Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Plans for the winter of 1943

Операция "Ой морозь морозь" - Maintain a high operational tempo through the winter, attacking weak points as able
- 6 (60%)
Операция "Не морозь меня" - Slow things down, making a few major and considered attacks without wasting strength
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37

Author Topic: Arsenal of Democracy LP (1 October, 1944: Vperyod!)  (Read 95108 times)

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP
« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2011, 11:46:55 pm »

The last five days have been incredibly busy. I may be able to get six or eight months in come tomorrow night, or maybe Wednesday.

The amount belligerence matters depends almost entirely on the AI aggressiveness difficulty setting. 77 is high, but annexing France and Germany in my Italy game got me more than that, and since the AI wasn't very aggressive I was able to make it to 1946 without any additional wars.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2011, 08:23:34 pm »

Update! The technology trees in the parent post are also updated (things in gold are being researched currently).

Spoiler: 2 January, 1939 (click to show/hide)

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2011, 06:46:01 am »

Heh, welll, it seems the purge went well ;P

But yeah, build a bunch of ICs. Thinking back on it, we should've done that from the very beginning. :P

And as for the war, are we planning on the historical entry through Barbarossa?

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2011, 01:02:47 pm »

That's the idea, if Germany carries it out. If they don't, we attack in May, 1942.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2011, 02:13:27 pm »

I thought we were planning on taking over most of the world. Doesn't that mean we have to start ASAP?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2011, 02:31:09 pm »

There's plenty of time... I think. What year does AoD end at?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

ComradeLer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2011, 02:35:56 pm »

Hey. Could I sign up as a Unit Commander? Ground, if possible.
Looking forward to seeing how this progresses!

*It ends on 1st Jan, 1964. And generally, once the action starts, gameplay slows down significantly.

Third edit: An invasion of Germany before Barbarossa is possible. Just very hard, as just about all of Europe declares war on you. If I may suggest, I believe preemptive strike on Germany should be considered.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 02:41:40 pm by ComradeLer »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 25, 2011, 02:47:13 pm »

It could work, right after they commit most of their forces to France, but i don't think it would end nicely, i say we use our knowledge of history and prepare for Barbarossa accordingly
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ComradeLer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 25, 2011, 03:22:44 pm »

Hmm. Ok then.

Well, if I may suggest, you could try influencing Romania, and maybe even pursue a non aggression pact.
That would block the Axis puppets from attacking you in the south.

I believe, if it may be considered, we should influence Spain to a point where they want to cooperate with us.
But, I also believe we should not ally immediately, but make a Surprise alliance, as Barbarossa is taking place.
Hopefully, catch the Axis unprepared, and maybe distract them long enough to relieve our forces in the east.

If Spain is occupied, all the better, and more land for the USSR when we defeat the Axis!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 25, 2011, 03:52:34 pm »

We just offered an alliance to Republican Spain in the last update, actually. They refused thou.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 25, 2011, 04:24:07 pm »

Regarding the BT-7s: I'm just glad to see that we have tanks with actual cannons and not machine guns.  When will my unit get these badboys?

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 25, 2011, 05:08:24 pm »

*It ends on 1st Jan, 1964. And generally, once the action starts, gameplay slows down significantly.

Yup, as in a month takes anywhere from an hour to three or four.

In any case, a surprise rush through Germany certainly is possible. Just hit them as soon as they take Paris, the AI won't know how to react with the ahistorical entry of Russia and a two-front war. In any case, Germany's surrender takes place once you get 70% of its national provinces, so smash through Poland and drive them back all the way Paris as fast as you can, and eat Germany for yourself. Then you can deal with the pesky Balkan provinces once you're done. :P

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2011, 03:24:03 pm »

ComradeLer: you have the 109th Motorized Divison, stationed in Kingisepp on the Soviet-Estonian border.

EuchreJack: unknown. Your division has started upgrading, but I don't really have any control beyond saying that I want your stuff prioritized over the bulk of the army. This isn't because it's yours, actually, but rather because I attached your tanks to Zhukov's 6th Corps, which also includes ComradeLer's 109th Motorized, and will be taking part in the race along the coast of Pribaltika.

Spoiler: 2 September, 1939 (click to show/hide)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (September 1939: Europe at War!)
« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2011, 05:31:47 pm »

Regarding the BT-5s: Eh, at least my tanks actually have tank guns instead of machineguns.  I'm reasonably happy.

I'm for the Zhukov coastal thingy, because it gives my tank unit greater glory.  Besides, what the BT-5 lacks in...everything...it makes up for in speed.

ComradeLer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal of Democracy LP (September 1939: Europe at War!)
« Reply #149 on: April 03, 2011, 10:30:29 pm »

I am nervous that if we attack along the south, the enemy could recapture northern territory, and therefore trap us.

That being said, I could not deny my unit a shot at glory.
I vote for the Coastal Assault plan.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37