Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nest Boxes  (Read 920 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Nest Boxes
« on: February 20, 2011, 10:25:39 pm »

Since wild animals at present will claim nest boxes, can I put a nest box outside and surround it with cage traps to get myself a turkey or two?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Nest Boxes
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 10:28:42 pm »

Yes. Yes you can. And it is amusing. :D

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 12:09:32 am »

Since wild animals at present will claim nest boxes, can I put a nest box outside and surround it with cage traps to get myself a turkey or two?

Turkeys nothing, try catching cave crocodiles from the caverns.....
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 12:45:03 am »

Outside nothing. Put them in your meeting hall.
Our Dwarven instincts compel us to run blindly towards disaster in case there may be a ☼<☼giant cave spider silk sock☼>☼ lying around.

xl 4ndre lx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 01:44:27 am »

I wish I would have read this thread half an hour ago I just lost my whole fort to a cave crocodile.  I placed a nest box in front of my entrance to see if a goose would claim it... That was a bad idea.