Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: Craftsthunder, a 31.19-.21 Succession Fort [Strike the earth! Apply within.]  (Read 25010 times)

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure, redorf me as EvilFuzzyIII and give me him/her the room of the previous two EvilFuzzys.
I downloaded the game and Evilfuzzy II is still alive and kicking.
Memento Mori

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)

Oh, okay, then.

KCFOS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, nice succession game, could I have turn 14, or whichever one isn't taken?

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)

Hrm... It's been three days since when BishopX said he'd have the first season up. I think I'll contact 'im and see if he's having more technical difficulties.

Also, @KCFOS: Sure, and turn 14 is, in fact, the soonest free turn, so there you go.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

???

I think the tumbleweeds are starting to move in...

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It has hardly been longer than gap between the last two turns. Still, I think the next in line would be justified in taking his turn.
Memento Mori

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It has hardly been longer than gap between the last two turns. Still, I think the next in line would be justified in taking his turn.

That would be Johnfalcon. I'll go PM him.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

I am not taking my turn. I have far too many other thing I have to do, and I also am not really into playing DF at the moment. Sorry guys.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

???

It's now your turn.
Memento Mori

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

???

It's now your turn.

Righto!

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a short little thing to get my turn started. I'll do more later today.

1st Granite, 426

So the guy running this place comes up to me and tells me I'm now the overseer. Me! The person who made a pair of really good leather pants once! Wouldn't he want someone with some leader experience?

But noo, it's me. Well then. For someone who's lived in this fort for a few years now, it's surprising how little I know about it. First order of business: looking at everything and taking notes.

One: my quarters SUCK. Now that I'm in charge of this place, I should really get something better. I'll designate some.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Two: Our food stores suck. The booze might be considered passable, but there's a severe lack of munchables.

Three: Our hospital is entirely too small, and rather out of the way.

Four: There's no ceiling over that entrance area/pasture of ours! Flying creatues are nasty.

Five: This place is freakin' labyrinthine!

Six: I hear there's adamantine. Shiiiny....

Seven: Our depot is... also out of the way. Wat?!

Eight: There's a lever that I don't have information on...

More later. The former overseer interrupted me while I was gathering plants.

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a short little thing to get my turn started. I'll do more later today.

1st Granite, 426

So the guy running this place comes up to me and tells me I'm now the overseer. Me! The person who made a pair of really good leather pants once! Wouldn't he want someone with some leader experience?

But noo, it's me. Well then. For someone who's lived in this fort for a few years now, it's surprising how little I know about it. First order of business: looking at everything and taking notes.

One: my quarters SUCK. Now that I'm in charge of this place, I should really get something better. I'll designate some.

Two: Our food stores suck. The booze might be considered passable, but there's a severe lack of munchables.

Three: Our hospital is entirely too small, and rather out of the way.

Four: There's no ceiling over that entrance area/pasture of ours! Flying creatues are nasty.

Five: This place is freakin' labyrinthine!

Six: I hear there's adamantine. Shiiiny....

Seven: Our depot is... also out of the way. Wat?!

Eight: There's a lever that I don't have information on...

More later. The former overseer interrupted me while I was gathering plants.

PULL THE LEVER IN THE NAME OF DWARVEN !!SCIENCE!!

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Granite 1st, 426 (cont.):

More things I've noticed:
What're these bridges for? I see there are pits underneath.

I think I'll designate a dedicated workshop area on the stairs down, so I at least know where the hell the workshops are.

I'll leave that unknown lever alone for now; don't want to cause too much Fun.

Right then! I'll let people get to work (AKA finally unpause the game) and settle back as the new overseer of the fortress!

(New post once fun develops.)

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here, have a huge bloody post. :D

1st Granite, 426, cont. some more:

Some guy's complaining he can't cut rock crystal. Whatever, then stop cutting it if you don't have any! Also miners have started on digging out my rooms and the workshops, whoo-hoo!

