Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WTF AWESOME  (Read 1472 times)

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
WTF AWESOME
« on: February 20, 2011, 05:51:03 pm »

So, I ordered bone bolts made, and here are the materials:

It's an unmodded game, and the corpse has been left outside for ~7 years. DF2010.

:o

And now I have expectional gobbo bone bolts. 8)
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
Re: WTF AWESOME
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 05:52:23 pm »

Dwarf bone bolts?  Awesome.  :D

How'd you get the dwarf bones in the first place?  Don't dwarf corpses just stay as skeletons when they decompose?

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 05:53:26 pm »

Dwarf bone bolts?  Awesome.  :D

How'd you get the dwarf bones in the first place?  Don't dwarf corpses just stay as skeletons when they decompose?
Amxu is a goblin name.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 05:53:47 pm »

It's a gob.

And I have no idea how this happened. LIke I said, the corpse has been outside since the beginning of this fort. The gob was literally my first snatcher.
EDIT: Ninja'd
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 05:55:47 pm »

I THINK stuff outside doesn't decay in relatively recent versions, so that might be why you were able to use the bones after all this time.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 06:09:05 pm »

Bones take an exceptionally long time to decompose, like 10+ years.  It takes like a month for a corpse to rot, and another month to become a skeleton, and then a decade to disappear.  Some people have said that subterranean skeletons never disappear.

Either way, I've seen this happen at times.  It appears to be a variation of the mermaid farm technique.  Corpses of intelligent creatures cannot be butchered, but a severed arm, leg, or even head, will be butchered when it becomes a skeleton.  So, a very high drop, axes, or serrated disks will separate limbs from body, and then allow those limbs to be utilized sometimes.

Bonus points: Equip all your dwarves with goblin bone crossbows.  Justice is harsh for gobbo.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 06:14:38 pm »

Oh, yeah, goblin bone bolts are nothing to be surprised about. Back in 40d like all of my bolts came from goblins.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 06:18:30 pm »

Oh, yeah, goblin bone bolts are nothing to be surprised about. Back in 40d like all of my bolts came from goblins.

All mine came from elves
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 06:33:38 pm »

Good thing I have a 10z tower with 30z pit then :P

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 11:09:05 pm »

If it begins with Ng,
Goblin it be.
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.