Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Forcing dwarfs to tear out their bones/skin  (Read 9829 times)

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forcing dwarfs to tear out their bones/skin
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2011, 11:17:26 pm »

As the OP I now declare this thread to be about general horrific things to do to dwarfs for gain.
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

Angel-of-Dusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2011, 11:40:32 pm »

As the OP I now declare this thread to be about general horrific things to do to dwarfs for gain.

I have no idea where to start... Theres so much !!SCIENCE!! that has been done! Maybe we need to start some new !!SCIENCE!! projects, involving !!Dwarves!!?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2011, 11:51:48 pm »

As a normal (perhaps more !!Creative!!) DF player, I ignore your declaration and continue on my way.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2011, 12:00:40 am »

Is it possible to mod a workshop/machine be powered by the suffering of dwarves? IE. The machine is connected to screw pumps in a sealed room and the trapped dwarf is made to feel miserable through the execution of his or her friends and comrades outside or being the subject of starvation, thirst and injuries. Another dwarf would then drag the sufferingh dwarf over to the machine and hooks the body up thus generating power.
I guess this is kinda like the all the vitae stuff in A:tDD. Also, would it be possible to do this with entities like ghosts and such? I imagine they would probably last a good deal longer in the machine than the dwarves who still have the fleshy squishy parts.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2011, 12:02:52 am »

AFAIK you cannot utilize emotions of Dwarves.  Though I suppose you can have a reaction where you have a dwarf butcher five nearby Dwarves, and create something from their remains.  I'm sure that would dent their emotions a bit.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2011, 12:07:06 am »

Can you generate anything with the blood of dwarves instead? It will almost be like I'm utilizing their emotions. But I guess the hard part would be using it while the same dwarf is strapped into the machine and not extracted before hand.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2011, 12:09:06 am »

You can butcher them and harvest the hearts...

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2011, 12:38:49 am »

Replace their hands with kittens.  "Can't Grasp" indeed!
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2011, 01:54:31 am »

I am so fucking amazed right now. Five days and we're already harvesting bones from living creatures just for the hell of it.

Sigged.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2011, 06:47:27 am »

Perhaps, when magic is implemented, we will be able to harvest happiness and love from our dwarves and sell that for socks.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2011, 09:27:29 am »

Well, see, if you keep dwarves in a state of misery, but not quite over the edge, then the chance of fell and macabre moods increases. Fell moods can kill ghosts (yay bugs!).

I think producing dwarf blood (just letting it splatter everywhere) as a result of a reaction would give them unhappy thoughts. I know that producing vermin corpses sure does. As does producing FILTH.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2011, 09:32:57 am »

Perhaps, when magic is implemented, we will be able to harvest happiness and love from our dwarves and sell that for socks.

You are awesome just for suggesting that. Sigg'd

orbcontrolled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2011, 05:04:19 pm »

So just how flexible is this "shearing" thing? For example: Could one give elephants long tusks that could be "sheared" and made into something? Could this reduce the elephant's combat effectiveness? Can organs be sheared, leaving the creature alive, but with the loss of that particular function? (I'm thinking of a race of demons that harvest eyeballs or something weird like that.) Could each species have ethical qualms over shearing certain body parts?

That last part would be particularly interesting. Dwarves could be opposed to cutting the beard but have no problem harvesting horns. Elves could be against harvesting horns (because it humiliates the animal or something), but not against cutting beards. Imagine the friendly misunderstandings that would result.
You could even have a civilization with regenerating limbs that treats lopping off body parts as an everyday occurrence, and doesn't realize that other civilizations don't share this ability. Imagine the friendly misunderstandings that would result... :P

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2011, 05:20:03 pm »

A Memnon has cut off the arm of Urist McDwarf!
Player:  Meh.
A Memnon has cut off the arm of Urist McDwarf!
A Memnon has cut off the leg of Urist McDwarf!
A Memnon has created a masterpiece!
Player:  There we go!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6