or Saturday with exciting (but not necessarily good) news.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 08, 2011, 04:00:21 am »

Germany's attacking!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 08, 2011, 09:07:34 am »

Huh, never noticed the last update; dammit.

In any case, although I'm in charge of the Army, if I may get a word in, I personally think that we shouldn't do any CL builds. It's going to be a pain to move research teams to the navy and etc. anyway, so it would be better to focus on just DDs.

Looking at the setup, we're obviously going for a CV powerhouse; if that is the case, we're only going to want screen ships just to fill the screen count and to take down the occasional SS. CLs would be a waste of resources, really.

In any case..., er, Germany and the Brits declare war on you? :P

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #290 on: July 08, 2011, 09:53:55 pm »

Because it didn't fit in the update for real:

It wasn't Germany or the Allies that attacked, it was the Americans that actually landed troops. There are some other things to get to first, though...

Spoiler: 28 October, 1942 (click to show/hide)

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (October 1942: Too Many Fronts)
« Reply #291 on: July 09, 2011, 11:50:21 am »

... Dear lord, the AI can actually launch proper amphibious invasions? This...... HERESY!

In any case, I advise that we start sending money to Japan right away. We do not want Japan leaping onto us and shredding us apart. Once that happens, it starts becoming uncontrollable and we have another Barbarossa on our hands....  on the other side of the Earth.

Pull out a bunch more divisions from the West, and the Persian front too; we only need ~20 divisions to mop up there.

My advice regarding the situation is that we push through Khabarosk and start encircling with out Far East rifle divisions. The AI loves its bouncing ball, and if we keep armies close, we can lose some ground, and cut off ports as necessary. Redeployed divisions from the area near Inner Mongolia can start coming in and sweeping in from there....

Provided that the US doesn't push too hard with this assault of course, ugh.

But in any case, don't worry about losing ports, as we can always have ships travel halfway across the world to supply our troops... :P
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 11:52:19 am by Hyo »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 09, 2011, 02:42:31 pm »

I would suggest trying to get the japanese on your side. US can't handle the Russians AND the Japanese.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 11, 2011, 12:47:07 am »

As commander of the far east discrit I advise all units to begin attacks on the amercians, pull as many uneeded units from the other fronts as well. We will send the Amercians crying home to their mothers Comrades!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 11, 2011, 07:40:33 am »

Logistic will be a pain in the ass with the whole of Asia to go through. And I guess they cut our shipping lines. We need to finish Persia ASAP.

Also, I'm surprised you didn't send another thrust through Ashkabat.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 11, 2011, 08:49:22 am »

I would suggest trying to get the japanese on your side. US can't handle the Russians AND the Japanese.

I recommend against that. This America invading Soviet situation is precarious as it is; we do not want another country involved. If Japan were to intervene, it would most likely turn out into a bad situation for us either way.

If Japan were to intervene on behalf of the U.S... Well, we can say good bye to Siberia for quite a while, and if Japan were to intervene on behalf of the USSR, they are more than likely going to trigger Pearl Harbour and declare war on the US and the Brits. Even if they don't follow that path, seeing as how ahistorical we have gotten so far; the US joining the Allies from this additional pressure is very likely.

Of course, do you think Germany is just going to sit around, while the USSR is being taken on by half of the world? Hell no, it's not going to let this opportunity lay to waste; Hiter'll Barbarossa us almost instantly.

At any case, I recommend a move to Chunikan, and for our other eight divisions to gather and then attack Khabarovsk as previously mentioned.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:52:48 am by Hyo »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 11, 2011, 02:08:56 pm »

Oh dear, quite balls of these yanks to do something like this >:o

Do we have any sizeable forces on this side of the world?

If anything we could put down some sub patrols to harras any future transports they might send our way.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #297 on: July 23, 2011, 04:05:08 pm »

Update coming tonight or tomorrow: "Stalin's Worst Nightmare"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 30, 2011, 02:51:23 pm »

So?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 01, 2011, 02:58:04 pm »

helllllloooo
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37