Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The War Between the States: LP - New Saga!  (Read 4254 times)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: The War Between the States: LP - The Army of Tennessee pushes southwards!
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 11:10:27 pm »

I might be focusing on our losses too much.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 11:37:55 pm »

June

Pope and Sheridan attack Tuscaloosa and push the Confederates back. In the battle Confederate general Leonidas Polk was killed in action.

August

Grant attacks Staunton in Virginia. After a long battle, we drive the Confederates from the field! Old Bobby Lee has been whipped at last!

September

Sheridan continues to mop up Confederate resistance in Tennessee. However is Ambushed at Rome, and his cavalry took heavy casualties.

October

Shermans army attacks Corinth, Mississipi. A key crossroads. The battle is close, but we were forced to withdraw. Both sides fought well.

Grant attacks Lexington, Virginia. The few Confederates there are easily routed.

Confederates attacked Staunton, but were rebuffed.
Tallahasse in Florida is occupied.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 11:39:03 pm »

I would say we are doing worse, but only because I havent yet been able to declare the emancipation proclaimation. I need to take new orleans and 3 or 4 other provinces, maintaining our current position and then I can free the slaves, and begin to recruit blacks into the army :D

Curiously:

Nathanial Lyon has fulfilled Grants historic place; he fought in the west and earned his name, becoming a great leader.
Sherman has taken early command of the west, and performed well, though now the forces are stretched (about 30 brigades of men are occupying Tenessee and Kentucky).
Sheridan is my favorite, as usual, but damn he took alot of casualtys at rome.

In the East, Grant has finally broken into Virginia, and the real battles in Virginia are on now! As we have room to maneuver.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:44:56 pm by Deadmeat1471 »

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 12:44:13 am »

November & December

Sherman attacks Corinth again. After another hard fought battle, Sherman pushes the Confederates from Corinth and occupies the city. Sheridan occupies Shiloh south of Paducah.

January

In the east, McClellan is dismissed and Sherman is promoted to theatre command as he arrives in the east.
In the West, John Pope takes command of the western army. George Meade takes command of the forces at Washington DC.

March
Meade resigned for 3 months. :/

April

Grant attacks Winchester and looses 22,000 men. Withdrawing in utter shame.
The Confederates counter attacked and took Harpers ferry.
Pope attacks Memphis. Failing to take it, both sides took heavy losses.

Lincoln calls another draft. We are loosing this war.

June

All our western armies are moved to the east via rail (Two corps, the rest are garrisoning occupied lands), if we cant defeat Lee, he will defeat us.

July

Grant drove Lee back, both sides suffering 10,000 casualties. Reynolds and Sheridans corps arrive at Grants position.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The War Between the States: LP - The darkest of days :(
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 01:15:08 am »

September

Grant attacks Staunton in Virginia again, trying desperatly to break the Southern army in Virginia. Sheridan joins the battle.
And succeeds! The Confederates are driven from Staunton.

Confederate forces retook Corinth in the west.

October

Winchester is taken, only token Confederates defended it.

Meade assumes control of the Washington defences again.

Lincoln lost the 1964 election :( The countrys moral is bottoming out.

November & December

Grant makes attacks repeatedly at Lee, so far he is pushing him back. Harpers ferry is retaken.

January

Lee stops grant at Manassas, both sides lost over 20,000 casualties.

March

The Union sues for peace as civil anti war groups finally pressure them into peace :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNID02byVV4

General Grant surrenders his forces to Lee at Harpers ferry
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 01:23:07 am by Deadmeat1471 »

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Re: The War Between the States: LP - Peace at last.
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 07:30:42 am »

Take that! Yankee Scum!
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2011, 07:32:58 am »

Didn't work too well?  :)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2011, 07:56:16 am »

You didn't have an Antietam. That's why you lost.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2011, 01:30:16 pm »

Didn't work too well?  :)

My error was trying to flank through Kentucky, it resulted in the need to occupy mass swathes of Kentucky, Tennesse and Missouri, as well as supplying them. Also I think I wasn't as aggressive enough in the east, and so it took too long to break R. E. Lee, which we did in the last few turns of the game :(

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The War Between the States: LP - The Confederacy!
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2011, 06:25:10 pm »

Time for the Confederacy! a quickie.

