Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: AHH BEES, THEY'RE IN MY FORTRESS  (Read 2179 times)

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
Re: AHH BEES, THEY'RE IN MY FORTRESS
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 12:10:21 am »

other "value" tokens work with 0's, why wouldn't this one? are there any reports of failed attempts?
and it's PETVALUE, without underscore

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've seen where it ignores the zero and substitutes a 1.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 01:22:14 am »

be grateful they're smaller than the standard-sized beehives used IRL. Ours are usually 20k bees, and thats the MINIMUM recommended to make them self sustaining. any less and the bees need constant attention to make sure they don't die out.

Other bee keepers i know have hives that go as high as 100k during the height of the season. imagine hives like that in DF
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 01:43:26 am »

You could change the symptom of the bee's sting to something along the lines of... Mass paralysis and necrosis?

Until we get Beekeeper suits, that's a great way to weaponize them against beekeepers.

And animals... though that DOES give me some interesting ideas for limiting Catsplosions... create a separate kind of bee that has lethal stings... build a few hives... designate a pasture just for cats...

Or better yet create a lethal venom just for cats.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.
Pages: 1 [2]