Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Burrows, augh!  (Read 388 times)

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Burrows, augh!
« on: February 19, 2011, 04:41:01 pm »

I'm trying out .19, and didn't want to deal with goblins but also didn't want to go messing around with the init file just yet, so I dug an impassable channel around the edge of my map and installed an airlock to let caravans and migrants in and out. So of course, the first squad of goblins to enter my map is a bunch of archers.

I have a bunch of dwarves stuck right outside the entrance to my fort. I think they may have gotten stuck there trying to bring my animals inside, though most of them are not leading animals now. I saw something similar in .12, where a dwarf leading an animal to safety would get stuck on the edge of the burrow where they were inside and the animal wasn't, but in that case extending the burrow to cover the animal would free them, and that hasn't helped in this case. (I actually wound up extending the burrow to cover all the dwarves that are stuck outside, which didn't help.) I also noticed that some of the dwarves were taking 'gather plants' and 'store item in stockpile' jobs that were outside of the burrow area - that stopped when I turned the relevant labors off, but it still seems buggy to me. There may also be some other job-related bugginess - the dwarves that are stuck outside are mostly showing 'no job' now, even though I have stone stockpiling jobs set up to try to lure them inside, and my miners are also showing 'no job' in the unit window even though there is a digging job to be done. (I haven't checked to see if any of them are stuck in the mess at the entrance.)

Argh!

Fakedit: I set my dwarves to 'no alert' on the military screen, with no change. Then I deleted the burrow altogether, and now I'm getting 'interrupted by goblin' spam. Hopefully that's fixed it in the immediate sense.
Dying (ceasing to be alive) is also not a Moodable skill. Even totally unskilled Dwarves seem to do it correctly.

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Burrows, augh!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 04:53:52 pm »

Yep, all my dwarves went in. I set another military burrow alert, and they don't seem to have gotten stuck again, but they are leaving the burrow to make overland treks to get stone to stockpile. The goblins are out of arrows now, so this isn't such a big deal, but it could be if I had a different defensive setup.
Dying (ceasing to be alive) is also not a Moodable skill. Even totally unskilled Dwarves seem to do it correctly.