Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Perfect World genned worlds always have evil oceans?? :S  (Read 1426 times)

Illanair

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as Nexie.
    • View Profile
Perfect World genned worlds always have evil oceans?? :S
« on: February 19, 2011, 05:08:53 pm »

So I've been playing around with the Perfect World tool for making ascetically pleasing worlds to inhabit. Problem is - every world I gen when I import the ini back into the game have their oceans turned into evil brown haunted/sinister things.

What gives - and how do I fix this odd behaviour? ???

(Am I missing some specific parameter or something? :()

(Edited in a screengrab of a such world - as you can see it's all evil. Not really a place to bring up a family y'know? :-\)

« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 07:36:49 pm by Illanair »
I am going to copy the chicken entry and rename everything chocobo and make it 100x the size of a normal chicken and make it rideable.  Too bad our dwarves probably wont ride them. >_>

Sheepherder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect World genned worlds always have evil oceans?? :S
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 09:00:38 pm »

Good / Evil square counts are not set properly.

Map Parameters > Map Generation Parameters.

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 09:25:25 pm »

Not really a place to bring up a family y'know?

Are we even playing the same game?  Perfect place to raise a dwarf family.
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 09:48:56 pm »

Every day, we would burn our logs to make coke, and then use the coke to make coal from bitumiouse coal or lignite. The coal was then burnt to melt down ores of iron, to make solid iron blocks. Some of these were then turned into steel, through a process that used pig iron. Always burning coal, never thinking of what it would mean later on. We didn't know, we just didn't know... The oceans slowly turned against us, and by the time we knew why, it was to late to do anything about it. Our addiction to burning coal would be the cause of...

DWARVEN GLOBAL WALMING!!!
Turning sea against dwarf is just day one.

Illanair

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as Nexie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 03:13:00 am »

Good / Evil square counts are not set properly.

Map Parameters > Map Generation Parameters.

That did the trick. Haunted Oceans - now up to 60% less skeletal sharks. :D
I am going to copy the chicken entry and rename everything chocobo and make it 100x the size of a normal chicken and make it rideable.  Too bad our dwarves probably wont ride them. >_>

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 02:05:04 pm »

Every day, we would burn our logs to make coke, and then use the coke to make coal from bitumiouse coal or lignite. The coal was then burnt to melt down ores of iron, to make solid iron blocks. Some of these were then turned into steel, through a process that used pig iron. Always burning coal, never thinking of what it would mean later on. We didn't know, we just didn't know... The oceans slowly turned against us, and by the time we knew why, it was to late to do anything about it. Our addiction to burning coal would be the cause of...

when has water ever been friendly to dorfkind?
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 05:44:50 pm »

Ah cmon man. Don't say you don't have at least 10 dead goblin corpses laying on the water traps. I have tons.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 12:59:03 am »

Ah cmon man. Don't say you don't have at least 10 dead goblin corpses laying on the water traps. I have tons.
it's just using you to sate it's bloodlust, when the pickings become slim it will turn on you, friend, and I would hate to be there when it does...
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.