Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Craftsthunder, a 31.19-.21 Succession Fort [Strike the earth! Apply within.]  (Read 24993 times)

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ha! I knew that silver would come in handy.  :P Otherwise it looks good.
Memento Mori

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

More later? Check. After I slept? Check. In the morning...? It's morning somewhere, okay~

Anyway.

Slate:

The dorfs cleared out my rooms; I moved the dump pile inside next to the big pit by the grates so they'd toss the stone down there. I also slaughtered the non-breeding pair animals, save a leopard chained up in agatharchides' room, so now we have some meat. I also started up a craftdorf making mugs until they're pouring out our ears, for when the caravans come along. There was a chain sitting out near the maim-o-matic, so I assigned a cat to it.

I decided that having a dining room and office in the same area was unacceptable, and so I'm going to move my tomb to past my bedroom. I'll have to move my bed and such to a different side, of course, since having my tomb at my back would be a little bit unnerving.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AMG! My new tomb, it hit... -dundundun- SOIL!!!

-sniff- I'll just have to make my tomb somewhere else.

Mid-Slate and the first storage area is dug out.
Still needs the stone cleared out, though.

Ohhh, and there's platinum. I'mma smelt some and make it into statues.

23rd, a miner gave birth to a girl. Whoo-hoo.

25th, my rooms are done! :D

Felsite:

Seeing as there are plenty of idle dwarves, I think I'll get started on that 'adding a ceiling to the pasture' thing.

18th Felsite brings a snatcher... in a cage. Coolio!

Edit: AMG wtf self
this ain't done guys i just pressed send early
Felsite cont.:
19th Felsite brings elves! Eh, I'll just pile them up with mugs, killing them is too much work sorting through all their wooden crap.

23rd Felsite brings... An ambush! Curse them!

AMG GUYS WHAT DO?!

Edit2:

Ambush two!!! What do?!

« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:19:02 pm by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2nd Hematite:
Found the lever and pulled it. Yaaaay!

Final casualties: 2 dead, 3 injured. Yaaaay. Also a cat. M'eh.

I'll do summer, autumn, and winter in segments of their own.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ughhhh, don't think I can manage the rest of the turn. Here's the save.

Things to do:

GET FOOD. Running seriously low there.

Possibly dig out the rest of the storage area? It's already designated, just add the connection to the stairs.

FOOOOOOD.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've PM'ed Dariush.
Memento Mori

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Oh. Right. I'll get to it soon.
I'll update this to 31.22 if nobody minds. If somebody does mind, however... Well, they're out of luck.  :P
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 10:27:51 am by Dariush »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, this fortress needs a lot to be done. First, I'll move the entrance. The current one is a disgrace. The same fate shall befall the hospital. 15 tiles, seriously? Also, I'll enlarge and improve the maim-o-matic. Why exactly is there a contraption for cleaning it? Also, are there any underground farms?

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought the entrance worked fine.  :P The hospital was a makeshift thing I threw down with the spare beds when some of our people got chewed up by a giant toad. I wanted it up as quickly as possible and it wasn't fancy or pretty. There are underground farms to the left and down from the food stockpile, or there used to be. Somebody might have moved them I suppose.
Memento Mori

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)

Okay, so I assume Dariush is gonna finish up Lielac's year and then do his own. Is that right?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I started on 2nd Hematite. What exactly is there to finish?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I lost all my notes (again), so here's a quick summary of what I did:
Moved to 31.23.
Lost about 70 dwarves to FB infection/thirst.
Fixed the food situation (really, setting stills on repeat with 500+ drinks and 0 food isn't such a good idea).
Cleaned up the entrance.
Moved the hospital to a more respectable location.
Made a working militia (though most of it died earlier, so it is mostly untrained dwarves now).
Made a shitload of coffins.
Started adamantine mining.
Added the traditional merchant-capturing machine. (Above the entrance. For it to work, link all supports under walls (but not in barracks!) to a single lever and pull it when merchants are passing on cage traps. Voila - caged merchants! Read my turn in Failcannon or New Eternal Halls for more in-depth description)
Killed a couple of FBs (someone must detect where they are entering the fortress).
Walled off a few unused sections (precioussss FPSsss).
Expanded the farms and moved them to the bottom of the waterfall.
Destroyed the roof above pastures and made temporary ones on the mountain (the grass wasn't regrowing under the roof).
Got a couple of strange moods, nothing useful (mechanism, amulet and other shit).
Added an emergency shutoff lever (closes off the entrance).
Made a trade/war entrance switch (the 'on' position is war (intruders go through a mini-version of maim-o-matic on brook), 'off' is trade (traders go through the capturing machine).
Replaced the grate on bottom of maim-o-matic with hatch to drown all goblins who aren't killed by fall. It is linked to a lever one level above (I forgot to make a note there).
Things for the next overseer to do:
Make lots of iron for mini-maim-o-matic on the brook (I built one trap, hopefully you'll figure out the pattern).
Get wood (there're elves in depot, trade or seize some) for beds and cages.
Link the supports in my machine to some lever.
Be careful with tantrums and insanities, make dwarves happy.
Look at FB situation.
Produce adequate steel equipment for the squads.
Destroy the rest of the ceiling over pasture and move the cattle there once grass regrows.
Make soap for the hospital.
Look at what plants we're growing and build some aboveground plots. I've mainly grown plump helmets for food and drinks and cave wheat for drinks, but more variety would be awesome.
Make some mechanisms.
Finish the cage traps around the supports.
Link the floodgate and the hatch at the bottom of the maim-o-matic to the lever on the level above.
Here's the save. Have Fun! :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:04:38 pm by Dariush »

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel

FFFFFFUuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I'm next!  :P

I will start tonight.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

save a leopard chained up in agatharchides' room, so now we have some meat.

What? You don't think I'm going to eat those yak spleen roasts, do you?

Lost about 70 dwarves to FB infection/thirst.
Ouch. I'm curious, how did dwarves die of thirst? Even if we ran out of booze, I made a well...
Memento Mori

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the point of massive death I already destroyed your well to make walls and haven't yet noticed that my new well didn't have access to water due to it being winter :P

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gotya. I downloaded the save and looked things over. My dorf is apparently dead, so if Valrandir doesn't mind I'll request my old quarters and to be redorfed as the highest level carpenter we have. We seem to be sealed off from the FB's now but some repeating spike traps over the entrances down there might not hurt. I think I'll also take a page from Valrandir's book and ask for a second turn if Evilfuzzy doesn't mind.  :)

Edit: If you can move the leopard back into my dining room that would be swell too.
Memento Mori
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18