Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dangerous Wilds II  (Read 643 times)

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
Dangerous Wilds II
« on: February 19, 2011, 07:01:54 pm »

Dangerous Wilds

Version II

What is Dangerous Wilds?

Dangerous Wilds was a mod that was released before the material update. A new version has not been released in a while, I intend to change that. Although most of my data was lost, I have been able to remake much of it from memory, and hopefully will be able to release a full version of Dangerous Wilds withing a week or two.

Dangerous Wilds is a mod primarily designed at making Dwarf Fortress harder by adding dangerous creatures to the native flora, and by adding various new types of civilizations to fight. Besides this, Dangerous Wilds aims to provide a wide variety of new metals, plants, food, minerals, toys, instruments, weapons, clothing, and armor. below is listed the entirety of the intended changes and additions:

New Creatures

Creatures dark and dangerous stalk both the surface and the underground, both mundane and magical in nature. Beware!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Weapons and armor

Armor is now layers to accept up to one of each armor type per body slot for most body parts. Numerous types of armor for each body part ensure that diversity is never lacking, and that each civilization has a unique theme to it. This shouldn't be a problem with 78 different types of weapon, 12 varieties of shield, and 24 kinds of helmet, etc.

Civilizations

Each race will be split into at least two variants. Mountain dwarves and Hill dwarves, High Elves and Dark Elves. Factions like goblins will utilize castes to simulate different forms of goblins (boldug, hobgoblins, goblins, imp goblins) A similar system will likely be utilized to combine the various demonic civilizations like the Malus, Krell, and Anathema, or might be used to increase diversity within their civilizations if they remain separate. Humans will likely be split into several different civilizations, one of which will be the woodwoses, which will fit into the niche that elves currently hold in the vanilla version of DF. All of these will use different sets of armor and weapons, although there may be some overlap.

Plants, Minerals, & Metals

Most of the Plants, minerals, and metals will return from the last version, and new ones will be added.

I have plenty of ideas on where to take the next version of the mod, but does anyone have any requests or suggestions on how to improve it over the last version? I am ready to listen to any suggestions or feedback that might come my way.

Progress:

Weapons DONE
Armor & clothing DONE
Instruments DONE
Food DONE
Plants DONE
Minerals In progress
Metals Almost done
Creatures In progress
Entities In progress
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 05:04:06 pm by catoblepas »