On the Hardest difficulty('Impossible'). Will any of us get out alive?

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 06:28:27 pm by Deadmeat1471 »

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2011, 06:49:05 pm »

July 1861

Raphael Semmes

Raphael Semmes, Captain of the CSS Alabama scores his first prize, boarding a Union merchant vessel and seizing its cargo. This will be the beginning of the career of the greatest commerce raider in american history. He served as both a general ad admiral during the war, and scored a total of 69 'prizes'.

Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard commands Confederate forces at Manassas.

He was a competent Confederate general, he commanded at the battle of 1st Manassas and defeated the Union. Later he defended Petersburg from repeated overwealming attacks by the Union in 1864.

Jeb Stuart, probably the greatest conventional cavalry commander of the war. He loved the romance of battle and cut a dashing figure, he also loved getting his name in the papers. This resulted in a lack of intelligence for Lee's army in 1863, in which Lee engaged blindly into the Union army which began the greatest battle in the western hemisphere, Gettysburg.

Thomas J. Jackson, a teacher at the Virginia Military institute known for his rabid religious zeal. At the battle of first Manassas he defended a key point of the field and was given with the nickname 'Stonewall' from a comment made by Barnard E. Bee, another commander at the battle. After this he began one of the most brilliant campaigns of the war by keeping the attention of a large part of the Union army in the Shenandoah valley, preventing them from falling collectively on the Army of Northern Virginia.

Albert S johnston

One of the finest commanders of the Confederacy, according to Jefferson Davis, he performed excellently until at the battle of Shiloh he was fatally wounded leading his men at the front. He commands our western forces.

Leonidas Polk

Commanding a force in the west at Paducah, he was a better preacher than he was a soldier. But he performed reasonably well anyhow.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 06:51:56 pm by Deadmeat1471 »

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2011, 07:28:35 pm »

We will follow the life and times of the 8th Alabama Infantry
(I picked them at random)
Disclaimer Until such time as they are removed from combat.

For their full wardiary(Historical)
http://www.civilwarhome.com/8alainf.htm

Their flag:

http://www.archives.state.al.us/referenc/flags/026.html

*Upon reading about the 8th, it appears I chose an interesting one randomly!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 07:38:06 pm by Deadmeat1471 »

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2011, 07:56:35 pm »

Random Confederates diary

Aug. 1861

We in the 8th were transported by train to Clarksville Tennesee, upon arriving there we were assigned to General Sterling Price's division. Our orders are to prepare for the liberation of Kentucky, should the yankees resist we will have to fight them there.
General Johnston is here, making plans for the coming battles.

Sept. 1861

News around camp is the Federals have invaded Kentucky, this is confirmed when General Earl Van Dorns cavalry arrive and prepare to head out north to Bowling Green.
The next day we began the march, barely after we had left Van Dorn returned with news that Bowling Green was occupied.
When we arrived there were no Yankees. We dug in then, entrenching just outside the town.

Oct. 1861

News came from Richmond today, there was a big battle at Manassas junction. Story is we were outnumbered 2 to 1, but Longstreet and Jackson managed to hold the field, just.
Also we heard that General Bragg has taken command at Paducah.
Later we heard talk about a cavalryman named Bedford Forrest raising havoc in Yankee occupied Kentucky. Give em hell we all say.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:06:50 pm by Deadmeat1471 »

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2011, 08:29:45 pm »

Nov. 1861

Our commander Johnston has been promoted to overall command of the western theatre, huzzah! General Bragg has taken over command of our army at Bowling Green.

Our forces south of Paducah were attacked and routed by a Union army under the command of Nathanial Lyon, we were ordered to withdraw from Kentucky to a place called Shiloh and prepare defences.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:43:07 pm by Deadmeat1471 »

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2011, 09:21:35 pm »

Jan. 1862

Several battles have been reported, Earl Van Dorn was attacked by Union forces at Bowling Green, suffering over 6000 casualties. Beauregard was attacked at Manassas and defeated the Yankees again. Both sides lost 8000 men. We got word however that General Jackson was hit, he is reportedly wounded.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4