Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NO TRADE  (Read 1912 times)

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
NO TRADE
« on: February 05, 2008, 05:31:00 pm »

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I noticed that when playing as goblins they have the words "NO TRADE" in red letters next to their neighbor listing. Is this a result of something missing in the entity file?

EDIT: I believe I found the cause of this, maybe... Goblins don't have any pack animals available to them at the start. I added all the domestic animals to their raw and lo and behold the NO TRADE tag disappeared.

[ February 05, 2008: Message edited by: Hague ]

Raphite1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Beards and Brimstone
Re: NO TRADE
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 06:52:08 pm »

EDIT: Fixed. The animal needed [PACK_ANIMAL].

I'm having a similar problem with NO TRADE always appearing for a custom allied race, which are basically elves with a different name. I've also replaced every creature in the game, and currently only have one [COMMON_DOMESTIC][WAGON_PULLER] creature.

I added [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK], [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL], [COMMON_DOMESTIC_MOUNT], and [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PET] to the custom elves' entity raw, and also made sure the [WAGON_PULLER] creature had [BIOME:ANY_LAND].

My allies are still NO TRADE, though. Any tips?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 07:16:13 pm by Raphite1 »

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NO TRADE
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 08:09:59 pm »

I don't think this is a bug; just a weird message. You aren't hostile with the goblins, but they won't trade with you either. Of course, Toady's currently set the goblins to attack you regardless of diplomatic status.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels