Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Plans for the winter of 1943

Операция "Ой морозь морозь" - Maintain a high operational tempo through the winter, attacking weak points as able
- 6 (60%)
Операция "Не морозь меня" - Slow things down, making a few major and considered attacks without wasting strength
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37

Author Topic: Arsenal of Democracy LP (1 October, 1944: Vperyod!)  (Read 95109 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (September 1939: Europe at War!)
« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2011, 10:24:41 am »

Wouldn't it make more send to use Zukhov's unit as an anvil to crush ennemies on, by encircling them by the south? But well, heroes are more important than strategy, I vote for the coastal invasion.

Can I get a unit?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2011, 12:50:16 pm »

Don't you have a ship?

Eh, give Sheb an unclaimed unit in the glorious Zhukov Army!

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2011, 08:36:28 pm »

I'm not exactly sure about the coastal run, especially since Narva is a bloody pain with marshes and rivers - a natural fortress. A tank run through it might simply be stopped right then and there. Still, I think the coastal run in general is more efficient than the frontal one - especially since you seem content to leave the tanks just hanging there after Narva. :P

In any case, er, why are you attacking Poland again?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:42:35 pm by Hyo »

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2011, 09:58:21 pm »

I'm playing now. No plan survives contact with the enemy...

EDIT: 45 screenshots to pick from and crop. It's gonna be a big update, and that was for only a month of relatively low-intensity warfare. Wow.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 05, 2011, 03:54:37 am »

Because I want part of it.

From what I remember, don't you get part of it through an event, or am I misinformed here.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2011, 08:26:40 am »

You do get part of it through an event, but Germany won't take the excess if you exceed what you get with the event.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #157 on: April 05, 2011, 11:11:04 am »

Though I took screenshots, I forgot to take notes while I was playing. Many names have been forgotten. <.<

Sheb, I'll switch you to something more likely to see action in the near future next time I do units. Of the units we're keeping track of, I think Zhukov's corps and some bombers were the only ones that took part in these actions.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Being the General in charge of the Western District, I of course take full responsibility for this magnificent victory.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Don't we have the loss tally for the German?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words

We do, but that sort of the chart made the most sense. Give me a moment and I'll look up what the Germans lost in Poland...

25,000 men, 133 bombers, 18 tanks, 34 trucks.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great for Lublin and Zamosc, but it's kind of a pity that those two were the only ones you could grab during your invasion of Poland; I was hoping that you'd get Prezemysl at the least.

In any case, what kind of Barbarossa tactic are you planning? Do you plan to have a static defense line or a delay tactic into the Leningrad-Moscow-Stalingrad line like historically?

And now that this is over, I would like to request information about our navy: Do we have any transports? And if we don't, is it possible to rush them before the Winter War begins? From my experience, it is possible to capture Finland's VP territories quickly before running into the End of the War event - which is bad diplomatically and ends our NAP with the Germans, and god forbid if they use it to conduct a Barbarossa early - and annex Finland. Of course, that's all based on the assumption that we're annexing them; if we're going down the historical route of pleading on our knees and begging them for measly three provinces then it wouldn't matter. :P

It's also useful if we decide to smash through Scandinavia and take Denmark before the Germans do as well, transports to Oslo usually ends the war with Norway within what, two weeks? :P

Finally, I would like to request strategic redeployment of our forces to Finland and Central Asia, for the conquest of Finland, Afghanistan and Persia. First obviously for the Winter War, and for the latter two, their guarantees should be running out soon, and in the version I've played, they don't have and RR and while it means a larger border to patrol, it's only bordering the Allies anyways, which won't be a problem for a while.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the way, er, question. What happens if Germany succeeds in Operation Sealion, :P?

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words

Our plans to take Britain are greatly simplified. :P

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Jopax bumps thread for good of motherland
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"