And apparently an order of 10 iron chests has been completed. Likely carried over from the old overseer. Checking what the manager has queued reveals this:
No reason to void them, so I'll leave them be. More picks for more miners is always good, of course. :D Means digging gets done faster.

Oh, and I found another unknown lever, a few levels above the previous one.

2nd Granite, 426:

Ooohh, there are iron doors! I think I'll use those for my rooms.

... There are thirteen children. Bleh. Kiddies. Nothing useful 'bout those.

And someone complained about not having rough jades to cut. See comment about rock crystal.

3rd Granite:

Whoo! Miners dug out enough of my bedroom for me to be able to designate my bed to be built. Sweeeet.

4th Granite: Definitely running out of meat. I'll go tell the butchers to off some cows or something.

... or maybe I'll let the breeding pair breed some more. Bleh. I'll see if there are any hunters.

Yep, four people with hunting skills. None hunting though. I'll see if there are any crossbows...
Yes there are. Hmm.

5th Granite:

Oh hey! The river unfroze! And my rooms are almost done! Workshop area is going nicely too.

6th Granite:

Oooohh, more iron items! Totally taking those for my rooms. Ohhh, and I think I'll build myself some weapon racks, those are cool.

And an order for 10 iron statues just completed.

Miners struck resin opal, 'parently. M'eh.

7th Granite:

Order of 30 wooden bins completed. Also, some statues in Valrandir's quarters were unfinished, and when I tried to unsuspend their creations the dwarves complained the job items were lost or destroyed. Plenty of granite statues you twits!

They're hauling now, though, apparently, so I suppose they figured it out.

Hmmmm... is there any bronze? I like bronze. I think I'll make some bronze statues for my quarters.

8th Granite:

My rooms are ready! Sparse, but ready.

Definitely gonna check for bronze. And silver. I like silver too.

There's silver! :D

Lielac has mandated the construction of:
2 silver statues

Ohhh, and:
Lielac has mandated that her rooms be smoothed!

11th Granite:

Work on smoothing my room is going slowly. I shall tell everyone that they can and should smooth things if there are things to be smoothed. That'll speed things up.

Oh, and a yak's starving. Kill it! Kill it for foooood.

Iron sarcophagus order completed. Whoo-hoo.

12th Granite:

Some smelter-guy organized a party. Whooo.

13th Granite:

Hahaa! A hunter's hunting. Whoo-hoo for food! And Dariush keeps making masterpieces. Yay for him, but I don't need to know every single time!

15th Granite:

My rooms are done being smoothed :D

17th Granite:

One of my silver statues is done! Into my dining room/office it goes-

Oi vey. A hunter was just taken by a fey mood. Kebul damn it.

18th Granite:

Crazy guy just claimed a mechanics workshop. Wonder what he'll want...?

Oh, and a yak cow starved to death. >.>

Iron pick and wooden cage orders both completed.

19th Granite:

I'mma get the miners to dig out some little nooks for coffins. You know. Just in case.

20th Granite:

My other statue is ready! :D

And crazy guy's started a mysterious construction. With granite, cow leather, and a resin opal. Fun.

21st Granite:

Workshop area mostly done.

I think I'll designate a stockpile area under it, I see lots of full stockpiles.

Some pretty cavern trees are growing in a pit below the bridges by the dining hall; let's chop 'em down!

23rd Granite:

Ordering some mason workshops built so I can have more weapon racks. Iron's awesome and all, but it's a lot less abundant than rocks. We have lots of rocks. And weapon racks are awesome no matter what they're made of.

Also, going to get the legendary stone detailer to engrave my rooms. :D

25th Granite:

Crazy Guy's done!
He's a legendary mechanic now, apparently. Cool.

Aaand going to get a mason to make me ten rock weapon racks. :D

27th Granite:

Going to get my rooms cleared of these rocks; they're really ugly all scattered about.

28th Granite:

It's the end of the month! Cool!

I think I'll take a little IRL break and continue in the morning after I've slept. And I'll likely continue in a much less detail-intensive manner...

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel

Good Progress Keeper
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18